A ONE-YEAR-OLD boy was taken to hospital after being attacked by a dog in Woolston, Cheshire Police has confirmed.
The toddler spent three days in hospital, where he needed stitches, after being bitten by the Japanese Akita.
Police say he was released earlier today, Tuesday, and does not need further treatment.
The attack happened at a residential address in Parkway at around 5.30pm on Saturday.
- Several arrested after busy night in town centre
- Demolition of site earmarked for housing put on hold
- AS IT HAPPENED: Warrington Wolves 56 Wakefield Trinity Wildcats 12
- Woolston document management firm unveils £250k expansion plan
- Warrington Wolves star gives 10-year-old girl the chop for charity in front of whole school
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police are investigating.
Officers have carried out door to door enquiries in the area to establish what happened.
At this stage it is not believed the dog was on the street, or off its lead, but inside an address.
Insp Adkins added no decision had yet been made on whether to seize the animal.