A ONE-YEAR-OLD boy was taken to hospital after being attacked by a dog in Woolston, Cheshire Police has confirmed.
The toddler spent three days in hospital, where he needed stitches, after being bitten by the Japanese Akita.
Police say he was released earlier today, Tuesday, and does not need further treatment.
The attack happened at a residential address in Parkway at around 5.30pm on Saturday.
- Man charged with tax duty evasion of 49,400 cigarettes appears in court
- Executive board member completes mission of visiting every community facility in town
- Mystery solved: Meet zombie extras whose makeover sparked panic call to police
- University of Chester climbs league table but just 63.4 per cent of graduates are in jobs
- Estate agent becomes first in Warrington to win Gold British Property Award
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police are investigating.
Officers have carried out door to door enquiries in the area to establish what happened.
At this stage it is not believed the dog was on the street, or off its lead, but inside an address.
Insp Adkins added no decision had yet been made on whether to seize the animal.