A MUCH-CHANGED Warrington Town side were knocked out of the Cheshire Senior Cup this evening.

Hyde United flexed their muscles after the break to canter to a 5-2 victory, with Jonah Mitchell scoring a brace after Jordan Fagbola had given them the lead.

The sides were level at 2-2 at half time after Yellows have twice taken the initiative.

Stefan Mols poked in Matt Grivosti's cross in the second minute before Jordan Buckley's curling effort put Town back in front, but equalisers from Harry Benns and Tom Pratt sent the sides into the break level.

Listen to the post-match thoughts of Town boss Mark Beesley below

With several first-team players rested, manager Mark Beesley named four current prospects of the Robbie Fowler Academy – with whom Yellows have an official partnership – in the starting line-up.

Lewis Jackson, Josh Murray and Ishmael Sonko started alongside the more established Grivosti, while another FEFA student - David Welsh - came off the bench.

At the other end of the age spectrum, the club’s former goalkeeping coach Jamie Speare, who has been helping the club out with coaching in recent weeks, was named in goal at the age of 46.

Mols was among the fringe players looking to make an impression and he did that inside the first two minutes, poking home Grivosti’s centre to open the scoring.

Hyde were soon level, however, as Benns’ free kick took a deflection to take it beyond the helpless Speare.

Town went back in front when top scorer Buckley expertly brought down a long ball forward, worked room for himself and curled an exquisite shot beyond Hyde goalkeeper Craig Ellison for his 14th goal of the campaign.

That looked like giving Yellows a half-time advantage, but Hyde had other ideas as Pratt met Harry Ditchfield’s cross to squeeze a shot beyond Speare.

The visitors, who named a line-up much closer to a first-choice side, went on to blow Town away in a prolific 15-minute spell after the break.

Fagbola stooped to loop a header in off the crossbar before Mitchell prodded home Pratt’s cross to put the visitors firmly in control.

Town did threaten a response and forced Ellison into two excellent saves in as many minutes.

He first denied Josh Amis, who replaced Buckley at the break, as he strode through one-on-one before flying to his right to tip away a curling effort from Grivosti.

Mitchell wrapped up the scoring, converting the rebound after Speare had saved Pratt’s initial effort as Hyde booked a third-round trip to Crewe Alexandra.