A FIRE which started in a chimney of a Hood Manor home quickly spread to a nearby fence and wheelie bins late last night, Sunday.

The crew from Penketh Fire Station was called out to Payne Close at 11.42pm to tackle the blaze.

Firefighters used a hose reel jet to extinguish the fire and cut away sections of the fence.

They left the scene once they were satisfied that the fire was fully extinguished and that the address was safe.

The crew was in attendance for more than half an hour.

For tips to avoid a chimney fire, visit cheshirefire.gov.uk/public-safety/home-safety/chimneys