CHESHIRE Police says there is no cause for concern after officers were called to reports of 'gunshots' in Birchwood on Monday night.
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police were called to Partridge Close at around 10.50pm following reports of 'a disturbance', and that a gun was heard being fired.
Insp Adkins said no weapon was found, and no one was injured.
The incident involved a man and woman who were known to each other.
"There is no suggestion a firearm was involved, and there are no concerns for the safety of residents," said the inspector.
- Devastated family pay emotional tribute to dad-of-four Marcus Shaw following death
- REVEALED: Warrington's secondary school league table
- Health and safety fears preventing club from returning to abandoned site – residents facing 'impenetrable jungle'
- VIDEO: Flashback to 1990? England legend Stuart Pearce takes penalty at Wolves training camp
- Hospital's A&E department placed on 'red' alert for four-day period of first week in 2017
He added the neighbourhood unit is investigating how the report came to be made.