FIRE crews were called to a gas leak at Ikea in the early hours of this morning.

Three fire engines were sent to the Gemini Retail Park store shortly after 4.30am today, Tuesday.

Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service had received reports of six carbon dioxide cylinders leaking on the premises.

Ikea was fully evacuated as a precaution, with the firefighters entering the store wearing breathing apparatus in order to make the premises safe.

The North West Ambulance Service also dispatched a rapid response vehicle to the scene, but no casualties were taken to hospital.