Warrington GuardianSocialists died for our democracy (From Warrington Guardian)

Text us your news! Start your message Warrington News and send any photos or videos to 80360

Socialists died for our democracy

Warrington Guardian: Socialists died for our democracy Socialists died for our democracy

Derick Acton’s glib comment that if socialists don’t like capitalism then they should move to Cuba or North Korea is, in my opinion, insulting and typifies the extreme right’s belief that they were born to rule.

That we should simply accept it or leave the country adds weight to Harold Pinter’s words, ‘It’s so easy for propaganda to work, and dissent to be mocked’.

 Socialists gave us the NHS, pensions, the 40 hour, five day week, holiday pay, sick pay, maternity leave, health and safety at work and the Open University among many other things beneficial to the people of this country as a whole.

I wonder if Mr Acton benefits from any of those and, if so, would he be prepared, on principle, to give them up?

During two world wars millions of socialists volunteered to fight and sacrificed their lives for democracy and freedom. So why would any socialist want to leave the country now, when they are needed more than any time in the past 70 years?

Mr Acton’s other comments also typify the extreme right’s view that ‘the self’ and ‘the now’ are the only things that matter. I am tempted to tell Mr Acton to go and live in some South American dictatorship but, out of respect for those who made the aforementioned sacrifice, I won’t.

Graham Brinksman Fearnhead

Comments (24)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:24pm Sat 26 Apr 14

itme says...

"  Socialists gave us the NHS, pensions, the 40 hour, five day week, holiday pay, sick pay, maternity leave, health and safety at work and the Open University among many other things beneficial to the people of this country as a whole." AND CAPITALISM PAID FOR THEM.
"  Socialists gave us the NHS, pensions, the 40 hour, five day week, holiday pay, sick pay, maternity leave, health and safety at work and the Open University among many other things beneficial to the people of this country as a whole." AND CAPITALISM PAID FOR THEM. itme
  • Score: 5

6:24pm Sat 26 Apr 14

Graham Brinksman says...

Yeah and pigs can fly.
Yeah and pigs can fly. Graham Brinksman
  • Score: 0

9:22am Sun 27 Apr 14

itme says...

Graham Brinksman wrote:
Yeah and pigs can fly.
So , what system paid for them ?
[quote][p][bold]Graham Brinksman[/bold] wrote: Yeah and pigs can fly.[/p][/quote]So , what system paid for them ? itme
  • Score: 1

11:10am Sun 27 Apr 14

Graham Brinksman says...

The blood, sweat and tears of the ordinary working class people. The same people who died by the bullets fired by the guns that got capitalists rich and are now getting them richer. Here's a question for you; Why do you have to scurry round anonymously on a computer and not write openly to the Guardian if you think you have a point? Mr Acton does and, although I disagree, fair play to him for it.
The blood, sweat and tears of the ordinary working class people. The same people who died by the bullets fired by the guns that got capitalists rich and are now getting them richer. Here's a question for you; Why do you have to scurry round anonymously on a computer and not write openly to the Guardian if you think you have a point? Mr Acton does and, although I disagree, fair play to him for it. Graham Brinksman
  • Score: 2

12:43pm Sun 27 Apr 14

itme says...

Graham Brinksman wrote:
The blood, sweat and tears of the ordinary working class people. The same people who died by the bullets fired by the guns that got capitalists rich and are now getting them richer. Here's a question for you; Why do you have to scurry round anonymously on a computer and not write openly to the Guardian if you think you have a point? Mr Acton does and, although I disagree, fair play to him for it.
We are ALL capitalists , socialism has never existed ANYWHERE in the world. The remark about me scurrying around anonymously is rather childish and an insult to the many many people who use computers to make comments.
[quote][p][bold]Graham Brinksman[/bold] wrote: The blood, sweat and tears of the ordinary working class people. The same people who died by the bullets fired by the guns that got capitalists rich and are now getting them richer. Here's a question for you; Why do you have to scurry round anonymously on a computer and not write openly to the Guardian if you think you have a point? Mr Acton does and, although I disagree, fair play to him for it.[/p][/quote]We are ALL capitalists , socialism has never existed ANYWHERE in the world. The remark about me scurrying around anonymously is rather childish and an insult to the many many people who use computers to make comments. itme
  • Score: -4

6:23pm Sun 27 Apr 14

Graham Brinksman says...

