CHESHIRE Police says there is no cause for concern after officers were called to reports of 'gunshots' in Birchwood on Monday night.
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police were called to Partridge Close at around 10.50pm following reports of 'a disturbance', and that a gun was heard being fired.
Insp Adkins said no weapon was found, and no one was injured.
The incident involved a man and woman who were known to each other.
"There is no suggestion a firearm was involved, and there are no concerns for the safety of residents," said the inspector.
- UPDATED 9.25am: M62 to be closed for several hours after 'serious' rush hour crash
- Sister sets charity challenge after sudden death of mum-of-three while out running
- Momentum Warrington 'committed to peace and non-violence' despite Facebook post suggesting PM needs 'electrocution'
- REVEALED: Top ten locations for parking fines
- UPDATED 3.40pm: Police release CCTV image of missing dad as search continues
He added the neighbourhood unit is investigating how the report came to be made.