A BUSINESS was evacuated by firefighters following reports of a smell of burning this morning, Wednesday.

Two fire crews from Warrington and Runcorn fire stations were sent to a business premises in Daresbury Park at approximately 8.50am.

The fire alarm was also sounding when firefighters arrived at the scene.

The building was evacuated and crews inspected it with a thermal imaging camera to look for hotspots.

Warrington Guardian:

They found no signs of fire and traced the source of the burning smell to a battery pack within a computer server, which is believed to have overheated.

The electricity supply to the server was isolated by office staff while firefighters inspected a void above a false ceiling with the thermal imaging camera.

Once they were satisfied that the building was safe, firefighters left the premises after being in attendance for around half an hour.