A ONE-YEAR-OLD boy was taken to hospital after being attacked by a dog in Woolston, Cheshire Police has confirmed.
The toddler spent three days in hospital, where he needed stitches, after being bitten by the Japanese Akita.
Police say he was released earlier today, Tuesday, and does not need further treatment.
The attack happened at a residential address in Parkway at around 5.30pm on Saturday.
- 16-year-old boy dies following crash in Sankey Bridges
- GALLERY: First look inside Donatello's pizzeria after refurbishment project
- Traffic cut by more than 10 per cent following £5m roadworks
- 34-year-old man charged after allegedly exposing himself at Centre Park
- LiveWire's library consultation closes with more than 2,400 responses
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police are investigating.
Officers have carried out door to door enquiries in the area to establish what happened.
At this stage it is not believed the dog was on the street, or off its lead, but inside an address.
Insp Adkins added no decision had yet been made on whether to seize the animal.