CHESHIRE Police says there is no cause for concern after officers were called to reports of 'gunshots' in Birchwood on Monday night.
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police were called to Partridge Close at around 10.50pm following reports of 'a disturbance', and that a gun was heard being fired.
Insp Adkins said no weapon was found, and no one was injured.
The incident involved a man and woman who were known to each other.
"There is no suggestion a firearm was involved, and there are no concerns for the safety of residents," said the inspector.
- Former Grappenhall scout leader jailed after subjecting teenage victim to years of abuse
- Town centre car park demolition to begin – site to close next week
- Four arrested following series of police raids in Howley and Great Sankey
- UPDATED 12.15pm: Missing man from Latchford found
- Drug dealer jailed after concealing 170 bags of cocaine and heroin in his body
He added the neighbourhood unit is investigating how the report came to be made.