CHESHIRE Police says there is no cause for concern after officers were called to reports of 'gunshots' in Birchwood on Monday night.
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police were called to Partridge Close at around 10.50pm following reports of 'a disturbance', and that a gun was heard being fired.
Insp Adkins said no weapon was found, and no one was injured.
The incident involved a man and woman who were known to each other.
"There is no suggestion a firearm was involved, and there are no concerns for the safety of residents," said the inspector.
- The wrap: Five of the top headlines in Warrington from December 22
- VIDEO: UPDATED: Seal rescued from Winwick field
- Apprentice diary: The final with Neil Clough
- One man and his guide dog: Trust and wagging tails
- Winter heating help for vulnerable
He added the neighbourhood unit is investigating how the report came to be made.