CHESHIRE Police says there is no cause for concern after officers were called to reports of 'gunshots' in Birchwood on Monday night.
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police were called to Partridge Close at around 10.50pm following reports of 'a disturbance', and that a gun was heard being fired.
Insp Adkins said no weapon was found, and no one was injured.
The incident involved a man and woman who were known to each other.
"There is no suggestion a firearm was involved, and there are no concerns for the safety of residents," said the inspector.
- 7 DAYS OF SUMMER DAY SEVEN: Win a family pass to LA Bowl Warrington
- Pub set to be extended with play barn converted to dining area
- 'Extremely polite' nine-year-old wins award given in memory of late Eve Shepherd
- Meadowside dinner lady hangs up her apron after nearly 40 years
- Remember when - you got half a day off work to watch the Mersey regatta
He added the neighbourhood unit is investigating how the report came to be made.