CHESHIRE Police says there is no cause for concern after officers were called to reports of 'gunshots' in Birchwood on Monday night.
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police were called to Partridge Close at around 10.50pm following reports of 'a disturbance', and that a gun was heard being fired.
Insp Adkins said no weapon was found, and no one was injured.
The incident involved a man and woman who were known to each other.
"There is no suggestion a firearm was involved, and there are no concerns for the safety of residents," said the inspector.
- Motorist detained following suspected hit and run in Bewsey
- Garry Newlove killer loses court bid for early release from prison
- Motorist told to stop complaining after losing appeal to overturn three-year driving ban
- Plan to turn bookies into two takeaways and a flat thrown out
- £1,165 raised towards Viola Beach memorial plaque after 'absolutely amazing' response from town
He added the neighbourhood unit is investigating how the report came to be made.