Town centre basement blaze caused by cigarette

Town centre basement blaze caused by cigarette

Town centre basement blaze caused by cigarette

First published in News

TWO men were treated for smoke inhalation after a blaze in a basement caused by a cigarette stub. 

Fire crews were called to the house on Hanover Street in the town centre at 1.05am and used breathing apparatus to douse the flames.

A Cheshire Fire spokesman said: "Two men were handed into the care of paramedics due to smoke inhalation.

"A fire investigation concluded the fire was caused by a discarded cigarette."

Comments

Post a comment

Remember you are personally responsible for what you post on this site and must abide by our site terms. Do not post anything that is false, abusive or malicious. If you wish to complain, please use the ‘report this post’ link.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree