FOR many it was a teenage home for others it was the place that transformed good nights into great ones.
Since the Warrington Guardian reported that Mr Smith’s is set to be demolished next month, we have been inundated with your fondest memories.
So here are some of the top six readers’ memories. Add your own in the comment box below.
1. This man needs no introductions. Stan the Man has been a hot topic since it was revealed the iconic nightclub was set to be demolished. His ability to style out the most rigorous of dance moves will live on in the memories of all Mr Smith’s revellers.
2. Unleashing your inner rock god and goddess was one of the highlights of many party troopers’ week.
3. The night always ended with a much-needed refuel at The Hoagie Wagon. Some bold claims have been made about the hotdogs on sale with some stating they were the best around. Perhaps a Hoagie Wagon memorial would be a fitting tribute to Warrington's number one night-time eating establishment?
4. The Hit Man and Her nights with Pete Waterman and Michaela Strachan were some of your all time favourites. Then you would head home to see if you had made it on to the small screen to enjoy your two seconds of fame.
5. The birthday vouchers from Mr Smith's – you would toss them aside pretending you wouldn’t use them but would be heartbroken if they missed you off the birthday list.
6. Surviving three nights on the run at Mr Smith’s was not for the faint hearted but many succeeded. And for that we salute you.