A ONE-YEAR-OLD boy was taken to hospital after being attacked by a dog in Woolston, Cheshire Police has confirmed.
The toddler spent three days in hospital, where he needed stitches, after being bitten by the Japanese Akita.
Police say he was released earlier today, Tuesday, and does not need further treatment.
The attack happened at a residential address in Parkway at around 5.30pm on Saturday.
- Thieves smash through wall of Culcheth Primary to steal children's iPads
- Grappenhall author Sally Green leaves Waterstones judges bewitched with her prize-winning debut Half Bad
- Drug and alcohol misuse detection training being delivered to avoid tragic deaths
- Ice cream firm fined almost £19,000 after worker's finger cut off by fruit slicer
- Suspected drug dealer arrested after being pulled over for using phone while driving
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police are investigating.
Officers have carried out door to door enquiries in the area to establish what happened.
At this stage it is not believed the dog was on the street, or off its lead, but inside an address.
Insp Adkins added no decision had yet been made on whether to seize the animal.