LYMM'S North Premier status looks likely to be determined in the final week of the season.

Saturday's bonus-point 21-16 home loss to Ilkley, and a win for relegation rivals Kendal at Wirral, leaves Adam Fletcher's side seeking survival points in their remaining three matches - starting with the home clash against play-off chasing Harrogate on Saturday that follows a past players' luncheon at Beechwood.

At the weekend the crowd were left with a feeling of what might have been on a day when colts George Norman and Joe Johnson made their home debuts and Richard McEvoy left the field with a shoulder injury after only 15 minutes.

Had the first-half kicks gone over, or the end to the first half yielded points when Lymm camped on Ilkley's line, things might have been different.

But the visitors' defence along with Lymm mistakes and decision making at crucial times were probably the difference.

“The game was a tight and scrappy affair with both teams making errors. Ultimately, Ilkley looked after the ball better than us," said director of rugby Fletcher.

“We have to keep training hard, remain confident that we will take points out of our remaining three fixtures."

Unconverted tries from Tom Shard and James Kimber had twice given Lymm a first-half lead but Ilkley responded each time and were never behind again.

Lymm: Gavin Woods, Adam Bray, Jordan Widdrington, Matty Connelly, Aaron Rasheed, Joe Watson, James Pitcher, Joe Johnson, Tom Shard, Tom Bray, George Norman, James Kimber, Ben Stansfield, Richard McEvoy, Scott Redfern, Nick Ashton, Rob Makin, Andy Davies.

Lymm's seconds produced a thrilling comeback to win 26-25 at Rossendale.

They trailed 25-9 with 20 minutes remaining but converted tries from Jack Porteous and Luke Richards along with a late penalty from Josh Davies secured the spoils.

Lymm: Luke Richards, Jorge Reynolds, Josh Davies, Joe Senior, Josh Hamer, Alfie Simpson, Tom Baker, Will Baldwin, Oli Thornton, T Oliver, A Smith, Jack Porteous, David Coon, James Lewis, Oli Brown. Rep, Jake Davies.

Warrington's first XV are in a scrap to avoid relegation from North One West.

They remain fourth from bottom of North One West, a point clear of Burnage, going into Saturday's home contest with Broughton Park after the weekend's 41-26 loss to Douglas on the Isle of Man that earned a four-try bonus point.

"Perhaps the final score was a little flattering to Douglas," said coach Andy Roberts.

"I was pleased with the way the lads stepped up and hopefully we can take the same attitude into our remaining three fixtures.”

Speedy Nathan Beasley broke the deadlock but the hosts led 15-7 at the turn-around.

Steve Pilkington finished off a Darren Norman break as the lead was cut to a point but Douglas hit back twice in quick succession.

Tom Green crashed over but Warrington got sloppy as they conceded two more tries before Beasley crossed for his second.

Warrington's seconds overcame Broughton Park 37-29 in a thrilling affair.

A 34-10 lead looked unassailable with 10 minutes remaining but two tries and a penalty try Park got back to within five points.

When Warrington were awarded a penalty with the clock already in the red, up stepped Ben Dixon to kick a goal from halfway and deny Park the consolation of a losing bonus point.

“What a game,” was the summing up of skipper Craig Byrnes.

“The result keeps us at third in the league with just one game left against league leaders Birkenhead Park.”

Warrington's tries were scored by Max Caldwell, Alex Stewart, Craig Byrnes and Andy Buck.