CHESHIRE Police says there is no cause for concern after officers were called to reports of 'gunshots' in Birchwood on Monday night.
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police were called to Partridge Close at around 10.50pm following reports of 'a disturbance', and that a gun was heard being fired.
Insp Adkins said no weapon was found, and no one was injured.
The incident involved a man and woman who were known to each other.
"There is no suggestion a firearm was involved, and there are no concerns for the safety of residents," said the inspector.
- Have your say on the ambulance service
- Parent claims shoppers without children parking in designated supermarket bays
- Nine-year-olds get training on how to teach avoiding internet predators
- Child sexual exploitation training will not be made compulsory for councillors
- UPDATED: Thelwall Viaduct open again after milk spill
He added the neighbourhood unit is investigating how the report came to be made.