CHESHIRE Police says there is no cause for concern after officers were called to reports of 'gunshots' in Birchwood on Monday night.
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police were called to Partridge Close at around 10.50pm following reports of 'a disturbance', and that a gun was heard being fired.
Insp Adkins said no weapon was found, and no one was injured.
The incident involved a man and woman who were known to each other.
"There is no suggestion a firearm was involved, and there are no concerns for the safety of residents," said the inspector.
- The wrap: Five of the top headlines in Warrington from November 26
- Tyre lorry blaze causes motorway traffic chaos at Daresbury
- Disabled play scheme transforming lives during school holidays
- 'It's a bit of fun' says Latchford Youtube cyclist
- Bank helps Rocco's to the tune of £850
He added the neighbourhood unit is investigating how the report came to be made.