A ONE-YEAR-OLD boy was taken to hospital after being attacked by a dog in Woolston, Cheshire Police has confirmed.
The toddler spent three days in hospital, where he needed stitches, after being bitten by the Japanese Akita.
Police say he was released earlier today, Tuesday, and does not need further treatment.
The attack happened at a residential address in Parkway at around 5.30pm on Saturday.
- LIVE: Warrington South hustings session
- UPDATED: Warrington family launch Supreme Court bid over disability law
- Conservative leader fears council meeting could descend into 'chaos' over number of questions
- Bouncer charged following Bridge Street assault
- Geordie comedian Sarah Millican to perform in Warrington as part of 119-date tour
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police are investigating.
Officers have carried out door to door enquiries in the area to establish what happened.
At this stage it is not believed the dog was on the street, or off its lead, but inside an address.
Insp Adkins added no decision had yet been made on whether to seize the animal.