FORMER Everton and Manchester City goalkeeper Carlo Nash has appeared in court accused of stalking his estranged wife, with incidents reported at her Stockton Heath home.
Mr Nash, of Leftbank, Manchester, pleaded not guilty to one count of a course of conduct that amounted to stalking, wife Jill Nash.
Halton Magistrates Court heard today, Thursday, how Mr Nash is accused of accessing her email and social network accounts, attempting to attach a tracking device to her car, and accessing her iMac computer.
The 40-year-old, who has also played for Wigan, Stoke City and Preston North End, is also alleged to have entered her home on Grappenhall Road, Stockton Heath, where the couple previously lived together, to read her mail.
Richard Sealy, prosecuting, said the incidents are said to have happened between February 2013 and August, this year.
Mr Nash, wearing a grey suit, white shirt and black tie in court, denies all of the allegations.
Gwyn Lewis, defending, asked for the trial to take place in the magistrates court.
District Judge Bridget Knight said the case was not suitable, as a guilty verdict could carry a maximum sentence of five years in prison, and sent it to the crown court.
Former Manchester United academy player Mr Nash will next appear at Chester Crown Court on September 15 for a preliminary hearing.