FIRE crews were called to Culcheth last night after a car was set ablaze.

The blaze on Churchill Avenue was reported to the emergency services shortly before 7.30pm, with the car well alight when crews arrived on the scene.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used two hose reel jets to extinguish the blaze.

Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service also attended a house fire caused by a tumble dryer in Latchford shortly before 8am this morning.

The fire, which is thought to have been caused by a build-up of fluff in the machine, had already been extinguished when crews arrived at the property on Richmond Avenue.