Warrington Wolves u19...32 Huddersfield Giants u19...42

JOSH Thewlis scored twice but Warrington Wolves paid the price for conceding command of Saturday's clash with Huddersfield Giants at Victoria Park Stadium.

Paul Anderson's men led 20-6 after 28 minutes but shipped in three quickfire tries to trail at the break and never got their noses in front again, eventually falling to their first defeat in five games.

Warrington's other tries were scored by Connor Wrench, Cole Oakley, Eribe Doro and Riley Dean, who added three conversions to one landed by Lewis Hall.

Giants opened the scoring early but four minutes Dean's slick pass put full back Thewlis through a gap and he rounded the cover.

Just before the midway point of the half Wolves took the lead when Dean chipped behind the Giants defence from close range and he was fast enough to collect and score, with Hall converting.

Five minutes later a strong run from Jacob Chamberlain and a superb ball from Doro found Wrench running a great angle to break through and score. Dean's two extra points moved Wolves 16-6 clear.

Thewlis then helped to extend the lead further.

He collected a high ball on his own goal-line and raced 70 metres, weaving through the Huddersfield defenders.

The move was carried on by winger Henry Collins and after a quick play-the-ball Gibbons linked with Wrench to put centre Oakley over in the left corner.

Then came the Huddersfield response.

Second-row pair Callum Cameron and Alfie Copley were both held just short but on the last tackle Tom Mayoh burrowed over and Josh Pinder added the conversion.

Slick hands close to the Wolves line then saw Ross Whitmore force his way over at the side of the posts.

A Wire handling error then led to Travis Corion collecting the loose ball and racing 90 metres to score between the posts.

Pinder's penalty goal right on half time made it 26-20 to the visitors.

The break came at the right time for Wolves, who were back on level terms two minutes after the restart.

Tayler Brown had the ball stolen illegally as he went to score and Ellis Longstaff, being held just short from the penalty, led to Doro powering over on the right. Dean converted.

Eight minutes later Giants retook a lead they never lost.

A long bullet pass from Pinder found centre Ben Tibbs at speed to go over on the left and after the visitors forced back-to-back drop outs a high kick into the in-goal area proved fruitful for Logan Simpson to touch down.

Giants made sure of the win when a clever kick inside by Pinder resulted in Jack Flynn reacting quickest to score.

Wolves had the final say with Thewlis' second try from an angled run.

Wolves: Josh Thewlis; Lewis Hall, Nathan Roebuck, Cole Oakley, Henry Collins; Riley Dean, David Gibbons; Karlton Bates, Padraig Anglin-Sheedy, Jacob Chamberlain, Ellis Longstaff, Connor Wrench, Tayler Brown. Subs: Jamie Abram, Jacob Gannon, Eribe Doro, Alex Pendlebury.

Giants: Dom Young; Logan Simpson, Aidan McGowan, Ben Tibbs, Travis Corion; Kobe Poching, Josh Pinder; Oliver Wilson, Jack Flynn, Robson Stevens, Callum Cameron, Alfie Copley, Ross Whitmore. Subs: Finley Bruce, Ben Bamber, Lewis Laing, Tom Mayoh.