A ONE-YEAR-OLD boy was taken to hospital after being attacked by a dog in Woolston, Cheshire Police has confirmed.
The toddler spent three days in hospital, where he needed stitches, after being bitten by the Japanese Akita.
Police say he was released earlier today, Tuesday, and does not need further treatment.
The attack happened at a residential address in Parkway at around 5.30pm on Saturday.
- No water supply in WA3 area following burst pipe in Birchwood
- Fallen tree from Storm Doris causes delays at Woolston tip
- Arsonists set fire to front door of house
- Tarporley Road remains closed following Storm Doris
- Mum-of-six who offered breast cancer sufferers free nipple reconstructions has Facebook account deleted for 'sexual content'
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police are investigating.
Officers have carried out door to door enquiries in the area to establish what happened.
At this stage it is not believed the dog was on the street, or off its lead, but inside an address.
Insp Adkins added no decision had yet been made on whether to seize the animal.