BEFORE Saturday, Billingham had not been a happy hunting ground for Lymm RFC.

Indeed, they arrived in the north east having not won on their hosts’ home ground for seven years.

However, a combination of flair and grit ensured that record was brought to an end as Adam Fletcher’s men ran out 24-20 victors.

Having gone into the half-time break six points behind, tries in the first 15 minutes of the second half from Gregor Watson and Nathan Beesley set up the victory as they admirably protected a four-point lead in the final stages.

“I thought defensively we got better through the game but couldn’t quite get into our shape in attack often enough,” Fletcher said post-match.

“It was great to have the whole squad with us, the noise they made really lifted the team.

“It was very nervy at the end but I’m so happy the boys were able to see the game out.”

Scott Redfern scored Lymm’s other try in the first half, with Cormac Nolan kicking three conversions and an all-important late penalty.

Lymm’s third win in a row keeps them fifth in the North Premier with three games remaining, starting with the visit of third-placed Blackburn on Saturday.

Team: Gavin Woods, Adam Bray, Matty Hand, Aaron Rasheed, James Yates, Rhys Lilly, Ed Morris, Ollie Higginson; Gregor Watson, Tom Shard; Sam Wadsworth, Scott Redfern, Steve Pilkington, Nathan Beesley, Cormac Nolan. Subs: Dan Horton, Rob Makin, Dalton Frith

Closer to home, brothers Leo and Rorio Zheng enjoyed memorable debuts for the Warrington RUFC first team.

Both were among the try-scorers as Stuart Beeley’s side thrashed a depleted Bolton side 85-0 at Grappenhall Sports Club, with Leo crossing the whitewash twice.

In total, Warrington ran in 13 tries as they emphatically responded to having slipped to back-to-back defeats.

With three games of their season left, Warrington now sit fifth in the North Two West table.

Pat Reardon, JP Hudson and Phil Lynch all scored two tries each for the home side against a visiting outfit that was decimated by injuries and unavailability.

Max Caldwell and Matt Beeley were also among the players to cross the whitewash for Warrington, whose next game sees them make the short trip to Orrell on Saturday.