A ONE-YEAR-OLD boy was taken to hospital after being attacked by a dog in Woolston, Cheshire Police has confirmed.
The toddler spent three days in hospital, where he needed stitches, after being bitten by the Japanese Akita.
Police say he was released earlier today, Tuesday, and does not need further treatment.
The attack happened at a residential address in Parkway at around 5.30pm on Saturday.
- Warrington set to home refugee families ‘fleeing horrors of Syria’
- REVEALED: Do you own Warrington's favourite type of car?
- Christmas crackers, toy guns and snow globes - the items you can't take in your hand luggage if you're going abroad this Christmas
- Police boss nearly arrested in Christmas tree mix up
- Mum raising funds to fight cystic fibrosis after firstborn diagnosed with condition aged three weeks
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police are investigating.
Officers have carried out door to door enquiries in the area to establish what happened.
At this stage it is not believed the dog was on the street, or off its lead, but inside an address.
Insp Adkins added no decision had yet been made on whether to seize the animal.