A ONE-YEAR-OLD boy was taken to hospital after being attacked by a dog in Woolston, Cheshire Police has confirmed.
The toddler spent three days in hospital, where he needed stitches, after being bitten by the Japanese Akita.
Police say he was released earlier today, Tuesday, and does not need further treatment.
The attack happened at a residential address in Parkway at around 5.30pm on Saturday.
- Dream come true as group of youngsters dance onstage with Justin Bieber during UK tour
- Investigations into death of 16-year-old boy continue following Sankey Bridges crash
- Google demonstrate the classroom of the future at Priestley College with VR Expeditions
- Football icon Gazza coming to Warrington during Evening with Paul Gazza Gascoigne tour
- PICTURES AND VIDEO: Fans turn out in their hundreds as Peter Andre comes to Warrington
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police are investigating.
Officers have carried out door to door enquiries in the area to establish what happened.
At this stage it is not believed the dog was on the street, or off its lead, but inside an address.
Insp Adkins added no decision had yet been made on whether to seize the animal.