WARRINGTON Wolves are in the hat for the Tetley’s Challenge Cup quarter finals draw tomorrow night after showing their Super League strength against Doncaster.

But only a miserly 3,002 supporters cheered them on their way.

Five tries put the game beyond the Kingstone Press Championship third-placed club by half time.

And Wolves added another seven more after the break, while Doncaster came close to scoring only once in the entire 80 minutes.

At the heart of Warrington’s best attacking play as well as being clinical when finishing off the chances that came his way was man of the match Chris Bridge.

He crossed for four tries and added 10 conversions for a personal haul of 36 points.

His selection at stand off was one of 11 positional changes to the side which collapsed at Castleford Tigers last week, also including Anthony England’s first start for the club.

Penny, who also bagged a hat-trick and the try of the game, opened the scoring nine minutes into his first appearance at The Halliwell Jones Stadium since 2009.

He was one of three support players to Rhys Evans after the Welsh winger broke free from a kick return and fed his opposite flank man to go over from 30 metres.

Bridge added the conversion for 6-0.

Rhys’ twin Ben proved to be the perfect foil for Ben Currie to break free for try number two.

Matty Russell almost pinched the ball out of Rhys Atkins’ hands to take the scoring pass from Currie and record his first home try for the club. Bridge’s extras from wide out made it 12-0 after 14 minutes.

There was no stopping Atkins getting over the whitewash three minutes later though, the centre spinning out of a tackle 20 metres inside his own half and then leading another half a dozen Doncaster defenders a merry dance before crossing near the posts. Again Bridge was on target.

Alex Starling appeared to be robbed of a try for Doncaster when he was controversially adjudged to have knocked on over the line in Ben Currie’s tackle after a wild pass from Penny had put Wolves in trouble.

Salt was rubbed in three minutes later when Bridge angled a route to the line from 20 metres out and converted to make it 24-0 after 35 minutes.

Bridge crossed again shortly before half time after getting on the end of a break from hooker Brad Dwyer, who had replaced Micky Higham after 30 minutes. Bridge goaled again for 30-0.

Dwyer ploughed over from short range after Penny had been held up short from a Bridge inside and Bridge booted the extras for a fast start to the second half.

Bridge was at the heart of things again as he put Joel Monaghan away for his eighth try of the season in the 54th minute. He missed his first conversion, although it was from the touchline, as Wolves moved 40-0 ahead but then wriggled free from two attempted tackles to complete his hat-trick in the 58th minute and add the goal.

And then Bridge popped up at right centre to take a pass from Joel Monaghan and feed Penny into the corner for his second try. Again Bridge was wide from the touchline but Wolves had clocked up the 50 points mark.

Penny then completed his hat-trick with the try of the game.

After a rare six tackles on Warrington’s line, Doncaster were too slow to spot the danger from a 20m restart.

Currie put Penny away and he showed his lightning pace and strength to hold off Dave Scott’s challenge as he completed an 80 metre move. Bridge’s goal moved Wolves on to 56-0 after 67 minutes.

Bridge bagged his fourth try when polishing off a break from Chris Hill in the 73rd minute and his goal took Wolves to 62 points.

Rhys Evans’ try in the 79th minute completed the try scoring, and Bridge’s 10th conversion rounded it all off.

Wolves: Matty Russell; Kevin Penny, Joel Monaghan, Ryan Atkins, Rhys Evans,; Chris Bridge, Gareth O’Brien; Chris Hill, Micky Higham, Anthony England, Ben Currie, James Laithwaite, Ben Evans. Roy Asotasi, Trent Waterhouse, Glenn Riley, Brad Dwyer.

Doncaster: Lee Waterman; Nev Morrison, Shaun Leaf, Liam Welham, Dave Scott; Rich Wilkinson, Matty Wildie; Russ Spiers, Kyle Kesik, Chris Green, Alex Starling, Liam Kent, Craig Robinson. Subs: Grant Edwards, Scott Spaven, Matt Carbutt, Ryan Wilson.

Referee: Matt Thomason