CHESHIRE Police says there is no cause for concern after officers were called to reports of 'gunshots' in Birchwood on Monday night.
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police were called to Partridge Close at around 10.50pm following reports of 'a disturbance', and that a gun was heard being fired.
Insp Adkins said no weapon was found, and no one was injured.
The incident involved a man and woman who were known to each other.
"There is no suggestion a firearm was involved, and there are no concerns for the safety of residents," said the inspector.
- Gang punch and stamp on victim during night club attack in town centre
- Armed response called to Birchwood following reports of gunman
- Woman says vulnerable daughter managed to swallow batteries and lighters in hospital
- Double success for town at Building Excellence Awards
- From Barack Obama victory speeches to A-level preparation – how are candidates getting ready for the council election?
He added the neighbourhood unit is investigating how the report came to be made.