A SERIAL offender has been jailed for biting and punching police officers during two separate attacks.

Shaun Carmon, of Holford Avenue in Bewsey, hit a female officer in the face having previously bitten a policeman on the hand after being arrested.

On Wednesday, May 9, he was handed 26 weeks behind bars for the attacks.

Warrington Magistrates Court heard that Cheshire Police were called to Raddon Place in Latchford shortly before 1.30am on Friday, January 19, after Carmon had been located in relation to other matters for which he was not convicted.

After being arrested, he became ‘violent and aggressive’, making threats to ‘knock out’ police officers before being taken to the force’s custody suite in Runcorn.

The 26-year-old then counted how many officers were present and said that he would ‘knock the lot of them out’.

Carmon had to have his clothes cut off him by police officers to enable them to perform a search after he failed to comply with their requests.

At this point, he spat twice at a male officer and bit him on the hand.

He was then late to report to Warrington Police Station as part of his bail conditions for this offence.

READ: Drivers urged to avoid area after crash near Lymm

READ: That went quickly - Lookers shuts town dealership

READ: 7 independent food treats you cannot miss in Warrington

Carmon - who has 42 previous convictions for 86 offences - presented at the Arpley Street station in the town centre two days late on Friday, April 6, and was arrested for breaching his bail conditions.

The court heard that the two arresting female officers refused Carmon’s request for a cigarette, at which point his behaviour ‘escalated’.

After being sprayed by them with CS gas, he twice shoulder barged one of the officers - causing her to fall off a kerb and to the floor - before punching the other in the face.

His attack caused the policewoman cuts, swelling and bruising to the face.

Carmon - who appeared in court via a video link to prison, having been remanded in custody since this second incident - admitted three counts of assaulting a police officer during an earlier hearing.

Magistrates handed him a total of 26 weeks in jail for the offences.

He was also ordered to pay a total of £375 in compensation to the three officers.