Text us your news! Start your message Warrington News and send any photos or videos to 80360
Police move to quell Birchwood 'shooting' rumours
Updated 3:27pm Tuesday 8th July 2014 in News
CHESHIRE Police says there is no cause for concern after officers were called to reports of 'gunshots' in Birchwood on Monday night.
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police were called to Partridge Close at around 10.50pm following reports of 'a disturbance', and that a gun was heard being fired.
Insp Adkins said no weapon was found, and no one was injured.
The incident involved a man and woman who were known to each other.
"There is no suggestion a firearm was involved, and there are no concerns for the safety of residents," said the inspector.
- Canada Geese petition tops 50,000
- Woman fined £400 for not paying bill on train
- £5k already donated to Greg Mackey fund
- Hour long queues for motorists on the M56
- Padgate crack house which was 'used as brothel' shut down
He added the neighbourhood unit is investigating how the report came to be made.