THESE are the shocking pictures a machete attacker posted on social media, showing him covered in blood after he had almost chopped his victim’s hand off.

Jordan Hughes, from Bewsey, was yesterday jailed for 12 years over the gruesome assault outside McDonald’s on Winwick Road in March.

Warrington Guardian:

The 22-year-old produced a 40cm blade from down his trousers and attacked a man who was walking near to the fast food branch with a group of friends shortly before 3.30am on Saturday, March 7.

He was forced to undergo a 12-hour operation in order to save his hand, which had to be reattached at the wrist after the 20-year-old suffered a partial amputation.

After the attack, Hughes, of Calgarth Avenue, posted images of himself on Snapchat smirking and with blood splattered across his face.

In these posts, he claimed to have been stabbed during the incident.

The caption on one of the pictures read: “Just got stabbed in the head lol.”

A second picture showed a wound to his knee, which Hughes told police he had suffered after falling over and that this was why his clothes and bedroom were covered in blood when he was arrested.

Warrington Guardian:

As previously reported by the Warrington Guardian, swung the machete at his victim two to three times ‘for no apparent reason’.

The defendant admitted inflicting grievous bodily harm and possession of a bladed article in a public place during an earlier hearing.

Judge Gary Woodhall, sentencing on Wednesday, said that these social media postings showed that Hughes was ‘revelling’ in what he had done.

READ> Jordan Hughes sentenced for horrific McDonald's machete attack

This incident was one of two stabbings reported along the A49 within hours on the same night.

A 24-year-old man was attacked by two offenders as he walked through Brickfields Park in Orford at around 9pm on Friday, March 6.

Warrington Guardian:

The pair, who were armed with a knife, chased their victim onto the A49 before fleeing the area having inflicted serious injuries upon him.

Winwick Road was closed in both directions after the stabbing, with nearby roads gridlocked after the Super League match between Warrington Wolves and Castleford Tigers at the Halliwell Jones Stadium.

No arrests have so far been made over this second incident, which is not believed to be linked to the machete attack.