Text us your news! Start your message Warrington News and send any photos or videos to 80360
THE borough council this week launched its Warrington property review in the French resort of Cannes.
It set out its stall at MIPIM, an annual market for the international property trade. It takes place annually in Cannes, France, in March.
In 2004, MIPIM attracted 15,157 participants from 67 countries.
A borough council spokesman said: "The review focused on growth in the commercial, industrial and retail property sectors, all of which enjoyed growth and activity."
The council said success stories included: * MEPC's Birchwood Park, which pushed headline rentals to a new high of £188/sqm.
* Lingley Mere Business Park which has already secured the first pre-lets, including the prestigious North West Fire Control Centre.
advertisement * Birchwood Park, which will continue its successful rolling programme of development and refurbishment.
* Omega, due to start on site in 2007. The 226-hectare development, one of the largest in the country, is expected to create 650,000 sqm of business space and 24,000 jobs.
* The extension of the Birch- wood Shopping Centre following the £50 million sale to MODUS Properties.
* Warrington town centre's multi million pound Golden Square shopping centre's expansion.
* Two mixed use development schemes will also be determined this year - The Wire Works and Time Square.
* Arpley Meadows - one of the largest areas of undeveloped land close to Warrington town centre.
Warrington Borough Council is drawing up an action plan for the area which it hopes will lead to exciting proposals for this part of the borough.