Text us your news! Start your message Warrington News and send any photos or videos to 80360
Help children in Warrington with our toy appeal
8:00am Sunday 25th November 2012 in News
TOYS are being dropped off in good numbers for our annual Christmas appeal - but there is still a way to go to beat last year’s record.
The Warrington Guardian has teamed up with BiG Storage in Woolston for the appeal.
We want everyone in Warrington to donate one toy to the appeal for some of the town’s most needy youngsters.
This week Ollie Owl, mascot of Warrington Disability Partnership, came to the BiG Storage facility in Woolston to see how many toys had been dropped off so far for this year’s Christmas Toy Appeal.
Alison Taylor, from BiG Storage, said: “Come on, we can do it! Let’s make this year the best collection we’ve ever had!”
Presents are for children aged under 16 and collections will start from the charities from early December.
The charities which will benefit are: • The NSPCC based in Warrington, help against cruelty to children and provide a range of helpful services for both parents and children.
• The Children’s Adventure Farm Trust, based in Millington, provide holidays and activities for terminally ill, chronically sick, disabled and disadvantaged children.
• Jacob’s Unique Memory Pot (J-U-M-P) who provide a personalised professional photography service to capture positive and special images for children with life limiting health conditions.
• Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) to provide free ‘home away from home’ accommodation at hospitals across the UK.
• St Josephs Family Centre on Museum Street.
• Grangeway Court Homeless Lodge in Runcorn who have individual accommodation units for families of all types and sorts.
• St Katherines Contact Centre who support families across Warrington.
Toys can be dropped off at BiG Storage, 73 Manchester Road, Woolston, Warrington on 812700 (on the A57), Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5.30pm, Saturdays 9am to 4pm, and Sundays 10am to 2pm at the BiG Storage reception.
Toys can also be dropped off at Gullivers World, Camp Road, Warrington, Cheshire and the Warrington Wolves Foundation, The Halliwell Jones Stadium.
Comments are closed on this article.