CHESHIRE Police says there is no cause for concern after officers were called to reports of 'gunshots' in Birchwood on Monday night.
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police were called to Partridge Close at around 10.50pm following reports of 'a disturbance', and that a gun was heard being fired.
Insp Adkins said no weapon was found, and no one was injured.
The incident involved a man and woman who were known to each other.
"There is no suggestion a firearm was involved, and there are no concerns for the safety of residents," said the inspector.
- Students celebrate end of year show case
- Video: Teacher wins top award after 13 years of teaching
- Mum of teenage cancer victim backs fundraiser in memory of only daughter
- Fire crews called to fridge blaze
- One woman taken to hospital after two car crash in Lymm
He added the neighbourhood unit is investigating how the report came to be made.