CHESHIRE Police says there is no cause for concern after officers were called to reports of 'gunshots' in Birchwood on Monday night.
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police were called to Partridge Close at around 10.50pm following reports of 'a disturbance', and that a gun was heard being fired.
Insp Adkins said no weapon was found, and no one was injured.
The incident involved a man and woman who were known to each other.
"There is no suggestion a firearm was involved, and there are no concerns for the safety of residents," said the inspector.
- Demolition plans for James Bond-themed home to come before planning chiefs
- Stockton Heath restaurant's retractable roof plans set for approval
- Caught on camera: Police appeal after business raided on Sankey Street
- Group of children affected by Chernobyl nuclear disaster handed lifeline
- Residents reminded over changes to opening times at recycling centres
He added the neighbourhood unit is investigating how the report came to be made.