CHESHIRE Police says there is no cause for concern after officers were called to reports of 'gunshots' in Birchwood on Monday night.
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police were called to Partridge Close at around 10.50pm following reports of 'a disturbance', and that a gun was heard being fired.
Insp Adkins said no weapon was found, and no one was injured.
The incident involved a man and woman who were known to each other.
"There is no suggestion a firearm was involved, and there are no concerns for the safety of residents," said the inspector.
- Police officers find body of man in Orford
- VIDEO: PM David Cameron visits Cantilever Park and jokes about Aston Villa support following club's FA Cup win
- Man arrested after 'angry clash' between residents and travellers in Penketh
- Can you help send netballer Kat to Oz?
- Hundreds hit the decks to celebrate Record Store Day in Warrington
He added the neighbourhood unit is investigating how the report came to be made.