CHESHIRE Police says there is no cause for concern after officers were called to reports of 'gunshots' in Birchwood on Monday night.
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police were called to Partridge Close at around 10.50pm following reports of 'a disturbance', and that a gun was heard being fired.
Insp Adkins said no weapon was found, and no one was injured.
The incident involved a man and woman who were known to each other.
"There is no suggestion a firearm was involved, and there are no concerns for the safety of residents," said the inspector.
- Police hunt driver after pedestrian knocked down in hit and run in Dallam
- Hospital nurse struck off for failing to give patient resuscitation
- Police detain 137 suspects at Creamfields with hundreds of crimes reported
- VIDEO: Touching tributes paid at Reading and Leeds Festival to Viola Beach and band manager Craig Tarry
- More than 800 people take part in St Rocco's Colour Run 2016
He added the neighbourhood unit is investigating how the report came to be made.