THE family of Helen O’Brien have paid tribute to the ‘beautiful, kind and generous’ mum.

Thirty-four-year-old Helen was found dead in the Mersey last week after an extensive police search following her disappearance.

Now her loved ones have paid tribute to the ‘brilliant mother and shining light’, whose fiancé Kevin died suddenly last year only weeks before the couple were due to get married.

In a statement, the family said: "We will always remember our Helen as the beautiful, kind and generous person that she was – a brilliant mother to her two sons, and a shining light in all of our lives.

Warrington Guardian:

"Since Helen lost Kevin so suddenly last year, she has done her best to cope for the sake of her boys.

"She fought so hard to get the boys to where they are now, through everything that life threw their way – she was so brave to the end, and we are very proud of her.

"The pain of Helen's passing is hard to put into words – we are lost, we are down and we are weakened, but we won't stay that way for long.

"We now have the most important job of all – to be pillars of strength, love and courage for the boys as they grow into strong men, men that will always know how much they are truly loved by their mum and dad and the rest of their family.

"While we are heartbroken, we take some comfort in knowing that Helen is back in the arms of her soulmate and that they are together for all eternity.

"Not a day will ever pass where we won't think of both of them.

"We will miss them always."

Helen was last seen alive on Lime Tree Avenue in Stockton Heath at around 10pm on Wednesday, September 25.

Police investigating her disappearance were alerted to a woman’s body in the Mersey near to Seacombe Ferry Terminal on the afternoon of Wednesday, October 2.

Her death is not being treated as suspicious by police, and her family are being supported by specialist officers.

Extensive searches had been carried out across Warrington since Helen, also known as Helen Reilly, went missing.

Emergency services were seen near to the Cantilever Bridge in connection with the investigation.

Warrington Guardian: