A ONE-YEAR-OLD boy was taken to hospital after being attacked by a dog in Woolston, Cheshire Police has confirmed.
The toddler spent three days in hospital, where he needed stitches, after being bitten by the Japanese Akita.
Police say he was released earlier today, Tuesday, and does not need further treatment.
The attack happened at a residential address in Parkway at around 5.30pm on Saturday.
- Stone Roses frontman Ian Brown tells court Fred Talbot gave 'masturbation practice' homework
- Find the perfect match at speed dating night
- Get your English Half Marathon place before price rise
- Police investigate Culcheth burglary
- Billy Goat's woof: Warrington caught up in Facebook goat mystery
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police are investigating.
Officers have carried out door to door enquiries in the area to establish what happened.
At this stage it is not believed the dog was on the street, or off its lead, but inside an address.
Insp Adkins added no decision had yet been made on whether to seize the animal.