CHESHIRE Police says there is no cause for concern after officers were called to reports of 'gunshots' in Birchwood on Monday night.
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police were called to Partridge Close at around 10.50pm following reports of 'a disturbance', and that a gun was heard being fired.
Insp Adkins said no weapon was found, and no one was injured.
The incident involved a man and woman who were known to each other.
"There is no suggestion a firearm was involved, and there are no concerns for the safety of residents," said the inspector.
- UPDATED: Mo Adeniran secures place in The Voice UK final #gomo
- Fatty Arbuckles, the Odeon, and V96 - Warrington in the 1990s
- Teen's design chosen to be new logo for deaf charity
- College helps put teen on track for Tokyo 2020
- Town's GPs say their jobs are 'unpleasant and unrewarding' as report finds workloads are at a 'critical point'
He added the neighbourhood unit is investigating how the report came to be made.