No value for money on bus

No value for money on bus

No value for money on bus

First published in Letters
Last updated

I READ with disbelief that Network Warrington management thought their new, more expensive bus tickets represented value for money. I can buy, online, an all Greater Manchester system ticket for £59.40.

For that I get to travel the vast area of Greater Manchester wheras in Warrington for £84 I get to travel a much smaller area.

Even buying the System One Manchester ticket off-line only costs £71.50 which is cheaper and better value than the Network Warrington offer.

STEVE JARVIS Birchwood

Comments (24)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

2:06pm Fri 29 Aug 14

Daveycarre says...

I feel I have to comment of the post regarding the price of First Manchester tickets. Travel within Warrington is totally different to that in a major connurbation. Network Warrington provide services for the whole day unlike the major operators such as Arriva.If another company came in to run services it is highly likely that places like Dallam,Callands,Orfo
rd would have no service in the evening. There are no services 360,329,110 in the evening.Passengers travelling from Penketh to town were recently charged £5.00 each to town as Arriva do not issue return tickets. You could.buy an expensive ticket only to find that the service does nott run late evening.
Network Warrington provides a quality service with a return ticket facility.In addition in 2008 they won the prestigious Bus Operator of the Year Award in 2008 and have served the community for over a century.They must be doing something right.
David Carr
I feel I have to comment of the post regarding the price of First Manchester tickets. Travel within Warrington is totally different to that in a major connurbation. Network Warrington provide services for the whole day unlike the major operators such as Arriva.If another company came in to run services it is highly likely that places like Dallam,Callands,Orfo rd would have no service in the evening. There are no services 360,329,110 in the evening.Passengers travelling from Penketh to town were recently charged £5.00 each to town as Arriva do not issue return tickets. You could.buy an expensive ticket only to find that the service does nott run late evening. Network Warrington provides a quality service with a return ticket facility.In addition in 2008 they won the prestigious Bus Operator of the Year Award in 2008 and have served the community for over a century.They must be doing something right. David Carr Daveycarre
  • Score: -16

6:49pm Fri 29 Aug 14

moleogod says...

bloody hell dave you feel you need to comment of everything network warrington related. you and network warrington can not live in the past. it was SIX years ago. now our service in an expensive shambles. ran by a director who feels its ok to take a THREE week holiday the week before the price rise hoping by the time he gets back it will have all blown over. no real warning of fare increase on the buses saying new fairs coming soon as they used to. and no mention of the MASSIVE price rise at the last public meeting it was kept a secret till the last minute. its the second price rise in 7 months. all because its ran by inept bosses. past accomplishments have no standing for how its ran now
bloody hell dave you feel you need to comment of everything network warrington related. you and network warrington can not live in the past. it was SIX years ago. now our service in an expensive shambles. ran by a director who feels its ok to take a THREE week holiday the week before the price rise hoping by the time he gets back it will have all blown over. no real warning of fare increase on the buses saying new fairs coming soon as they used to. and no mention of the MASSIVE price rise at the last public meeting it was kept a secret till the last minute. its the second price rise in 7 months. all because its ran by inept bosses. past accomplishments have no standing for how its ran now moleogod
  • Score: 13

6:52pm Fri 29 Aug 14

moleogod says...

oh and justify an extra 65% per month for all students ages 11 - 19 per person
oh and justify an extra 65% per month for all students ages 11 - 19 per person moleogod
  • Score: 7

8:56am Sat 30 Aug 14

MikeJT says...

Given the major development planned for Bridge Foot as part of the Southern gateway, is the self-inflicted demise of Network Warrington a back door way of answering the question "where will the buses go when Causeway depot closes". Easy......they wont exist.
Given the major development planned for Bridge Foot as part of the Southern gateway, is the self-inflicted demise of Network Warrington a back door way of answering the question "where will the buses go when Causeway depot closes". Easy......they wont exist. MikeJT
  • Score: 5

10:38pm Sat 30 Aug 14

Daveycarre says...

