A ONE-YEAR-OLD boy was taken to hospital after being attacked by a dog in Woolston, Cheshire Police has confirmed.
The toddler spent three days in hospital, where he needed stitches, after being bitten by the Japanese Akita.
Police say he was released earlier today, Tuesday, and does not need further treatment.
The attack happened at a residential address in Parkway at around 5.30pm on Saturday.
- Wolves fan Pam wins 2014 poll
- Residents say it was a 'miracle' nobody was hurt in Old Hall flat blaze
- MPs question HS2 plan in Parliament debate
- The wrap: Five of the top headlines in Warrington from September 2
- Animal magic - actor Liz White on filming BBC's Our Zoo at Walton Hall...and her fear of love birds
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police are investigating.
Officers have carried out door to door enquiries in the area to establish what happened.
At this stage it is not believed the dog was on the street, or off its lead, but inside an address.
Insp Adkins added no decision had yet been made on whether to seize the animal.