A ONE-YEAR-OLD boy was taken to hospital after being attacked by a dog in Woolston, Cheshire Police has confirmed.
The toddler spent three days in hospital, where he needed stitches, after being bitten by the Japanese Akita.
Police say he was released earlier today, Tuesday, and does not need further treatment.
The attack happened at a residential address in Parkway at around 5.30pm on Saturday.
- ‘Dishonest’ ex-Lymm High head banned from teaching
- UPDATED 2.20pm: Two casualties rescued from trapped vehicles following serious crash on M6
- Housemaster at notorious Penketh school jailed again for child abuse
- Police seize cannabis plants following raid on town centre flat
- Humans of Warrington: Former church warden
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police are investigating.
Officers have carried out door to door enquiries in the area to establish what happened.
At this stage it is not believed the dog was on the street, or off its lead, but inside an address.
Insp Adkins added no decision had yet been made on whether to seize the animal.