So you speak not only for everybody in the world but anyone who has ever lived in the world. People are doing Socialism now and have been since time began. George Bernard Shaw said "People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it." So I suggest you 'start doing' or 'stop interrupting' The reason my comment sounded childish to you is because you are childish. And it would only insult childish people who use their computers to protect their identity because they do not have the courage of their convictions. So stop feigning indignation and using other people to try and attain the moral high ground.
So you speak not only for everybody in the world but anyone who has ever lived in the world. People are doing Socialism now and have been since time began. George Bernard Shaw said "People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it." So I suggest you 'start doing' or 'stop interrupting' The reason my comment sounded childish to you is because you are childish. And it would only insult childish people who use their computers to protect their identity because they do not have the courage of their convictions. So stop feigning indignation and using other people to try and attain the moral high ground. Graham Brinksman
  • Score: 0

8:00am Mon 28 Apr 14

Nick Tessla says...

I've also had the "if that's what you want you should move to Cuba or North Korea" nonsense when I've dared to utter my belief that to be a democracy we should replace the unelected, inherited monarchy with an elected head of state.

I have pointed out that the states mentioned have non-democratic, hereditary heads of state but I am afraid that some monarchists are deaf to ANY logic.

itme - all countries are socialist to some extent - unfettered capitalism does not exist - thank god.
I've also had the "if that's what you want you should move to Cuba or North Korea" nonsense when I've dared to utter my belief that to be a democracy we should replace the unelected, inherited monarchy with an elected head of state. I have pointed out that the states mentioned have non-democratic, hereditary heads of state but I am afraid that some monarchists are deaf to ANY logic. itme - all countries are socialist to some extent - unfettered capitalism does not exist - thank god. Nick Tessla
  • Score: 1

9:19pm Mon 28 Apr 14

Rowdie says...

Graham Brinksman wrote:
Yeah and pigs can fly.
Yes and your up there leading the lot!
[quote][p][bold]Graham Brinksman[/bold] wrote: Yeah and pigs can fly.[/p][/quote]Yes and your up there leading the lot! Rowdie
  • Score: -4

9:22pm Mon 28 Apr 14

Rowdie says...

Nick Tessla wrote:
I've also had the "if that's what you want you should move to Cuba or North Korea" nonsense when I've dared to utter my belief that to be a democracy we should replace the unelected, inherited monarchy with an elected head of state.

I have pointed out that the states mentioned have non-democratic, hereditary heads of state but I am afraid that some monarchists are deaf to ANY logic.

itme - all countries are socialist to some extent - unfettered capitalism does not exist - thank god.
And unfettered socialism does not exist here at the moment ....thank God and only He knows where the country would be at this moment in time hauling itself out of the mire left by the last lot of socialists.
[quote][p][bold]Nick Tessla[/bold] wrote: I've also had the "if that's what you want you should move to Cuba or North Korea" nonsense when I've dared to utter my belief that to be a democracy we should replace the unelected, inherited monarchy with an elected head of state. I have pointed out that the states mentioned have non-democratic, hereditary heads of state but I am afraid that some monarchists are deaf to ANY logic. itme - all countries are socialist to some extent - unfettered capitalism does not exist - thank god.[/p][/quote]And unfettered socialism does not exist here at the moment ....thank God and only He knows where the country would be at this moment in time hauling itself out of the mire left by the last lot of socialists. Rowdie
  • Score: 5

9:25pm Mon 28 Apr 14

Rowdie says...

Graham Brinksman wrote:
So you speak not only for everybody in the world but anyone who has ever lived in the world. People are doing Socialism now and have been since time began. George Bernard Shaw said "People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it." So I suggest you 'start doing' or 'stop interrupting' The reason my comment sounded childish to you is because you are childish. And it would only insult childish people who use their computers to protect their identity because they do not have the courage of their convictions. So stop feigning indignation and using other people to try and attain the moral high ground.
Socialist China seems a good place for Mr Brinksman....can you imagine any of his pieces being allowed to be published there? Oh he'd love socialism!
[quote][p][bold]Graham Brinksman[/bold] wrote: So you speak not only for everybody in the world but anyone who has ever lived in the world. People are doing Socialism now and have been since time began. George Bernard Shaw said "People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it." So I suggest you 'start doing' or 'stop interrupting' The reason my comment sounded childish to you is because you are childish. And it would only insult childish people who use their computers to protect their identity because they do not have the courage of their convictions. So stop feigning indignation and using other people to try and attain the moral high ground.[/p][/quote]Socialist China seems a good place for Mr Brinksman....can you imagine any of his pieces being allowed to be published there? Oh he'd love socialism! Rowdie
  • Score: 4

9:28am Tue 29 Apr 14

grey_man says...