If the writer had taken the time to attend the Customer PanelMeeting which was widely publicised he could have confronted the Interim MD Mr Graham face to face and voiced his concerns.
Fare in Warrington have been kept artificially low but in the face of Govt cuts to subsidies,protracted industrial action by drivers last year and a nationwide decline in the number of people using the bus.the only alternative was a fares rise. The opportunity was available for any member of the public to express their concerns via the method outlined.
If the writer had taken the time to attend the Customer PanelMeeting which was widely publicised he could have confronted the Interim MD Mr Graham face to face and voiced his concerns. Fare in Warrington have been kept artificially low but in the face of Govt cuts to subsidies,protracted industrial action by drivers last year and a nationwide decline in the number of people using the bus.the only alternative was a fares rise. The opportunity was available for any member of the public to express their concerns via the method outlined. Daveycarre
  • Score: -7

4:35pm Sun 31 Aug 14

moleogod says...

how could anyone raise concerns when it was not mentioned at any point of the meetings as it was intentionally kept secret
how could anyone raise concerns when it was not mentioned at any point of the meetings as it was intentionally kept secret moleogod
  • Score: 8

4:38pm Sun 31 Aug 14

moleogod says...

how could anyone raise concerns when it was not mentioned at any point of the meetings as it was intentionally kept secret. one angry voice kept on a forum no one reads would not make a difference. we want our voices to be heard and our actions seen. the method outlined is lacklustre at best
how could anyone raise concerns when it was not mentioned at any point of the meetings as it was intentionally kept secret. one angry voice kept on a forum no one reads would not make a difference. we want our voices to be heard and our actions seen. the method outlined is lacklustre at best moleogod
  • Score: 3

12:34pm Mon 1 Sep 14

Daveycarre says...

Meetings of the Customer Panel were held regularly and publicised widely. If the public are apathetic and cannot be bothered to attend then you can hardly blame Network Warrington.
David Carr
Meetings of the Customer Panel were held regularly and publicised widely. If the public are apathetic and cannot be bothered to attend then you can hardly blame Network Warrington. David Carr Daveycarre
  • Score: -1

3:50pm Mon 1 Sep 14

moleogod says...

but the rise in fares was not mentioned in the last meeting so if people went or not it would have mad no difference
but the rise in fares was not mentioned in the last meeting so if people went or not it would have mad no difference moleogod
  • Score: 6

10:37pm Tue 2 Sep 14

MikeJT says...

Daveycarre wrote:
Meetings of the Customer Panel were held regularly and publicised widely. If the public are apathetic and cannot be bothered to attend then you can hardly blame Network Warrington.
David Carr
Were they ? Where ? TBH I have NEVER seen these publicised anywhere.
[quote][p][bold]Daveycarre[/bold] wrote: Meetings of the Customer Panel were held regularly and publicised widely. If the public are apathetic and cannot be bothered to attend then you can hardly blame Network Warrington. David Carr[/p][/quote]Were they ? Where ? TBH I have NEVER seen these publicised anywhere. MikeJT
  • Score: 8

8:43am Wed 3 Sep 14

richiepooh says...

Daveycarre wrote:
If the writer had taken the time to attend the Customer PanelMeeting which was widely publicised he could have confronted the Interim MD Mr Graham face to face and voiced his concerns.
Fare in Warrington have been kept artificially low but in the face of Govt cuts to subsidies,protracted industrial action by drivers last year and a nationwide decline in the number of people using the bus.the only alternative was a fares rise. The opportunity was available for any member of the public to express their concerns via the method outlined.
1. Please list widely publicised.

2. Fare artificially low? Please advise how when the office of statistics and TAS report shows a typical 3 mile journey at £1.91 thus defining the "going rate" which makes network Warrington ABOVE the national average and therefore ARTIFICIALLY INFLATED. http://www.tas.uk.ne
t/content/index.php/
news/87-new-bus-fare
-survey-shows-rises-
below-inflation-desp
ite-fuel-cost-explos
ion

3. Nationionwide decline in number of people using the bus
HELLO!!! KNOCK KNOCK ANYONE IN THERE (some lights are on but nobody seems to be home?)
When you can get a TAXI to pick you up from your home at the time you want, without sitting in some urine stenched broken glassed bus stop for a poorly kept service with extortionate prices for LESS money what do you think might happen.

