CHESHIRE Police says there is no cause for concern after officers were called to reports of 'gunshots' in Birchwood on Monday night.
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police were called to Partridge Close at around 10.50pm following reports of 'a disturbance', and that a gun was heard being fired.
Insp Adkins said no weapon was found, and no one was injured.
The incident involved a man and woman who were known to each other.
"There is no suggestion a firearm was involved, and there are no concerns for the safety of residents," said the inspector.
- Burglar caught after standing in dog poo with footprints matched to trainers
- Issues raised over law permitting recordings in council meetings
- Collapsed river banks still to be repaired two years on
- Safeguarding services praised in Warrington
- Touching letter reveals story behind unlikely friendship
He added the neighbourhood unit is investigating how the report came to be made.