WARRINGTON Wolves are in control at the Provident Stadium, Odsal.

Tries from Richie Myler, Ryan Atkins and Matty Russell, all converted by Chris Bridge, put Wolves in a good position to reach their fifth Challenge Cup semi final in six years.

They are performing far better than on their previous visit to Odsal, which resulted in a Super League loss to the then bottom club last month.

Early on though, there were a lot of handling mistakes and when Wolves reached Bradford’s danger zone they were not able to make the most of opportunities due to knock-ons.

It took dominant Warrington 14 minutes to break down Bradford’s stubborn resistance.

After a penalty gained for interference at a play-the-ball, Richie Myler stepped off his right foot and weaved a route to the line just to the right of the posts to give Chris Bridge a simple conversion shot.

Bradford hit back the first time they got close to Warrington’s line, helped by Ben Currie’s offload going to Bradford’s hands on Wolves’ 30m line.

On the last tackle of Bradford’s set, the ball came loose from a dummy-half charge and Luke Gale fired a long pass that allowed Adrian Purtell to put Elliott Kear over in the 19th minute.

Wolves’ response was clinical as Bridge found touch from the re-start. Moments later Ryan Atkins wrong-footed Gale to cash in on Myler’s pass. Bridge’s extras made it 12-4 after 22 minutes.

And then there was no stopping Matty Russell at first receiver from short range after a pair of dummy runners occupied Bradford defenders. Bridge was bang on with the boot again to move Wolves 18-4 in front after 27 minutes.

Wolves: Matty Russell; Gene Ormsby, Joel Monaghan, Ryan Atkins, Rhys Evans; Chris Bridge, Richie Myler; Chris Hill, Michael Monaghan, Anthony England, Ben Harrison, Ben Currie, Stefan Ratchford.

Bulls: Lee Gaskell; Elliot Kear, Adrian Purtell, Matty Blythe, Luke George; Danny Addy, Luke Gale; Manase Manuokafoa, Matt Diskin, Chev Walker, Jay Pitts, Tom Olbison, James Donaldson. Subs: Adam Sidlow, Adam O’Brien, Jamal Fakir, Adam Henry.

Referee: Phil Bentham