A ONE-YEAR-OLD boy was taken to hospital after being attacked by a dog in Woolston, Cheshire Police has confirmed.
The toddler spent three days in hospital, where he needed stitches, after being bitten by the Japanese Akita.
Police say he was released earlier today, Tuesday, and does not need further treatment.
The attack happened at a residential address in Parkway at around 5.30pm on Saturday.
- Plea for help after driver fled from scene of crash
- Warrington named most active town in the north west for the first time
- Photographer captures 'then and now' of babies born on hospital's neonatal unit
- The Warrington Guardian advent calendar 2016 - door nine
- Judges imposes crime order against drugs kingpin following cocaine and heroin bust
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police are investigating.
Officers have carried out door to door enquiries in the area to establish what happened.
At this stage it is not believed the dog was on the street, or off its lead, but inside an address.
Insp Adkins added no decision had yet been made on whether to seize the animal.