Heres a lesson in simple economics using simple figures

a bus makes a 1 mile journey and lets say the total cost of that journey is £10 including maintenence costs, driver wages,fuel costs.etc ...everything it needs its total expense is £10 per mile

it has a capacity of 50 people.

only 5 people use this service...because of the reasons above (taxi cheaper etc) you have to charge them £2 each just to break even

thats your mentality...

this is the way big succesfull businesses whipe out the market and become global successes and the richest and respected companies in the world

they sell their tickets at 50p, people latch on, wow buses are a bargain!!!, lets get the bus its cheaper.

the bus travels 1 mile, it costs £10 but now 45 people of its 50 people capacity get on

45x50p= £22.50 .....£12.50 profit per mile, bus is almost full more demand, lay on more services 2 buses within 5 minutes of each other both making £12.50 profit per mile...service increases, people happier, bus stops not left unattended too long, vandals and drunks don't get chance to abuse them.....SUCCESSFUL COMPANY.


jesus its like talking to 5 year olds.



Hence the reason for the cut in subsidies as BELIEVE IT OR NOT subsidies are not an revenue source as you would suggest but a "top up to funding where required" to balance needs against service costs. and since it was not required the government decided to spend MY TAXES elsewhere. This isnt free money that you give to us you self important nomark, this is my money given to the government to distribute on my behalf to the likes of YOU (assuming you have some affiliation with NW).
[quote][p][bold]Daveycarre[/bold] wrote: If the writer had taken the time to attend the Customer PanelMeeting which was widely publicised he could have confronted the Interim MD Mr Graham face to face and voiced his concerns. Fare in Warrington have been kept artificially low but in the face of Govt cuts to subsidies,protracted industrial action by drivers last year and a nationwide decline in the number of people using the bus.the only alternative was a fares rise. The opportunity was available for any member of the public to express their concerns via the method outlined.[/p][/quote]1. Please list widely publicised. 2. Fare artificially low? Please advise how when the office of statistics and TAS report shows a typical 3 mile journey at £1.91 thus defining the "going rate" which makes network Warrington ABOVE the national average and therefore ARTIFICIALLY INFLATED. http://www.tas.uk.ne t/content/index.php/ news/87-new-bus-fare -survey-shows-rises- below-inflation-desp ite-fuel-cost-explos ion 3. Nationionwide decline in number of people using the bus HELLO!!! KNOCK KNOCK ANYONE IN THERE (some lights are on but nobody seems to be home?) When you can get a TAXI to pick you up from your home at the time you want, without sitting in some urine stenched broken glassed bus stop for a poorly kept service with extortionate prices for LESS money what do you think might happen. Heres a lesson in simple economics using simple figures a bus makes a 1 mile journey and lets say the total cost of that journey is £10 including maintenence costs, driver wages,fuel costs.etc ...everything it needs its total expense is £10 per mile it has a capacity of 50 people. only 5 people use this service...because of the reasons above (taxi cheaper etc) you have to charge them £2 each just to break even thats your mentality... this is the way big succesfull businesses whipe out the market and become global successes and the richest and respected companies in the world they sell their tickets at 50p, people latch on, wow buses are a bargain!!!, lets get the bus its cheaper. the bus travels 1 mile, it costs £10 but now 45 people of its 50 people capacity get on 45x50p= £22.50 .....£12.50 profit per mile, bus is almost full more demand, lay on more services 2 buses within 5 minutes of each other both making £12.50 profit per mile...service increases, people happier, bus stops not left unattended too long, vandals and drunks don't get chance to abuse them.....SUCCESSFUL COMPANY. jesus its like talking to 5 year olds. Hence the reason for the cut in subsidies as BELIEVE IT OR NOT subsidies are not an revenue source as you would suggest but a "top up to funding where required" to balance needs against service costs. and since it was not required the government decided to spend MY TAXES elsewhere. This isnt free money that you give to us you self important nomark, this is my money given to the government to distribute on my behalf to the likes of YOU (assuming you have some affiliation with NW). richiepooh
  • Score: 8

10:08am Wed 3 Sep 14

Daveycarre says...

