A ONE-YEAR-OLD boy was taken to hospital after being attacked by a dog in Woolston, Cheshire Police has confirmed.
The toddler spent three days in hospital, where he needed stitches, after being bitten by the Japanese Akita.
Police say he was released earlier today, Tuesday, and does not need further treatment.
The attack happened at a residential address in Parkway at around 5.30pm on Saturday.
- Masked gang attack victim during burglary in Padgate
- Armed men threaten victim with knife during raid at Orford home
- Man charged with tax duty evasion of 49,400 cigarettes appears in court
- Girl Next Door's X Factor fate sealed but group to continue fighting for their dream
- Council supports campaign to help more than 345 children in the town find foster homes
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police are investigating.
Officers have carried out door to door enquiries in the area to establish what happened.
At this stage it is not believed the dog was on the street, or off its lead, but inside an address.
Insp Adkins added no decision had yet been made on whether to seize the animal.