The wrap: Eight of the best in Warrington in our round-up of news from July 17 (From Warrington Guardian)
Text us your news! Start your message Warrington News and send any photos or videos to 80360
The wrap: Eight of the best in Warrington in our round-up of news from July 17
Updated 7:17pm Thursday 17th July 2014 in News
Evening wrap fans. It’s that time of the day again when we bundle together the hottest stories from online into one enjoyable bite size chunk. We hope you’re hungry – it’s been a busy day.
1. Readers are still mourning the news that the legendary Mr Smith’s is set to close its doors for good – and rightfully so. We spoke to Dancing Stan the Man and 911's Spike to find out their fondest memories of the iconic night club. Click here to read our most read story of the day.
2. Our Facebook fans have not been shy on making their opinions clear on the new Cheshire Police code of conduct. What are your thoughts? Click here for more.
3. You can get on your bike for £1 when you sign up to the Brompton bike scheme this week. Find out more by clicking here.
4. An increase in reported rapes in the town is a sign that victims feel more confident in going to the police, the head of Cheshire Police’s dedicated rape unit has said. Read all about it by clicking here.
5. Friday’s duel between Wolves and Vikings has evoked some old memories for our sports editor Mike Parsons. Click here.
6. In court news: A Warrington man, who was caught by a self-styled paedophile hunter who posed as a 12-year-old girl, has escaped an immediate prison term. More here.
7. Victoria Park is set to get a £5 million revamp including a new stand with community rooms. Do you think this is money well spent? Let us know in the comment box by clicking here.
8. An alleged thief has been caught by police after getting stuck in a brook near Hawleys Lane. Click here.