Firstly if you want a response to you comment please try to moderate your language.
Fact is Network Warrington services have been underpriced and at least you can use the Customer Panel Facility to voice your concerns. If you are so concerned why did you never attend.Fares have increased relatively little until now.
I presume you think another operator will create some sort of utopia.
I do not think so, you really think other companies will run commercial services to places like Orford,Dallam,Callan
ds etc. no they would have to be subsidised.Inevitabl
y routes would be drastically reduced.
Who would you complain to the Council wouldn't listen because it would
listen because it would be a privately run
Company such as Arriva . You couldn't dial a
Local number. You would be complaining to
distant person on a premium tel no. You could
not as at present ring and ask NW where your
bus was,and speak to a local person.
There have been many very favourable fares
and offers in the past. You must accept that the
Drivers industrial action has done much to
contribute to the present state of affairs.
Another Company is NOT the answer
Firstly if you want a response to you comment please try to moderate your language. Fact is Network Warrington services have been underpriced and at least you can use the Customer Panel Facility to voice your concerns. If you are so concerned why did you never attend.Fares have increased relatively little until now. I presume you think another operator will create some sort of utopia. I do not think so, you really think other companies will run commercial services to places like Orford,Dallam,Callan ds etc. no they would have to be subsidised.Inevitabl y routes would be drastically reduced. Who would you complain to the Council wouldn't listen because it would listen because it would be a privately run Company such as Arriva . You couldn't dial a Local number. You would be complaining to distant person on a premium tel no. You could not as at present ring and ask NW where your bus was,and speak to a local person. There have been many very favourable fares and offers in the past. You must accept that the Drivers industrial action has done much to contribute to the present state of affairs. Another Company is NOT the answer Daveycarre
  • Score: -7

10:59am Wed 3 Sep 14

grey_man says...

Another company is the only answer with the current management.

If your business is failing and leaking customers, you're not going to attract them back by increasing prices for the same service. You'd have to be mad, stupid, not interested in the long term future of the business or more interested in preserving your own income for a bit longer to think otherwise. So which is it?

The company is doomed under its current regime. It's now only a matter of time.
Another company is the only answer with the current management. If your business is failing and leaking customers, you're not going to attract them back by increasing prices for the same service. You'd have to be mad, stupid, not interested in the long term future of the business or more interested in preserving your own income for a bit longer to think otherwise. So which is it? The company is doomed under its current regime. It's now only a matter of time. grey_man
  • Score: 7

11:06am Wed 3 Sep 14

Daveycarre says...

Utter rubbish . You think another Company could provide the comprehensive service that NW does. It would not be locally based, old vehicles would be brought on from other areas.Drastic cuts in services would take place.
The most important question who would you complain to if Stagecoach or Arriva decided to put their fares up to levels you never dreamt of.
At least at the moment you can complain locally .
We have. a high quality.bus service in Warrington staffed largely by local people. Do you want this to end with driver redundancies and service cuts you never dreamt of. That is the alternative.
Utter rubbish . You think another Company could provide the comprehensive service that NW does. It would not be locally based, old vehicles would be brought on from other areas.Drastic cuts in services would take place. The most important question who would you complain to if Stagecoach or Arriva decided to put their fares up to levels you never dreamt of. At least at the moment you can complain locally . We have. a high quality.bus service in Warrington staffed largely by local people. Do you want this to end with driver redundancies and service cuts you never dreamt of. That is the alternative. Daveycarre
  • Score: -9

11:30am Wed 3 Sep 14

grey_man says...

I'm sure it won't provide the same service. But then given that Network Warrington is doomed under its current management, that is not the point. Either the company needs to replace the current management team including the spineless weasel at its head who went on holiday to avoid the fallout from the ludicrous price rises, or it's had it. It's a goner.

You can also try answering the question - how many customers will be attracted back to a business that is losing them rapidly by reducing the services and putting prices up way above the rate of inflation and obliging people to buy services they don't want or need?
I'm sure it won't provide the same service. But then given that Network Warrington is doomed under its current management, that is not the point. Either the company needs to replace the current management team including the spineless weasel at its head who went on holiday to avoid the fallout from the ludicrous price rises, or it's had it. It's a goner. You can also try answering the question - how many customers will be attracted back to a business that is losing them rapidly by reducing the services and putting prices up way above the rate of inflation and obliging people to buy services they don't want or need? grey_man
  • Score: -1

1:59pm Wed 3 Sep 14

Daveycarre says...

