FIREFIGHTERS rushed to Lymm to tackle a kitchen fire yesterday evening, Monday.

Crews from Birchwood and Irlam fire stations were dispatched to a house on Reddish Lane at 6.07pm after receiving reports of the blaze.

On arrival, they found the fire to have started in the kitchen and discovered that it was caused by a toaster being accidentally left too close to the hob.

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the building and used a hose reel to extinguish the fire.

Crews then used a large fan to clear the smoke from the building.

Firefighters were in attendance for approximately 90 minutes.