You would be forgiven for questioning if it really is the first day in August. After all, the rain seems to have settled over Warrington and doesn't appear to be making a swift exit any time soon.
But to cheer you up on this gloomy Friday, we have collected our top stories from our website and social media sites to help you keep up-to-date on what is happening in the town.
Enjoy and we will we back on Monday for more wrap-tastic fun.
1. The day started with the news that two best friends are now behind bars after threatening a man on Facebook over a cannabis debt. Click here for more.
2. This story has shocked and sickened many of our readers. A man who kicked a 'good Samaritan' in the head while he lay on the floor after he attempted to intervene in an argument in Warrington town centre has been jailed for four years. More here.
3. Love her or hate her - many were saddened to hear the news that tabloid favourite Kerry Katona's hubby to be was detained under the Mental Health Act yesterday. Click here for more.
4. Some readers feel that more needs to be done to tackle drugs as major festivals such as Creamfields. Join the debate here.
5. This story has divided opinion. Do you think the former Mr Smiths' building should be knocked down? Click here.
6. This story has shot up our most read list. Colin Parry, whose son was killed by an IRA bomb in Warrington, has spoken of the positive relationship he has developed with Sinn Fein's Martin McGuinness - a former commander of the republican organisation. Click here.
7. Spirits are still high despite lengthy delays for Wolves fans travelling to Spain to watch the game. More here.