Those who think New Labour were socialists are deluding themselves except in one regard. They, like the Tories, believe that for big businesses the Government should privatise their profits and socialise their losses. Happened with the banks. Just happened with Royal Mail. And happening right now with HS2. Build it with tax then give it away to your donors at a knock down price so they can profit from it and the rest of us can pay for it twice over.
Those who think New Labour were socialists are deluding themselves except in one regard. They, like the Tories, believe that for big businesses the Government should privatise their profits and socialise their losses. Happened with the banks. Just happened with Royal Mail. And happening right now with HS2. Build it with tax then give it away to your donors at a knock down price so they can profit from it and the rest of us can pay for it twice over. grey_man
  • Score: 3

11:15am Tue 29 Apr 14

Graham Brinksman says...

Ahh the 'unenlightened' Rowdie returns for another round with silly statements taken from The Sun. China is no more Socialist than was New Labour. If you really want to see dissent to your extreme right wing views stifled you could go to live in Chile. Pinochet tortured his opponents to death in front of their own families (what a guy) and was then given sanctuary from justice by that bastion of freedom and democracy 'The Conservative Party' led by Thatcher (what a gal). Oh and by the way; I'd rather be a flying pig than an anonymous coward.
Ahh the 'unenlightened' Rowdie returns for another round with silly statements taken from The Sun. China is no more Socialist than was New Labour. If you really want to see dissent to your extreme right wing views stifled you could go to live in Chile. Pinochet tortured his opponents to death in front of their own families (what a guy) and was then given sanctuary from justice by that bastion of freedom and democracy 'The Conservative Party' led by Thatcher (what a gal). Oh and by the way; I'd rather be a flying pig than an anonymous coward. Graham Brinksman
  • Score: -1

4:54pm Tue 29 Apr 14

Rowdie says...

Graham Brinksman wrote:
Ahh the 'unenlightened' Rowdie returns for another round with silly statements taken from The Sun. China is no more Socialist than was New Labour. If you really want to see dissent to your extreme right wing views stifled you could go to live in Chile. Pinochet tortured his opponents to death in front of their own families (what a guy) and was then given sanctuary from justice by that bastion of freedom and democracy 'The Conservative Party' led by Thatcher (what a gal). Oh and by the way; I'd rather be a flying pig than an anonymous coward.
Gosh it does seem to bug you when people remain anonymous and use pseudonyms ....I love it...nearly every time you post you remark on it.

No sorry I don't and never have read the Sun....or the other one you seem to not like ,,The Mail....keep going though and I might just tell you if you need to know so much. Don't much care where you get your info from...it's all rubbish anyway!
[quote][p][bold]Graham Brinksman[/bold] wrote: Ahh the 'unenlightened' Rowdie returns for another round with silly statements taken from The Sun. China is no more Socialist than was New Labour. If you really want to see dissent to your extreme right wing views stifled you could go to live in Chile. Pinochet tortured his opponents to death in front of their own families (what a guy) and was then given sanctuary from justice by that bastion of freedom and democracy 'The Conservative Party' led by Thatcher (what a gal). Oh and by the way; I'd rather be a flying pig than an anonymous coward.[/p][/quote]Gosh it does seem to bug you when people remain anonymous and use pseudonyms ....I love it...nearly every time you post you remark on it. No sorry I don't and never have read the Sun....or the other one you seem to not like ,,The Mail....keep going though and I might just tell you if you need to know so much. Don't much care where you get your info from...it's all rubbish anyway! Rowdie
  • Score: 5

6:16pm Tue 29 Apr 14

Graham Brinksman says...

