A ONE-YEAR-OLD boy was taken to hospital after being attacked by a dog in Woolston, Cheshire Police has confirmed.
The toddler spent three days in hospital, where he needed stitches, after being bitten by the Japanese Akita.
Police say he was released earlier today, Tuesday, and does not need further treatment.
The attack happened at a residential address in Parkway at around 5.30pm on Saturday.
- Second man arrested in murder investigation into death of former Royal Navy officer
- FIRST LOOK: Inside Warrington's new temporary market hall
- George Sampson has had a hair transplant...and he's kept fans updated every step of the way
- UPDATED 5.29pm: Traffic clearing after accident on roundabout for the M62 blocks Winwick Road
- School land will NOT become travellers' site
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police are investigating.
Officers have carried out door to door enquiries in the area to establish what happened.
At this stage it is not believed the dog was on the street, or off its lead, but inside an address.
Insp Adkins added no decision had yet been made on whether to seize the animal.