WARRINGTON Wolves look set to extend their winning run to seven games after coming from six points down to lead at half time against Salford Red Devils.

Junior Sa’u opened the scoring inside two minutes, but Gene Ormsby, Ryan Atkins, Chris Bridge and Joel Monaghan gave Wolves a first-half lead.

Within a minute Ben Evans spilled a simple pass after Micky Higham had picked up from dummy half and handed Salford the incentive to attack their line.

The visitors, with ball in hands for the first time in the game, punished Wolves’ early error as the ball passed through Logan Tomkins, Tommy Lee and Rangi Chase before putting Sa’u over in the left corner. Chase converted.

Salford were forced to drop out from their in-goal area when a long Wolves kick hit the touch judge.

Stefan Ratchford caught the drop out, fed Chris Hill on the charge and from the set Wolves were able to work the ball right to Ormsby in the corner for his ninth try of the season six minutes in. Bridge converted from a tight angle.

Despite Wolves levelling the scores, it was Salford looking the brighter of the two sides early on and on 12 minutes they almost furthered their lead when Andrew Dixon beat Rhys Evans to Chase’s chip on the sixth tackle.

But having regained possession close to Wolves’ line, the Red Devils’ move came to an end when Tommy Lee fumbled a pass.

However, with 18 minutes played it would be Tony Smith’s side who took the lead for the first time.

Hill reacted quickest to scoop up the loose ball after the Red Devils spilled in a tackle and the powerful forward fed Atkins a neat offload for the centre to go the distance, leaving Bridge a simple goal in front of the sticks.

Wolves’ increased their lead four minutes later after the Red Devils were penalised for offside and Bridge kicked for touch.

Matty Russell was able to go close from the set and after Hill had drawn in several Salford defenders the ball was whipped wide via Higham and Ratchford for Bridge to find a way over in the right hand corner. The half back was unable to add to his tally with the boot.

Hill was again at the heart of Wolves’ attack with quarter of an hour remaining in the first half, but having put them in a similar position to the previous try Ratchford’s pass trickled out of play behind Rhys Evans.

Moments later and Iestyn Harris’ side felt they should have been back in it, a superb break from Francis Meli took him deep into Wolves’ half and he fed Sa’u, who was unable to reach out and ground from close range.

On 32 minutes Wolves crossed again, but as Ben Currie and Atkins exchanged passes the young forward could not gather and knocked on before Ratchford collected to dart over.

Rhys Evans, Russell and Higham were all held up as Wolves continued to apply the pressure and Salford’s only let off came after Jason Walton wildly hacked a Bridge grubber out beyond his own deadball line.

The hosts were able to keep the Red Devils pinned on their own line and after Russell again twisted and turned close to the try line it was Joel Monaghan who crossed for 19th of the campaign. Bridge converted.