LOOKING at the remaining fixtures for the top teams, it does appear the last three rounds of Super League might have been carefully orchestrated to produce a ‘play-offs before the play-offs' feeling.

Wolves' clash at home to Huddersfield certainly had some characteristics of a play-offs match - two top teams battling it out under floodlights, both having sustained periods when the momentum was in their favour, a thrilling comeback and a dramatic finish.

Wire were first to open the scoring, but not until after the 20-minute mark when Gareth O'Brien wriggled free from Eorl Crabtree's grasp to score from close to the line, but it was Huddersfield who asserted some dominance first.

The last 15 minutes of the half completely belonged to the visitors and three converted tries were added to by a drop goal on the stroke of half time to give the Giants a 19-6 half-time lead.

It looked like Wire needed to be the first team to score in the second half, but Huddersfield scored a length-of-the-field try after a Wire attack stalled, ending with Richie Myler producing a grubber kick towards the posts that it seemed no teammate was expecting.

There are lots of little moments in games that can sometimes make a big difference, and Rhys Evans' chase back as Jodie Broughton raced away to score may have seemed futile but it was enough to keep the winger more than 10 metres away from the posts. When Danny Brough unexpectedly missed the conversion Wire were still within three converted tries.

Another little moment that helped change the momentum was when O'Brien did exceptionally well to escape from his own in-goal area after gathering a Huddersfield kick.

From there, with the help of a couple of penalties, it was Wire's turn to assert their dominance.

Ryan Atkins scored from chasing a grubber kick, then Ben Harrison barged his way over for two tries and all three were converted by O'Brien to give Wire a one-point lead.

The thrilling comeback generated a fantastic atmosphere.

It was a lead they held onto until the last minute. Leroy Cudjoe looked offside, as many of the Huddersfield players had all night, when he produced an interception.

From there they drove down the middle and Brough took the opportunity to land a second drop goal to earn a draw.

Wire can still finish anywhere from second to sixth. Hopefully the tough finish will have them ready for the play-offs.