A ONE-YEAR-OLD boy was taken to hospital after being attacked by a dog in Woolston, Cheshire Police has confirmed.
The toddler spent three days in hospital, where he needed stitches, after being bitten by the Japanese Akita.
Police say he was released earlier today, Tuesday, and does not need further treatment.
The attack happened at a residential address in Parkway at around 5.30pm on Saturday.
- Mum-of-two finds dream career as on-call firefighter
- Police issue advice to parents about keeping children entertained over summer
- Deaf man to cycle 3,200 miles across the USA for charity
- EVEN MORE PICS ADDED: Going, going almost gone - demolition of market car park complete
- 'There are so many people who are unsung heroes' – Mayoral Achievement Awards launched
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police are investigating.
Officers have carried out door to door enquiries in the area to establish what happened.
At this stage it is not believed the dog was on the street, or off its lead, but inside an address.
Insp Adkins added no decision had yet been made on whether to seize the animal.