MEMBERS of staff fell ill as firefighters were called to a chemical leak at a warehouse in Woolston in the early hours.

Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service were called to a business premises on Kingsland Grange shortly before 1am today, Friday.

Seven workers of staff had reported feeling ill after a small chemical leak in an industrial dishwasher.

Four fire engines attended the scene, with crews cordoning off the affected area of the building.

The North West Ambulance Service’s hazardous area response team assessed the casualties, but none are believed to have required hospital treatment.

No fumes were detected in the building by firefighters, and the area was ventilated.

Staff were then allowed back into certain areas of the industrial unit.