A COURT has given yet another chance to a woman, who previously stabbed her ex-boyfriend, after her latest law-breaking incident.

Lisa Parker previously plunged a knife into the leg of her former partner in a town centre car park, causing him to suffer ‘substantial blood loss’.

She was handed a suspended sentence, but almost exactly 12 months later, she was again hauled back before Liverpool Crown Court for reoffending.

This involved the mother-of-five spitting directly in a man’s face while drunk and throwing a shoe at his partner.

Parker was charged with breaching her suspended sentence and assault by beating, but the same judge who spared her jail for the stabbing incident again decided against sending her to prison.

Derek Jones, prosecuting, told the court on Monday how the latest incident occurred at around 11.30pm on April 29 this year, on Davenport Avenue in Latchford.

READ MORE > Residents can have their say on plans for new cycle lanes

READ MORE > Pyramid set for revamp as plans take shape

Parker, while intoxicated, walked into a stranger’s house before being asked to leave by its owner. She did so, but while leaving, she began to look inside a works van.

An argument ensued, the court heard, which saw the 37-year-old throw a shoe at the property owner’s partner and spit directly in his face.

It was said that saliva went ‘all over his face and the front of his head’, and that she then made a second attempt to spit at him.

Cheshire Police was called to the scene and officers located the defendant hiding under a car in the road.

She was arrested and interviewed, where she answered no comment to all questions put to her.

The scene of the stabbing incident for which she was previously handed a suspended jail sentence

The scene of the stabbing incident for which she was previously handed a suspended jail sentence

Mr Jones said that the victim was ‘extremely worried’ that Parker could have transmitted a disease onto him, and that that the ‘deliberate’ spitting intended to cause fear.

The offence placed Parker in breach of a 12-month prison sentence suspended for 24 months, handed down by the same judge at the same court in July last year.

This came after she stabbed her long-term, on-and-off ex-boyfriend in a row over him seeing another woman.

Despite a restraining order in her favour after the complaint hit her over the head with a tablet computer, the pair met up in Bank Park.

But on the stairs of Town Hall car park, Parker stabbed him to the leg with a kitchen vegetable knife, with blood ‘pouring’, and the court hearing that it was only ‘by the grace of god’ that the blade had not severed his femoral artery.

Before mitigating for the spitting offence, Siôn ap Mihangel, defending Parker, was told by judge Garrett Byrne: “I did tell her what would happen if she reoffended.”

The barrister said: “This is a woman not without difficulties,” adding that she was ‘dependant on alcohol.

It was said that she had been making ‘relatively positive progress’ in her rehabilitation, with Judge Byrne commenting that he did not want to ‘destroy’ that progress.

Before sentencing, he said: “What you did on April 29 was disgusting. Spitting in a man’s face is a revolting thing to do. The fact you were drunk is no excuse whatsoever.”

Parker, of Grange Avenue in Latchford, was sentenced to a two-year community order.

This includes an alcohol treatment requirement for 12 months and a two-month electronically monitored curfew between 7pm and 6am.