CHESHIRE Police says there is no cause for concern after officers were called to reports of 'gunshots' in Birchwood on Monday night.
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police were called to Partridge Close at around 10.50pm following reports of 'a disturbance', and that a gun was heard being fired.
Insp Adkins said no weapon was found, and no one was injured.
The incident involved a man and woman who were known to each other.
"There is no suggestion a firearm was involved, and there are no concerns for the safety of residents," said the inspector.
- Police shut down cannabis farm on Winwick Road
- Appleton teacher says schools are training pupils for 'jobs that don't exist yet'
- IN PICTURES: The Hawthorne reopens after £180k refurb
- The Warrington Guardian advent calendar 2016 - door 10
- 10-year-old collecting presents for youngsters spending Christmas in hospital after brother's stay on children's ward
He added the neighbourhood unit is investigating how the report came to be made.