A CONVICTED sex offender has been jailed for breaching the requirements of the sex offender’s register.

Christopher Boardwell was placed on the register in 2015 following convictions of sexual offences involving a child.

Chris Hopkins, prosecuting, told Liverpool Crown Court on Thursday (February 29) how a requirement of the registration was to notify the police of any changes including financially.

Boardwell, of Hollybank Caravan Park, Rixton, breached this by opening a new bank account with Monzo in which his monthly wage was paid into and not registering this new account with the police.

This meant the police were not able to carry out financial checks or monitor his accounts if they needed to.

“The defendant was arrested and made no communication in the interview,” Mr Hopkins said.

Boardwell was brought before the courts in 2015 after being convicted of trying to convince a female under the age of 13 to engage in penetrative activity, the court heard.

The offence took place in 2012 and involved the defendant communicating with a girl as young as 12 on an online chat room and attempting to encourage them to carry out sexual acts.

He was handed a sentence of 18-months suspended for two years.

Mr Hopkins explained how in 2017 the defendant was sentenced to a further stay in prison after breaching the order.

And in November 2020, Boardwell also breached the requirements of registration by failing to inform police of his new address and was sentenced to another 14-month custodial term.

Defending, Gareth Roberts said: “He is 42 years of age. He has pleaded to this offence in lower court on January 25 on his first appearance.

“He knows and realises offences like this are also serious. When he was in prison for his last breach, his bank account was closed down. He opened the account after and said he did inform the police of the account and the police said ‘leave it with us’.

“He accepts he should have followed process and gone down to the station to properly register it.

“He wants to start again and rebuild his life.”

Concluding the sentencing, honour judge David Porter served the defendant an immediate sentence of eight-months.