CHESHIRE Police says there is no cause for concern after officers were called to reports of 'gunshots' in Birchwood on Monday night.
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police were called to Partridge Close at around 10.50pm following reports of 'a disturbance', and that a gun was heard being fired.
Insp Adkins said no weapon was found, and no one was injured.
The incident involved a man and woman who were known to each other.
"There is no suggestion a firearm was involved, and there are no concerns for the safety of residents," said the inspector.
- Drug-driver cases under review following police probe into test data
- Gang armed with knives chase man down alleyway in Orford
- FACE IN THE CROWD: Wolves v Broncos
- UPDATED: Plans to consider closing Warrington Hospital in future in order to move to new 'state-of-the-art' facility confirmed by chief executive
- Applicant withdraws plans to turn town centre office block into 26 apartments
He added the neighbourhood unit is investigating how the report came to be made.