Styal 0 Eagle Sports 0

Eagle Sports completed their league season for 2013/2014 with a dull 0-0 draw at Styal FC, which still leaves them unsure as to where in the table they will finish this season.

The draw took them up to second place behind champions Garswood United, although Rudheath Social have the opportunity to overtake Rob Hope's side should they avoid defeat to Gamesley FC on Saturday, May 24.

This would mean that Eagle would finish the year in third spot.

However, if Rudheath are defeated, this will then confirm the first team as runners-up for the second successive season.

The game itself was typical of an end of season clash, with neither side standing out and cancelling each other out, despite some good possession by the away side.

Eagle McDermott, Roberts, Coleman, Chinn, R.Bishop, C.Bishop, Hope, L.Boardman, Quirk, Ellis, Walker. Subs N.Williams, M.Boardman, Purcell.

Eagle Sports Reserves 2 Whaley Bridge Reserves 2

Eagle Sports Reserves finished the season with a 2-2 draw at home to high-flying Whaley Bridge Reserves.

Eagle came firing out of the blocks early and took the lead when Joe Thomas played in Andy Dawson, who then finished well into the bottom corner.

The home side were taking the game to the visitors and doubled their lead when Laurence Stephenson played the ball to Danny Nixon, who knocked the ball over the top for Dawson to coolly loft over the goalkeeper.

Whaley Bridge made an early substitution but the home side continued to cause problems and could have been further ahead by the break.

In comparison, Acer Naden in the Eagle goal was sweeping up anything that came his way with ease as his defence were first to everything that the visitors had.

The sides went in at the break with Eagle two goals up.

The visitors came out in the second half and began to peg Eagle back down the pitch before making the breakthrough 10 minutes when a corner was not fully dealt with.

The ball was poked home through a crowd of players into the net to reduce the deficit.

Whaley Bridge began to press Eagle and although the home defence was solid, the ball was failing to stick with the front men and was coming straight back.

The game was level with around 25 minutes to go as another corner was allowed to travel to the back post where the Whaley substitute headed home.

The game became more of an even contest again, although Eagle's defence were still being tested.

The home side continued to play some good football at times on a pitch which definitely needs the summer break and the final whistle went, with both sides content to take a point.

Eagle Reserves Naden, Robinson, Gibson, Heywood, Stephenson, Thomas, Nixon, Muttock, Maher, Dawson, Clark. Subs Derbyshire, Doodson, Biltawi