A JEALOUS ex-boyfriend who caused his former partner to pass out after strangling her has been jailed.

Kyle Lamb throttled his victim multiple times on consecutive days in their shared rented flat after becoming enraged by her ‘talking to boys’ on social media.

The pair continued to live together despite their relationship having ended, but the 20-year-old viewed her attempts to form new relationships with other men ‘disrespectful’ to him.

His victim says his actions have left her feeling jumpy and looking over her shoulder while outside, and she expects this to remain with her for some time.

Lamb, of Watkin Street in Orford, was hauled before Liverpool Crown Court to learn his fate last week after pleading guilty to two counts of assault occasioning ABH.

Sarah Gruffydd, prosecuting, explained how the pair had been in an on-off relationship for four years, but it had ended a few weeks prior to the offences which took place on May 16 and 17.

On the first of these dates, the complainant went out with a friend who had set her up on Tinder.

She returned to their flat around 10pm to find the defendant playing on his Xbox, but he soon followed her into another room and started shouting at her after discovering her profile on the hook-up app.

He called her ‘disrespectful’ and questioned her about talking to ‘a lot of boys’, before grabbing her by the neck and punching her in the chest.

He then put both hands around her neck and began strangling her. The victim said she felt like this ‘went on forever’ and thought he was going to kill her.

She eventually passed out before waking up with a headache and ‘fuzzy eyes’, only to be throttled again for a shorter period by Lamb, who then left her crying and returned to his Xbox.

Shockingly, he strangled her again 10 minutes later following another disagreement about Tinder.

The following day, the pair had been at home all day together but started talking to each other through Snapchat from different rooms.

Warrington Guardian: Liverpool Crown CourtLiverpool Crown Court

They soon began talking about Tinder again, with him asking how many boys she had matched with, and after calling her a liar, he punched her to the ribs and tried to unlock her phone.

After refusing to give him her password, Lamb shouted: “Give it to me or I’ll kill you, the cats and then myself.”

Scared for her safety, the victim gave him the password which revealed to him that she was chatting to a boy on Snapchat. He subsequently punched her to the face, arms, back, ribs, and leg, leaving her with bruising and swelling.

Putting his hands around her neck once more, he got her in a ‘choke hold’ before stopping and leaving the room. She later told a friend what had happened and moved out.

In a victim impact statement, she spoke of her fear of going out and the nervousness and anxiety she experiences.

“I hate him for what he did and what he put me through – I didn’t deserve it,” she said.

Ms Gruffydd revealed to the court how Lamb has three previous convictions for three offences.

Keith Jones, defending, explained how Lamb’s best mitigation is his guilty pleas and the seven months he has already spent in custody.

He added: “The defendant is embarrassment over what he has done to this young lady and accepts there are no excuses for his actions.

“His experience of prison is not a welcome one, but he has come to the realisation that as a result of his actions, he is throwing his life away. He is adamant he will never return to court or prison again.”

Before sentencing, recorder Eric Lamb said: “Your relationship was over, but you were determined to be in control of what other relationships she may or may not be trying to form.

“I am not persuaded of a realistic prospect of rehabilitation, and the offences are so serious that only a custodial sentence is appropriate.”

Lamb was jailed for 16 months and is subject to a three-year restraining order preventing him from contacting his victim.