The wrap: Eight of the best in Warrington in our round-up of news from July 18 (From Warrington Guardian)
Text us your news! Start your message Warrington News and send any photos or videos to 80360
The wrap: Eight of the best in Warrington in our round-up of news from July 18
5:30pm Friday 18th July 2014 in News
Evening wrap fans, it’s Friday. So for all you social butterflies who are worried about conversation running a little dry over the weekend then fear not.
We have all the most-talked-about topics from our Facebook, Twitter and website for you to binge on before you head out on the town.
Don’t devour it too quickly and we will be back on Monday for more wrap-tastic fun.
1. This has been a popular story online today. Read the full story of a Birchwood man, who was caught in a chatroom sting by self-styled paedophile hunters. Click here.
2. This story has divided opinion on our Facebook site after it was posted this morning. A mum from Padgate has spoken out about her disgust after she received a letter to say her healthy son was overweight. What are your views? Click here.
3. Some people have been shocked by the news that prison officer numbers at HMP Thorn Cross and HMP Risley have dropped significantly. Click here for more.
4. Are you heading to Warrington Music Festival this weekend? Get the full listings by clicking here.
5. A bit of light reading. Read some of our readers’ favourite memories of Mr Smith’s and feel free to add your own. Click here.
6. The Warrington Guardian can also reveal that police arrested 21 suspected internet paedophiles in Warrington as part of a national operation with 45 forces. More here.
7. This man is clearly going to be missed. Head teacher Jon Sharples had bid farewell to Sir Thomas Boteler CE High School today. More here.
8. Can you help Cheshire Police with their investigation? Police are appealing for witnesses after a 25-year-old man suffered a broken jaw in an unprovoked attack on Padgate Lane. Click here.