CHESHIRE Police says there is no cause for concern after officers were called to reports of 'gunshots' in Birchwood on Monday night.
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police were called to Partridge Close at around 10.50pm following reports of 'a disturbance', and that a gun was heard being fired.
Insp Adkins said no weapon was found, and no one was injured.
The incident involved a man and woman who were known to each other.
"There is no suggestion a firearm was involved, and there are no concerns for the safety of residents," said the inspector.
- Concern grows in search to find missing 62-year-old man
- ‘Precious daughter’ dies two days before her 13th birthday
- APRIL: Pictures from schools across Warrington this month
- VIDEO: Brave cancer sufferer to support muddy runners
- APPEAL: Can you help groom with six months to live have a dream wedding?
He added the neighbourhood unit is investigating how the report came to be made.