SMOKE was seen pulsating from a grid in Culcheth on Thursday night.

Firefighters were called to Avon Road at 10.25pm and set up a cordon as an underground fire was forcing the smoke out.

A large plume of smoke burst out of the grid causing electrics to blow according to Cheshire Fire Service.

The spread of smoke was stopped using water spray and a thermal imaging camera was then used to check the area.

Electricity North West attended and crews gained access to the grid to check the area before leaving.