AN underworld 'Mr Big' dived behind bins for cover as a gunman fired 18 rounds from an Uzi at him, a court has heard.

Orford man Mark Fellows, 38, and Steven Boyle, 35, are accused of the 'stone cold murders' of Paul Massey 55, from Salford and his friend, John Kinsella, 53, from Liverpool, who were both gunned down as part of a feud between rival gangs, it is alleged.

Footage of Fellows, which was shown to the jury this week, can be viewed by clicking play above.

Family members of Massey broke down in tears at Liverpool Crown Court on Tuesday as the jury was shown a photo in which his body could be seen in the distance.

Paul Greaney QC, prosecuting, said Massey had been attacked as he walked to his front door just before 7.30pm on July 26 2015, carrying a bag containing Bacardi and two bottles of coke which he had bought from a nearby Bargain Booze.

Experts estimated the gunman fired 18 rounds from a sub-machine gun, probably an Uzi, as Massey attempted to make phone calls for help.

Witness Matthew Jones, who had been in a car park opposite the house, had described hearing the gunfire.

Mr Greaney said: "He watched as Paul Massey dived behind his bins, at which point the gunman walked up the drive and towards Paul Massey in order, as it seemed to Matthew Jones, to get a better shot at him."

Kinsella, who was killed by a gunman in Rainhill, Merseyside, in May, almost three years after Massey's death, was among the friends of Massey who arrived at the scene following his shooting.

The court was shown footage of a police interview with Wendy Owen, Kinsella's partner, who the court heard now had a newborn baby.

She said she had been walking with Kinsella and their six dogs at about 6.45am on May 5 when she turned to see a man on a mountain bike and heard a 'puff' sound from a gun.

She told officers she screamed and ran towards the man but he then shot at her.

Miss Owen, who flagged down passing traffic to help, described the gunman as 'cool' and focused on Kinsella.

She said: "He wanted to finish the job."

The court has heard the murders were part of a feud between two gangs, one, which called itself the A Team, headed by Stephen Britton and which Massey and Kinsella were associated with and the other, headed by Michael Carroll, which Fellows and Boyle were associated with.

Mr Greaney told the jury a Garmin Forerunner watch seized from Fellows after his arrest showed he had travelled on a bike from his home to a field opposite Mr Massey's house in April 2015, three months before the murder, in an alleged 'reconnaissance run'.

The court was shown photos of Fellows wearing the GPS watch as he competed in the Great Manchester 10k race.

A Skoda car belonging to Fellows and a Berlingo van which the prosecution allege he was using at the time were seen in the vicinity of Massey's home a number of times from July 18 2015, up until his murder, although Massey was in North Wales from July 17 and did not return until the day before his death.

Mr Greaney said a Vauxhall Insignia car allegedly driven by Boyle was seen following Mr Massey's BMW as he returned home on the day of his murder and then parked up outside a convenience store where it remained until four minutes after the shooting.

Mr Greaney said: "The patterns across the two murders are clear: Mark Fellows and Steven Boyle operating together; Mark Fellows the gunman and Steven Boyle the spotter and back up; Mark Fellows using a bike and Steven Boyle in the car."

Fellows, of Sandy Lane West, Warrington, and Boyle, of Sandi Way, Heywood, deny the murders of Massey and Kinsella and the attempted murder of Miss Owen.

The trial continues.