WARRINGTON Town recovered from a two-goal deficit to keep their unbeaten run going at Mickleover in what looks set to be manager Paul Carden's final game in charge.

Sean Williams' free kick secured a share of the spoils after Yellows trailed going into the second half.

Two goals from Dexter Walters had the struggling hosts two goals up at the break but Luke Duffy halved the deficit just after half time.

After the game, Town confirmed they had "reluctantly" granted permission for an unnamed club to speak to Carden about their manager's position.

> More on Paul Carden's potential departure from Warrington Town here

Read sports reporter Matt Turner's verdict on the game here

THIS game will probably be more remembered for what unfolded after it than the action on the pitch.

As news filtered through of manager Paul Carden’s likely departure from the club, it naturally overshadowed what had been an entertaining affair.

Perhaps the Town players already knew of their manager’s intentions or were told of them at half-time as after the break, they emerged determined to dig themselves out of the mess they had put themselves in.

If this is to be Carden’s final game in charge, it is perhaps fitting that he goes out with a display that could be described as his tenure in a microcosm as his side simply refused to be beaten.

They made it hard for themselves, though, after a first half that saw them make little impact.

They got themselves into some pretty threatening positions but never really looked like threatening a Mickleover outfit that had won just twice in its past 15 games.

With the incision the hosts showed going forward, however, you would think it was them who were unbeaten in eight and theoretically brimming with confidence.

The evergreen Stuart Beavon led the line superbly, with Dempsey Arlott-John and Dexter Walters lively either side of him while the classy Mason Warren was given license to get further forward.

Two well-taken Walters goals had them well in control while at the other end, Town promised much but delivered little.

Their diminutive front three of Dom Reid, Luke Duffy and Matt Grivosti were full of endeavour but things were easily swept up by the home rearguard.

Perhaps the brightest spark was Stefan Mols, impressing again on his second consecutive start.

Everything good went through the Spaniard as he carried the ball through midfield with authority.

He and his teammates had a hole to pull themselves out of, but pull themselves out they did.

Indeed there was plenty of time following Sean Williams’ equaliser from a fizzing free kick to go on and complete the turnaround, but the draw was probably the right result.