I couldn't give a flying **** that you remain anonymous but understand the reasons you do. Its because you haven't got the courage of your convictions and you can regurgitate tripe without any comebacks. People such as Derick Acton, who have opinions of their own and are not afraid to air them in public, don't need any help from a deluded 'keyboard warrior' like you. Oh and by the way, you accused Labour of ruining the economy......you might have noticed that Cameron and Osborne haven't used that 'old chestnut' for a while. That's because last year they were told NOT TO by the Office of National Statistics because IT WASN'T TRUE. You're so far behind the door not only with your info but opinion polls as well.
I couldn't give a flying **** that you remain anonymous but understand the reasons you do. Its because you haven't got the courage of your convictions and you can regurgitate tripe without any comebacks. People such as Derick Acton, who have opinions of their own and are not afraid to air them in public, don't need any help from a deluded 'keyboard warrior' like you. Oh and by the way, you accused Labour of ruining the economy......you might have noticed that Cameron and Osborne haven't used that 'old chestnut' for a while. That's because last year they were told NOT TO by the Office of National Statistics because IT WASN'T TRUE. You're so far behind the door not only with your info but opinion polls as well. Graham Brinksman
  • Score: -6

10:44am Wed 30 Apr 14

SAC_in_Warrington says...

itme wrote:
"  Socialists gave us the NHS, pensions, the 40 hour, five day week, holiday pay, sick pay, maternity leave, health and safety at work and the Open University among many other things beneficial to the people of this country as a whole." AND CAPITALISM PAID FOR THEM.
The Liberal Party also played a part in the formulation of the 1944 Acts.
[quote][p][bold]itme[/bold] wrote: "  Socialists gave us the NHS, pensions, the 40 hour, five day week, holiday pay, sick pay, maternity leave, health and safety at work and the Open University among many other things beneficial to the people of this country as a whole." AND CAPITALISM PAID FOR THEM.[/p][/quote]The Liberal Party also played a part in the formulation of the 1944 Acts. SAC_in_Warrington
  • Score: 4

10:10pm Sat 3 May 14

Rowdie says...

Graham Brinksman wrote:
I couldn't give a flying **** that you remain anonymous but understand the reasons you do. Its because you haven't got the courage of your convictions and you can regurgitate tripe without any comebacks. People such as Derick Acton, who have opinions of their own and are not afraid to air them in public, don't need any help from a deluded 'keyboard warrior' like you. Oh and by the way, you accused Labour of ruining the economy......you might have noticed that Cameron and Osborne haven't used that 'old chestnut' for a while. That's because last year they were told NOT TO by the Office of National Statistics because IT WASN'T TRUE. You're so far behind the door not only with your info but opinion polls as well.
You also forgot to mention there were many 'capitalists' who died for our democracy including many of my own family. This country is roughly divided between the two in ' political think'......as was ever the case. ie those like you who are ardent communists/socialist
s who believe in more control by the state with a political ruling elite telling us each and every way we must go; and the rest of us who believe in less 'state control' and more 'free enterprise' and freedom for the people and less government control!
[quote][p][bold]Graham Brinksman[/bold] wrote: I couldn't give a flying **** that you remain anonymous but understand the reasons you do. Its because you haven't got the courage of your convictions and you can regurgitate tripe without any comebacks. People such as Derick Acton, who have opinions of their own and are not afraid to air them in public, don't need any help from a deluded 'keyboard warrior' like you. Oh and by the way, you accused Labour of ruining the economy......you might have noticed that Cameron and Osborne haven't used that 'old chestnut' for a while. That's because last year they were told NOT TO by the Office of National Statistics because IT WASN'T TRUE. You're so far behind the door not only with your info but opinion polls as well.[/p][/quote]You also forgot to mention there were many 'capitalists' who died for our democracy including many of my own family. This country is roughly divided between the two in ' political think'......as was ever the case. ie those like you who are ardent communists/socialist s who believe in more control by the state with a political ruling elite telling us each and every way we must go; and the rest of us who believe in less 'state control' and more 'free enterprise' and freedom for the people and less government control! Rowdie
  • Score: 9

12:35am Sun 4 May 14

Graham Brinksman says...

