A ONE-YEAR-OLD boy was taken to hospital after being attacked by a dog in Woolston, Cheshire Police has confirmed.
The toddler spent three days in hospital, where he needed stitches, after being bitten by the Japanese Akita.
Police say he was released earlier today, Tuesday, and does not need further treatment.
The attack happened at a residential address in Parkway at around 5.30pm on Saturday.
- WBC await Government response over tolls on Mersey crossings as MP seeks 'clarification'
- HE'S DONE IT! Alzheimer's charity walker crosses the finish line
- Roadworks near Lever Brothers set to cause traffic headache
- REVEALED: This year's Warrington Business Awards shortlisted finalists
- Free bike marking event in town centre
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police are investigating.
Officers have carried out door to door enquiries in the area to establish what happened.
At this stage it is not believed the dog was on the street, or off its lead, but inside an address.
Insp Adkins added no decision had yet been made on whether to seize the animal.