CHESHIRE Police says there is no cause for concern after officers were called to reports of 'gunshots' in Birchwood on Monday night.
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police were called to Partridge Close at around 10.50pm following reports of 'a disturbance', and that a gun was heard being fired.
Insp Adkins said no weapon was found, and no one was injured.
The incident involved a man and woman who were known to each other.
"There is no suggestion a firearm was involved, and there are no concerns for the safety of residents," said the inspector.
- 16-year-old boy dies following crash in Sankey Bridges
- GALLERY: First look inside Donatello's pizzeria after refurbishment project
- Traffic cut by more than 10 per cent following £5m roadworks
- LiveWire's library consultation closes with more than 2,400 responses
- UPDATED: Man charged after car smashes into Latchford Medical Centre
He added the neighbourhood unit is investigating how the report came to be made.