CHESHIRE Police says there is no cause for concern after officers were called to reports of 'gunshots' in Birchwood on Monday night.
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police were called to Partridge Close at around 10.50pm following reports of 'a disturbance', and that a gun was heard being fired.
Insp Adkins said no weapon was found, and no one was injured.
The incident involved a man and woman who were known to each other.
"There is no suggestion a firearm was involved, and there are no concerns for the safety of residents," said the inspector.
- 5p plastic bag sales help to fund specialist equipment for disabled seven-year-old
- Special school pupils receive letter of thanks from the Queen
- Storage container blaze at electrical substation
- Appeal launched to preserve historic church grounds in Culcheth
- Urgent appeal issued for donations to help charity break world record
He added the neighbourhood unit is investigating how the report came to be made.