So you're happy that many of your family died for 'free enterprise' to flourish in our democracy. How many people in this 'democracy' or your family got 'mates rates' for the Royal Mail sell off from Osborne and made millions of £s profit in a matter of days? And that's only the tip of the iceberg as this government is the most controlling in history. I've never been any kind of Communist let alone an ardent one. You seem to be advocating the 'trickle down effect' which Thatcher used to justify her policy of making the rich richer and the poor poorer. Rowdie your now coming across as someone who knows the argument is lost but can't accept the years wasted being deceived. Go out and do something nice and unselfish for someone. Help somebody worse off than you and feel a glow of contentment. That's what Socialists do and feel all the time.
So you're happy that many of your family died for 'free enterprise' to flourish in our democracy. How many people in this 'democracy' or your family got 'mates rates' for the Royal Mail sell off from Osborne and made millions of £s profit in a matter of days? And that's only the tip of the iceberg as this government is the most controlling in history. I've never been any kind of Communist let alone an ardent one. You seem to be advocating the 'trickle down effect' which Thatcher used to justify her policy of making the rich richer and the poor poorer. Rowdie your now coming across as someone who knows the argument is lost but can't accept the years wasted being deceived. Go out and do something nice and unselfish for someone. Help somebody worse off than you and feel a glow of contentment. That's what Socialists do and feel all the time. Graham Brinksman
  • Score: -5

6:52pm Sun 4 May 14

Rowdie says...

What a nasty person Mr Brinksman is....he seems so sad and angry all the time and resorts to verbally abusing everyone who has the temerity to have a different political opinion than himself.Anyone who doesn't hold the same opinions as himself even; can't possibly be a 'caring for fellow human beings' individual like himself. They are "unselfish" etc. etc.
What he doesn't understand is that half the population of the country understand and believe that the best way to help the poor and needy of our country is to have an economy that is vibrant and working and generating wealth to help everyone including the poor, sick and disadvantaged in our society. They don't believe that Labour policies as in the past, achieve that. (The "sorry but there is no money left"), syndrome..How will that situation help the poor or anyone else?

It is no good spouting 'we will look after everyone'; but then implement policies that do not deliver an economy to produce the where withall and means to achieve that.
Mr Brinksman must spend; I was going to say most of his daylight hours; but I notice this last one was in the early hours; trolling the various sites ; with his nasty verbage. Get a life Mr Brinksman....I would suggest it is you that needs to get out and say something nice to some one; instead of being nasty with your vitriol to people who differ from your political protestations.
You certainly don't strike me as being a person "feeling a glow of contentment all the time"....In fact it is quite obvious you are obviously the opposite!
What a nasty person Mr Brinksman is....he seems so sad and angry all the time and resorts to verbally abusing everyone who has the temerity to have a different political opinion than himself.Anyone who doesn't hold the same opinions as himself even; can't possibly be a 'caring for fellow human beings' individual like himself. They are "unselfish" etc. etc. What he doesn't understand is that half the population of the country understand and believe that the best way to help the poor and needy of our country is to have an economy that is vibrant and working and generating wealth to help everyone including the poor, sick and disadvantaged in our society. They don't believe that Labour policies as in the past, achieve that. (The "sorry but there is no money left"), syndrome..How will that situation help the poor or anyone else? It is no good spouting 'we will look after everyone'; but then implement policies that do not deliver an economy to produce the where withall and means to achieve that. Mr Brinksman must spend; I was going to say most of his daylight hours; but I notice this last one was in the early hours; trolling the various sites ; with his nasty verbage. Get a life Mr Brinksman....I would suggest it is you that needs to get out and say something nice to some one; instead of being nasty with your vitriol to people who differ from your political protestations. You certainly don't strike me as being a person "feeling a glow of contentment all the time"....In fact it is quite obvious you are obviously the opposite! Rowdie
  • Score: 7

7:23pm Sun 4 May 14

Graham Brinksman says...

I wasn't verbally abusing you I was showing you sympathy for the situation your in. You're merely repeating right wing dogma and please stop trying to hit me over the head with New Labour. Stating facts is not 'nasty verbiage' and any vitriol has only come from you. I rarely feel any contentment in such an unjust society so it's 'obvious' I'm 'obviously' the opposite. Are you now policing the internet and saying an argument isn't valid if given after your bedtime? The economy is only vibrant for the richest in the country who are by the way practising Socialism by amassing the country's wealth and sharing it out; between themselves. They are also laughing at you behind your back for not only allowing it but positively encouraging it. "A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves"
I wasn't verbally abusing you I was showing you sympathy for the situation your in. You're merely repeating right wing dogma and please stop trying to hit me over the head with New Labour. Stating facts is not 'nasty verbiage' and any vitriol has only come from you. I rarely feel any contentment in such an unjust society so it's 'obvious' I'm 'obviously' the opposite. Are you now policing the internet and saying an argument isn't valid if given after your bedtime? The economy is only vibrant for the richest in the country who are by the way practising Socialism by amassing the country's wealth and sharing it out; between themselves. They are also laughing at you behind your back for not only allowing it but positively encouraging it. "A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" Graham Brinksman
  • Score: -3

9:03pm Sun 4 May 14

Rowdie says...

