A ONE-YEAR-OLD boy was taken to hospital after being attacked by a dog in Woolston, Cheshire Police has confirmed.
The toddler spent three days in hospital, where he needed stitches, after being bitten by the Japanese Akita.
Police say he was released earlier today, Tuesday, and does not need further treatment.
The attack happened at a residential address in Parkway at around 5.30pm on Saturday.
- Couple deny stealing cosmetics from Boots
- New apprenticeships in Warrington North totals 590 since August
- Padgate Lane blaze 'was caused by candle'
- Two parish councils boost campaign to scrap tolls on Mersey bridges
- MP hopes for 'sense to prevail' over proposed HS2 spur
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police are investigating.
Officers have carried out door to door enquiries in the area to establish what happened.
At this stage it is not believed the dog was on the street, or off its lead, but inside an address.
Insp Adkins added no decision had yet been made on whether to seize the animal.