A ONE-YEAR-OLD boy was taken to hospital after being attacked by a dog in Woolston, Cheshire Police has confirmed.
The toddler spent three days in hospital, where he needed stitches, after being bitten by the Japanese Akita.
Police say he was released earlier today, Tuesday, and does not need further treatment.
The attack happened at a residential address in Parkway at around 5.30pm on Saturday.
- Callous thieves steal Christmas presents while family sleeps upstairs
- The wrap: Five of the best in Warrington in our round-up of news from November 25
- Hopes vandalised play area will be re-opened before Christmas
- Lib Dems back Labour rebel Bennett
- Market traders prepare for move ahead of £52m project
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police are investigating.
Officers have carried out door to door enquiries in the area to establish what happened.
At this stage it is not believed the dog was on the street, or off its lead, but inside an address.
Insp Adkins added no decision had yet been made on whether to seize the animal.