Graham Brinksman wrote:
I wasn't verbally abusing you I was showing you sympathy for the situation your in. You're merely repeating right wing dogma and please stop trying to hit me over the head with New Labour. Stating facts is not 'nasty verbiage' and any vitriol has only come from you. I rarely feel any contentment in such an unjust society so it's 'obvious' I'm 'obviously' the opposite. Are you now policing the internet and saying an argument isn't valid if given after your bedtime? The economy is only vibrant for the richest in the country who are by the way practising Socialism by amassing the country's wealth and sharing it out; between themselves. They are also laughing at you behind your back for not only allowing it but positively encouraging it. "A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves"
You just make things up as you go along.....tell me where above I say your argument isn't valid if given after bed-time? Me "vitriol"?....unlike you I love my fellow neighbour not matter what his politics are. I can understand as I have said half of the country have (or maybe not totally), the strong leftie opinions that you have. Good luck to you I say.....but please don't say I am repeating 'right wing dogma' when I espouse mine. As you are aware I have said before I have voted for all parties in my time and are not one who has 'a closed mind'. I appreciate political parties can change , not only in the people who run them, but also their policies...and I did vote for Blair.
And if there are people who are "laughing at me behind my back"; then good luck to them also....as I have said I'm a cheerful and happy kind of bloke so no skin off my nose. Cheer up Graham....your a long time dead!
[quote][p][bold]Graham Brinksman[/bold] wrote: I wasn't verbally abusing you I was showing you sympathy for the situation your in. You're merely repeating right wing dogma and please stop trying to hit me over the head with New Labour. Stating facts is not 'nasty verbiage' and any vitriol has only come from you. I rarely feel any contentment in such an unjust society so it's 'obvious' I'm 'obviously' the opposite. Are you now policing the internet and saying an argument isn't valid if given after your bedtime? The economy is only vibrant for the richest in the country who are by the way practising Socialism by amassing the country's wealth and sharing it out; between themselves. They are also laughing at you behind your back for not only allowing it but positively encouraging it. "A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves"[/p][/quote]You just make things up as you go along.....tell me where above I say your argument isn't valid if given after bed-time? Me "vitriol"?....unlike you I love my fellow neighbour not matter what his politics are. I can understand as I have said half of the country have (or maybe not totally), the strong leftie opinions that you have. Good luck to you I say.....but please don't say I am repeating 'right wing dogma' when I espouse mine. As you are aware I have said before I have voted for all parties in my time and are not one who has 'a closed mind'. I appreciate political parties can change , not only in the people who run them, but also their policies...and I did vote for Blair. And if there are people who are "laughing at me behind my back"; then good luck to them also....as I have said I'm a cheerful and happy kind of bloke so no skin off my nose. Cheer up Graham....your a long time dead! Rowdie
  • Score: 7

12:52am Mon 5 May 14

Graham Brinksman says...

