CHESHIRE Police says there is no cause for concern after officers were called to reports of 'gunshots' in Birchwood on Monday night.
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police were called to Partridge Close at around 10.50pm following reports of 'a disturbance', and that a gun was heard being fired.
Insp Adkins said no weapon was found, and no one was injured.
The incident involved a man and woman who were known to each other.
"There is no suggestion a firearm was involved, and there are no concerns for the safety of residents," said the inspector.
- Warrington Walking Day 2016 - Live
- 999 What's Your Emergency? episodes filmed in Warrington to begin airing next week
- Plans for property off Orford Lane withdrawn – weeks after bail hostel rumours dismissed
- Soldier's story released to coincide with 100th anniversary of Battle of the Somme
- GALLERY: Viola Beach families at Glastonbury
He added the neighbourhood unit is investigating how the report came to be made.