Firstly I have full confidence in the present ManagemenTeam led by the interim MD Damian Graham and have the ability to make the company profitable again.
The former MD Anne Marie Slavin did an excellent job guiding the Company through very tough times,compounded by an extremely damaging drivers strike resulting in a loss of revenue and consequent service cuts that were more severe than anyone anticipated.
Do you really want a bus company that is not based in Warrington and all the repercussions that would bring.
If a new company came in there would be service cuts and redundancies.
Do you really want that. At present NW run a comprehensive network of services throughout the day.
Question if a new company took over eg Arriva or Stagecoach Who would you complain to? There would be no local complaints forum.
All the NW buses would be sold off and be replaced by older inferior vehicles from other areas.
The cuts to routes would be substantial. Arriva have already reduced their 360 service from three an hour to two. No warning on this.
No one to complain to all they care about is profit and all decisions regarding routes are profit motivated.
David Carr
Firstly I have full confidence in the present ManagemenTeam led by the interim MD Damian Graham and have the ability to make the company profitable again. The former MD Anne Marie Slavin did an excellent job guiding the Company through very tough times,compounded by an extremely damaging drivers strike resulting in a loss of revenue and consequent service cuts that were more severe than anyone anticipated. Do you really want a bus company that is not based in Warrington and all the repercussions that would bring. If a new company came in there would be service cuts and redundancies. Do you really want that. At present NW run a comprehensive network of services throughout the day. Question if a new company took over eg Arriva or Stagecoach Who would you complain to? There would be no local complaints forum. All the NW buses would be sold off and be replaced by older inferior vehicles from other areas. The cuts to routes would be substantial. Arriva have already reduced their 360 service from three an hour to two. No warning on this. No one to complain to all they care about is profit and all decisions regarding routes are profit motivated. David Carr Daveycarre
  • Score: -9

2:08pm Wed 3 Sep 14

grey_man says...

Are you even listening?

The company is domed under its current regime. You cannot respond to hemorrhaging customers with price rises and worse services. It doesn't matter what anybody prefers and what forums exist for complaints. They're screwed if they stay on this path.

People are complaining daily by deserting the buses. That is the only complaint they should be worrying about and attempting to extract more and more money from a dwindling customer base will only accelerate the firm's demise.
Are you even listening? The company is domed under its current regime. You cannot respond to hemorrhaging customers with price rises and worse services. It doesn't matter what anybody prefers and what forums exist for complaints. They're screwed if they stay on this path. People are complaining daily by deserting the buses. That is the only complaint they should be worrying about and attempting to extract more and more money from a dwindling customer base will only accelerate the firm's demise. grey_man
  • Score: 1

2:37pm Wed 3 Sep 14

Daveycarre says...

Passengers appear to be continuing to make NW there preferred choice of transport. NW is a quality company and passengers will pay for quality and flexibility
David Carr
Passengers appear to be continuing to make NW there preferred choice of transport. NW is a quality company and passengers will pay for quality and flexibility David Carr Daveycarre
  • Score: -4

3:56pm Wed 3 Sep 14

moleogod says...

Daveycarre wrote:
Passengers appear to be continuing to make NW there preferred choice of transport. NW is a quality company and passengers will pay for quality and flexibility
David Carr
not really a point to make as its the only large scale service in the area. people are kind of railroaded into using it to get to work/school is a captive audience
[quote][p][bold]Daveycarre[/bold] wrote: Passengers appear to be continuing to make NW there preferred choice of transport. NW is a quality company and passengers will pay for quality and flexibility David Carr[/p][/quote]not really a point to make as its the only large scale service in the area. people are kind of railroaded into using it to get to work/school is a captive audience moleogod
  • Score: 7

4:41pm Wed 3 Sep 14

grey_man says...

Daveycarre wrote:
Passengers appear to be continuing to make NW there preferred choice of transport. NW is a quality company and passengers will pay for quality and flexibility
David Carr
Unfortunately the facts don't back you up. The leader of the council last year admitted that passenger numbers 'had fallen off a cliff'.

It's only just over a years since the firm was bailed out by the council with a sum of money so large the council has concealed the figure. Quality companies don't rely on money from organisations that can't afford to maintain services for the town's old and vulnerable residents.

Perhaps that is why the management team have so complacent an attitude towards the running of the business. They just assume the council will keep bailing them out however much they run it into the ground.
[quote][p][bold]Daveycarre[/bold] wrote: Passengers appear to be continuing to make NW there preferred choice of transport. NW is a quality company and passengers will pay for quality and flexibility David Carr[/p][/quote]Unfortunately the facts don't back you up. The leader of the council last year admitted that passenger numbers 'had fallen off a cliff'. It's only just over a years since the firm was bailed out by the council with a sum of money so large the council has concealed the figure. Quality companies don't rely on money from organisations that can't afford to maintain services for the town's old and vulnerable residents. Perhaps that is why the management team have so complacent an attitude towards the running of the business. They just assume the council will keep bailing them out however much they run it into the ground. grey_man
  • Score: 3

9:22pm Wed 3 Sep 14

Daveycarre says...

Bus travel has declined in all parts of the U K.. So you want another company that will not provide services to outlying areas of Warrington,because that is exactly what a company like Arriva would do.
There are hardly any services run by other companies than NW after 1930.
So you support redundancies, cuts in services,few evening services,
I ask this question again if you are not satisfied with the new companies fares, service cuts Who would you complain to?
You would have no influence whatsoever. Presumably you would like a
Company not based in Warrington,because that is what you will get.
I presume you are a car owner
Bus travel has declined in all parts of the U K.. So you want another company that will not provide services to outlying areas of Warrington,because that is exactly what a company like Arriva would do. There are hardly any services run by other companies than NW after 1930. So you support redundancies, cuts in services,few evening services, I ask this question again if you are not satisfied with the new companies fares, service cuts Who would you complain to? You would have no influence whatsoever. Presumably you would like a Company not based in Warrington,because that is what you will get. I presume you are a car owner Daveycarre
  • Score: -5

10:39pm Wed 3 Sep 14

stewlycoscom says...

Daveycarre wrote:
Bus travel has declined in all parts of the U K.. So you want another company that will not provide services to outlying areas of Warrington,because that is exactly what a company like Arriva would do.
There are hardly any services run by other companies than NW after 1930.
So you support redundancies, cuts in services,few evening services,
I ask this question again if you are not satisfied with the new companies fares, service cuts Who would you complain to?
You would have no influence whatsoever. Presumably you would like a
Company not based in Warrington,because that is what you will get.
I presume you are a car owner
Round and Round we go never actually getting a new answer from david just the same old story re-fed into the comments. Give it a rest the company has been given 6 months to turn around their financial problems, if they can then they stay if they can't then the council have no choice but to sell them.
[quote][p][bold]Daveycarre[/bold] wrote: Bus travel has declined in all parts of the U K.. So you want another company that will not provide services to outlying areas of Warrington,because that is exactly what a company like Arriva would do. There are hardly any services run by other companies than NW after 1930. So you support redundancies, cuts in services,few evening services, I ask this question again if you are not satisfied with the new companies fares, service cuts Who would you complain to? You would have no influence whatsoever. Presumably you would like a Company not based in Warrington,because that is what you will get. I presume you are a car owner[/p][/quote]Round and Round we go never actually getting a new answer from david just the same old story re-fed into the comments. Give it a rest the company has been given 6 months to turn around their financial problems, if they can then they stay if they can't then the council have no choice but to sell them. stewlycoscom
  • Score: 7

7:24am Thu 4 Sep 14

grey_man says...

Daveycarre wrote:
Bus travel has declined in all parts of the U K.. So you want another company that will not provide services to outlying areas of Warrington,because that is exactly what a company like Arriva would do.
There are hardly any services run by other companies than NW after 1930.
So you support redundancies, cuts in services,few evening services,
I ask this question again if you are not satisfied with the new companies fares, service cuts Who would you complain to?
You would have no influence whatsoever. Presumably you would like a
Company not based in Warrington,because that is what you will get.
I presume you are a car owner
David

No, I don't think those things but if it makes you feel as if you're getting somewhere with this by creating straw man arguments then you enjoy yourself.

Picture Damian Graham on Dragon's Den.

'I run a company that makes losses every year and was bailed out last year by the local authority for a sum so embarrassingly large we won't even tell people what it is. We've been losing customers hand over fist because we keep putting the prices up and making the service worse so this year I've decided to get more people on the buses we're going to put prices up massively and cut services even more. It's never worked before, but what the hell, we'll give it one more go.'

Peter Jones: 'So what was the response from customers?'

Graham: 'I don't know. I went on holiday so I didn't have to deal with it.'

All: 'We're out.'

The company is doomed. Maybe the price rises are a way of generating a bit of income before things go pop. Maybe they think the council will keep bailing them out. It will be sad to see it replaced but it's so badly mismanaged its end seems inevitable.
[quote][p][bold]Daveycarre[/bold] wrote: Bus travel has declined in all parts of the U K.. So you want another company that will not provide services to outlying areas of Warrington,because that is exactly what a company like Arriva would do. There are hardly any services run by other companies than NW after 1930. So you support redundancies, cuts in services,few evening services, I ask this question again if you are not satisfied with the new companies fares, service cuts Who would you complain to? You would have no influence whatsoever. Presumably you would like a Company not based in Warrington,because that is what you will get. I presume you are a car owner[/p][/quote]David No, I don't think those things but if it makes you feel as if you're getting somewhere with this by creating straw man arguments then you enjoy yourself. Picture Damian Graham on Dragon's Den. 'I run a company that makes losses every year and was bailed out last year by the local authority for a sum so embarrassingly large we won't even tell people what it is. We've been losing customers hand over fist because we keep putting the prices up and making the service worse so this year I've decided to get more people on the buses we're going to put prices up massively and cut services even more. It's never worked before, but what the hell, we'll give it one more go.' Peter Jones: 'So what was the response from customers?' Graham: 'I don't know. I went on holiday so I didn't have to deal with it.' All: 'We're out.' The company is doomed. Maybe the price rises are a way of generating a bit of income before things go pop. Maybe they think the council will keep bailing them out. It will be sad to see it replaced but it's so badly mismanaged its end seems inevitable. grey_man
  • Score: 4

10:50pm Thu 4 Sep 14

richiepooh says...

Daveycarre... you know when you get a great number of thumbs down on every single one of your posts and all your (multiple) opponent gets thumbs up.
and there's two sides of an argument and NO ONE is on your side.

does that give you any inkling of the colour of the sky in the real world?

since you didn't answer my assumption as to whether you are involved in the management of NW and I continue to assumed you are.

well I think that speaks volumes for the business acumen of the management of NW, you see everyone else in the world opposes your ideas and heres a bit of a shocker for you...were your customers and ultimately we decide your future.

you live in a realm of fantasy, unrealistic business models and lunacy at the helm with the likes of you steering the ship

incompetence is an understatement...goo
dbye, you and your team are on their way out it is a very short matter of time, I assure you (and I'm speaking from first hand knowledge) this will be all done and dusted by february 2015, please don't apply for any official capacity role, you and your team cannot be trusted to manage the assurance of the sun rising in the morning.

P45 on its way.
Daveycarre... you know when you get a great number of thumbs down on every single one of your posts and all your (multiple) opponent gets thumbs up. and there's two sides of an argument and NO ONE is on your side. does that give you any inkling of the colour of the sky in the real world? since you didn't answer my assumption as to whether you are involved in the management of NW and I continue to assumed you are. well I think that speaks volumes for the business acumen of the management of NW, you see everyone else in the world opposes your ideas and heres a bit of a shocker for you...were your customers and ultimately we decide your future. you live in a realm of fantasy, unrealistic business models and lunacy at the helm with the likes of you steering the ship incompetence is an understatement...goo dbye, you and your team are on their way out it is a very short matter of time, I assure you (and I'm speaking from first hand knowledge) this will be all done and dusted by february 2015, please don't apply for any official capacity role, you and your team cannot be trusted to manage the assurance of the sun rising in the morning. P45 on its way. richiepooh
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree