Text us your news! Start your message Warrington News and send any photos or videos to 80360
Police move to quell Birchwood 'shooting' rumours
Updated 3:27pm Tuesday 8th July 2014 in News
CHESHIRE Police says there is no cause for concern after officers were called to reports of 'gunshots' in Birchwood on Monday night.
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police were called to Partridge Close at around 10.50pm following reports of 'a disturbance', and that a gun was heard being fired.
Insp Adkins said no weapon was found, and no one was injured.
The incident involved a man and woman who were known to each other.
"There is no suggestion a firearm was involved, and there are no concerns for the safety of residents," said the inspector.
- Priestley fund helping dreams come true
- Blooming brilliant win for LiveWire
- Road rage murder trial, day six: Lorry driver was unaware he hit anyone until other motorist shouted at him
- No charges after collision between teenager and bus
- The wrap: Five of the top headlines in Warrington from July 28
He added the neighbourhood unit is investigating how the report came to be made.