What 'things' am I making up? Your earlier post suggested there was something amiss with my argument because of the late hour it was posted. Why mention it otherwise? Look back on your posts to see where the vitriol is coming from. You don't know me yet suggest I don't love my fellow neighbour. My neighbour recently passed away and I wept for him and I have no idea of his political ideology. You use the phrase ' "sorry but there is no money left" That is right wing dogma (clinging to something uttered by a barely credible politician in order to justify your own incredible policies) Political party's do change but when they decide to do away with basic humanities such as democracy and justice then its time to stand firm and demand change from within rather than vote switching (I've only ever voted for one party and prefer to stay and fight any hijackers) I apologise for the "laughing at you behind your back" statement, on reflection it was unfair of me to say that. However if you're happy to let a minority simply exploit a corrupt government at the expense of the country and it's people as a whole that's up to you but don't expect me or people like me to feel the same way. Finally; if I was someone that tried to exploit the moral high ground I could take the remark "your a long time dead" as a threat. Fortunately for you I'm not.
What 'things' am I making up? Your earlier post suggested there was something amiss with my argument because of the late hour it was posted. Why mention it otherwise? Look back on your posts to see where the vitriol is coming from. You don't know me yet suggest I don't love my fellow neighbour. My neighbour recently passed away and I wept for him and I have no idea of his political ideology. You use the phrase ' "sorry but there is no money left" That is right wing dogma (clinging to something uttered by a barely credible politician in order to justify your own incredible policies) Political party's do change but when they decide to do away with basic humanities such as democracy and justice then its time to stand firm and demand change from within rather than vote switching (I've only ever voted for one party and prefer to stay and fight any hijackers) I apologise for the "laughing at you behind your back" statement, on reflection it was unfair of me to say that. However if you're happy to let a minority simply exploit a corrupt government at the expense of the country and it's people as a whole that's up to you but don't expect me or people like me to feel the same way. Finally; if I was someone that tried to exploit the moral high ground I could take the remark "your a [sic] long time dead" as a threat. Fortunately for you I'm not. Graham Brinksman
  • Score: -1

9:07am Mon 5 May 14

Rowdie says...

You don't even read other peoples quotes,.. point to where I said that there was something wrong with your argument because you were posting in the early hours? There is nothing wrong with your arguments......they are your personal viewpoints and opinions like mine are mine.
You are just a 'nasty' person who finds it very hard to express political opinions with anyone who does not hold the same views as yourself; without getting personal and vitriolic.
You "wept for your neighbour when you heard he was dead"? Do you think you would weep for me if you heard I was dead? Your last sentence sums you up....everyone knows the expression....."your a long time dead" and in what connotation it is used.....it was used to try to tell you to 'lighten up" , but it looks like even that failed.
Any way I accept your other apology but I will end it here because I feel you will only be out to abuse again....and I find it all a bit silly. Its a beautiful day out there land I like most, will be going outside to enjoy and leave you to it!
You don't even read other peoples quotes,.. point to where I said that there was something wrong with your argument because you were posting in the early hours? There is nothing wrong with your arguments......they are your personal viewpoints and opinions like mine are mine. You are just a 'nasty' person who finds it very hard to express political opinions with anyone who does not hold the same views as yourself; without getting personal and vitriolic. You "wept for your neighbour when you heard he was dead"? Do you think you would weep for me if you heard I was dead? Your last sentence sums you up....everyone knows the expression....."your a long time dead" and in what connotation it is used.....it was used to try to tell you to 'lighten up" , but it looks like even that failed. Any way I accept your other apology but I will end it here because I feel you will only be out to abuse again....and I find it all a bit silly. Its a beautiful day out there land I like most, will be going outside to enjoy and leave you to it! Rowdie
  • Score: 4

10:15am Mon 5 May 14

Graham Brinksman says...

Well I'm glad you've woken up perhaps now you can smell the coffee. Goodbye.
Well I'm glad you've woken up perhaps now you can smell the coffee. Goodbye. Graham Brinksman
  • Score: 1

7:04pm Sat 10 May 14

Rowdie says...

Nick Tessla wrote:
I've also had the "if that's what you want you should move to Cuba or North Korea" nonsense when I've dared to utter my belief that to be a democracy we should replace the unelected, inherited monarchy with an elected head of state.

I have pointed out that the states mentioned have non-democratic, hereditary heads of state but I am afraid that some monarchists are deaf to ANY logic.

itme - all countries are socialist to some extent - unfettered capitalism does not exist - thank god.
You better not go to the US and start telling them they are a 'socialist state' (even to some degree); ...you'd be on the first plane out!

And thank God "unfettered socialism" does not exist in this country.
[quote][p][bold]Nick Tessla[/bold] wrote: I've also had the "if that's what you want you should move to Cuba or North Korea" nonsense when I've dared to utter my belief that to be a democracy we should replace the unelected, inherited monarchy with an elected head of state. I have pointed out that the states mentioned have non-democratic, hereditary heads of state but I am afraid that some monarchists are deaf to ANY logic. itme - all countries are socialist to some extent - unfettered capitalism does not exist - thank god.[/p][/quote]You better not go to the US and start telling them they are a 'socialist state' (even to some degree); ...you'd be on the first plane out! And thank God "unfettered socialism" does not exist in this country. Rowdie
  • Score: -1

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree