Text us your news! Start your message Warrington News and send any photos or videos to 80360
Warrington Wolves' journey to the semi finals
WARRINGTON Wolves’ journey to the semi finals features wins against Keighley Cougars, Bradford Bulls and Catalan Dragons.
Here we look back at the stats and facts behind the wins so far.
Round Four, April 15, 2012
Cougars: Craig Moss; Richie Barnett (1t), James Haythornthwaite, Danny Lawton, Semi Tadulala; Danny Jones (3g), Sam Obst (2t); Andy Shickell, James Feather, Michael Korkidas, Ollie Pursglove, Richard Jones, Paul March. Subs: James Davey, Jamie Shepherd, Jode Sheriffe, Neil Cherryholme.
Wolves: Jordan Burke; Rhys Williams (1t), Joel Monaghan (1t), Matty Blythe, Chris Riley (1t); Lee Briers (6g), Gareth O'Brien; Chris Hill (1t), Micky Higham, Paul Wood (1t), Ben Westwood (1t), Trent Waterhouse, Tyrone McCarthy. Subs: Brad Dwyer (1t), Mike Cooper, Ben Currie, Ben Harrison (1t).
Attendance: 2,196 Top man: Tyrone McCarthy.
• Former Rylands Sharks full back Jordan Burke makes his first-team debut.
• Lee Briers joins the top 10 Wolves players of all time for the number of starting appearances, with his 376 overtaking George Dickenson’s total accrued between 1900 and 1914.
• Three tries in four matches for teenage hooker Brad Dwyer.
• Only the second start of his senior Warrington career for Tyrone McCarthy.
• Lowest attendance for a match involving Wolves since the 2,054 turnout for the Super League game away to London Broncos on August 25, 2000.
Round Five, April 28, 2012
Wolves: Brett Hodgson (1t, 4g); Chris Riley(1t), Chris Bridge, Ryan Atkins (1t), Joel Monaghan (3t); Lee Briers, Gareth O’Brien; Chris Hill, Micky Higham, Paul Wood, Trent Waterhouse, Ben Westwood, Tyrone McCarthy. Subs: Ben Harrison, Simon Grix, Garreth Carvell, Mike Cooper Bulls: Karl Pryce; Adrian Purtell (1t), Elliot Whitehead, Keith Lulia (1t), Shaun Ainscough; Ben Jeffries, Luke Gale; Bryn Hargreaves, Matt Diskin, Craig Kopczak, Olivier Elima (1t), John Bateman, Jamie Langley. Subs: Heath L’Estrange, Danny Addy, Manase Manuokafoa, Tom Burgess.
Attendance: 5,505 Top man: Brett Hodgson.
• Attendance of 5,505 the lowest for a Wolves game at The Halliwell Jones Stadium since the 2006 Challenge Cup fourth round match against London Skolars, which attracted a crowd of 3,012.
• Joel Monaghan’s second three-try haul for Wolves.
• Micky Higham reaches a career milestone of 350 appearances.
• Chris Riley stretches his try scoring run in consecutive games to five.
Quarter final, May 13, 2012
Dragons: Clint Greenshields; Thomas Bosc, Vincent Duport (1t), Daryl Millard, Damien Cardace; Leon Pryce, Scott Dureau (3g); Lopini Paea (1t), Ian Henderson, Remi Casty, Steve Menzies, Louis Anderson, Jason Baitieri. Subs: Sebastian Raguin, Michael Simon (1t), Jamal Fakir, Ben Fisher (1t).
Wolves: Brett Hodgson (1t, 6g); Joel Monaghan (1t), Chris Bridge (1t), Ryan Atkins, Chris Riley (1t); Lee Briers, Gareth O’Brien; Garreth Carvell, Micky Higham, Chris Hill, Ben Westwood, Trent Waterhouse, Ben Harrison. Subs: Simon Grix, Paul Wood (1t), Mike Cooper, Tyrone McCarthy.
Attendance: 7,476 Top man: Paul Wood.
• Only the second time Wolves have won at Stade Gilbert Brutus and they are yet to lose against Catalan Dragons in the Challenge Cup.
• First team to win away to Catalan Dragons since Hull KR’s visit on September 3, 2011.
• Both of Paul Wood’s tries this season have been scored in the Challenge Cup.