A ONE-YEAR-OLD boy was taken to hospital after being attacked by a dog in Woolston, Cheshire Police has confirmed.
The toddler spent three days in hospital, where he needed stitches, after being bitten by the Japanese Akita.
Police say he was released earlier today, Tuesday, and does not need further treatment.
The attack happened at a residential address in Parkway at around 5.30pm on Saturday.
- Drug-driver cases under review following police probe into test data
- Gang armed with knives chase man down alleyway in Orford
- FACE IN THE CROWD: Wolves v Broncos
- UPDATED: Plans to consider closing Warrington Hospital in future in order to move to new 'state-of-the-art' facility confirmed by chief executive
- Applicant withdraws plans to turn town centre office block into 26 apartments
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police are investigating.
Officers have carried out door to door enquiries in the area to establish what happened.
At this stage it is not believed the dog was on the street, or off its lead, but inside an address.
Insp Adkins added no decision had yet been made on whether to seize the animal.