A MAN was treated for smoke inhalation after house fires in Orford and Callands yesterday.

Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service dealt with two blazes in properties in the space of five hours on Wednesday afternoon.

Crews were first called to Leonard Street in Orford shortly after 3pm after receiving reports of smoke coming from an address.

The fire was caused by a cooker being left unattended, with one man treated for smoke inhalation and an ambulance called to the scene.

Two fire engines from Wigan were then sent to a blaze on Gresford Close in Callands at around 7.30pm.

The fire had been started in a dishwasher in the kitchen of the house, with crews remaining on scene for around 50 minutes.