A ONE-YEAR-OLD boy was taken to hospital after being attacked by a dog in Woolston, Cheshire Police has confirmed.
The toddler spent three days in hospital, where he needed stitches, after being bitten by the Japanese Akita.
Police say he was released earlier today, Tuesday, and does not need further treatment.
The attack happened at a residential address in Parkway at around 5.30pm on Saturday.
- UPDATED: Mo Adeniran secures place in The Voice UK final #gomo
- Fatty Arbuckles, the Odeon, and V96 - Warrington in the 1990s
- Teen's design chosen to be new logo for deaf charity
- College helps put teen on track for Tokyo 2020
- Town's GPs say their jobs are 'unpleasant and unrewarding' as report finds workloads are at a 'critical point'
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police are investigating.
Officers have carried out door to door enquiries in the area to establish what happened.
At this stage it is not believed the dog was on the street, or off its lead, but inside an address.
Insp Adkins added no decision had yet been made on whether to seize the animal.