A ONE-YEAR-OLD boy was taken to hospital after being attacked by a dog in Woolston, Cheshire Police has confirmed.
The toddler spent three days in hospital, where he needed stitches, after being bitten by the Japanese Akita.
Police say he was released earlier today, Tuesday, and does not need further treatment.
The attack happened at a residential address in Parkway at around 5.30pm on Saturday.
- Priestley College show to pay tribute to Viola Beach guitarist River Reeves' acting legacy
- Motorcyclist hospitalised after hit and run near McDonald's
- No reports of hate crime in the wake of Brexit
- Labour's Nick Bent calls on Jeremy Corbyn to resign
- Stockton Heath Post Office could move to 'supermarket' and extend opening hours
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police are investigating.
Officers have carried out door to door enquiries in the area to establish what happened.
At this stage it is not believed the dog was on the street, or off its lead, but inside an address.
Insp Adkins added no decision had yet been made on whether to seize the animal.