A ONE-YEAR-OLD boy was taken to hospital after being attacked by a dog in Woolston, Cheshire Police has confirmed.
The toddler spent three days in hospital, where he needed stitches, after being bitten by the Japanese Akita.
Police say he was released earlier today, Tuesday, and does not need further treatment.
The attack happened at a residential address in Parkway at around 5.30pm on Saturday.
- Join in with Rocco's celebrations on open day
- Wolves join rugby league community in expressing sadness following death of Keighley player Danny Jones
- Winwick Couple issue smoke alarm warning following blaze months before their wedding
- Team triumphs in getting paediatric diabetes under control
- Husband to host art gallery in memory of wife killed in house blaze
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police are investigating.
Officers have carried out door to door enquiries in the area to establish what happened.
At this stage it is not believed the dog was on the street, or off its lead, but inside an address.
Insp Adkins added no decision had yet been made on whether to seize the animal.