Firefighters kept busy over festive period

Warrington Guardian: Firefighters kept busy over festive period Firefighters kept busy over festive period

FIREFIGHTERS have had a busy festive period after dealing with kitchen fires and floods over Christmas and Boxing Day. 

Crews were first called in the early hours of Wednesday after neighbours could hear a smoke alarm going off at 3.40am on Lavender Gardens, Great Sankey.

Firefighters got into the house and found a pan on the cooker and led the resident to safety before they were looked after by paramedics. 

Crews were called to a second kitchen fire in Great Sankey at 10.40am and used hose reels to tackle the cooker blaze on Hurley Close. 

A bathroom leak caused flooding at 7.40pm on Bernard Avenue in Appleton before crews were called to deal with a fire in the outbuildings at Cibo Restaurant in Lymm at 12.15am on Boxing Day. 

Two engines were then called to a second fire on Boxing Day at a house on Padgate Lane at 4.50pm. 

The fire, caused by cooking that was left unattended, was already out. 

A man was treated for smoke inhalation. 

It is not believed anyone was injured during the incidents.

 

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree