LOGS left too close to a wood burner filled a house with smoke.

Firefighters were called to reports of a log burner smoking excessively at a property on London Road in Stockton Heath shortly after 8pm on Monday.

Crews wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel to put out the flames.

The logs were removed from the property and a large fan was used to disperse smoke.

Warrington Guardian:

READ > Woman suffers 'traumatic' ordeal giving birth to stillborn baby in prison toilet

The fire is believed to have been started due to the logs being too close to the wood burner.

Firefighters from Stockton Heath attended the incident.

Minutes later, crews also dealt with a small fire in a wooded area near Capesthorne Road.