A ONE-YEAR-OLD boy was taken to hospital after being attacked by a dog in Woolston, Cheshire Police has confirmed.
The toddler spent three days in hospital, where he needed stitches, after being bitten by the Japanese Akita.
Police say he was released earlier today, Tuesday, and does not need further treatment.
The attack happened at a residential address in Parkway at around 5.30pm on Saturday.
- UPDATED 12.35: Man's body found close to Kingsway bridge
- Two businessmen with ties to collapsed Warrington company jailed
- Police confirm road closures are possible as Storm Doris edges closer to Warrington
- Musicians team up with artist Vicki Park for unique show
- WARNING: Storm Doris alert issued for drivers
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police are investigating.
Officers have carried out door to door enquiries in the area to establish what happened.
At this stage it is not believed the dog was on the street, or off its lead, but inside an address.
Insp Adkins added no decision had yet been made on whether to seize the animal.