A GREAT-GRANDMOTHER who was stabbed three times in the stomach feared she wouldn’t survive after she was attacked with a knife inside her home.

Mum-of-five Lynn Taylor was confronted at her first-floor flat on Archer Street in Latchford on the morning of last Friday, January 5 after returning home from bingo with a friend.

The 58-year-old, who has lived in the flat for more than three years, said: “We came back home and she had a glass of wine with me and then she went home.

“I walked her to the door, let her out and then locked it. 

“I think I was sat down for around and an hour when I heard a knock on the door.”

After opening the front door, police allege that Lynn was attacked and knocked unconscious in the hallway of her home where she used to feel safe.

It is understood medication was stolen from the flat.

“I woke up and there was blood everywhere – it was scary. It looked like a horror film,” said former care assistant Lynn, who has nine grandchildren and one great-grandchild and another on the way. 

“I thought I had been punched three times but I had been stabbed. 

“I don’t know how long I was out for the count for.”

Miraculously Lynn was able pick herself up from the floor to find her phone to dial 999.

Emergency services descended on the house and a kitchen knife was seized at the scene.

“They told me to apply pressure to the wound with a pillow but within a few minutes all the blood had soaked through,” she said.

“I was in shock.

“I was in and out of consciousness on the way to the hospital.”

Lynn, who also suffered a broken nose and bruising to the back of her body, is now recovering at home with the help and support of her family.

Police confirmed two suspects were charged with aggravated burglary following the incident.

Stephen Johnstone, 45, of Honister Avenue, and Nicola Fargin, 38, of Gerrard Street, Widnes, appeared at Warrington Magistrates’ Court on Saturday.

Both suspects have been remanded in custody to appear at Chester Crown Court on February 5.