CHESHIRE Police says there is no cause for concern after officers were called to reports of 'gunshots' in Birchwood on Monday night.
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police were called to Partridge Close at around 10.50pm following reports of 'a disturbance', and that a gun was heard being fired.
Insp Adkins said no weapon was found, and no one was injured.
The incident involved a man and woman who were known to each other.
"There is no suggestion a firearm was involved, and there are no concerns for the safety of residents," said the inspector.
- Masked gang attack victim during burglary in Padgate
- Armed men threaten victim with knife during raid at Orford home
- Man charged with tax duty evasion of 49,400 cigarettes appears in court
- Girl Next Door's X Factor fate sealed but group to continue fighting for their dream
- Council supports campaign to help more than 345 children in the town find foster homes
He added the neighbourhood unit is investigating how the report came to be made.