A ONE-YEAR-OLD boy was taken to hospital after being attacked by a dog in Woolston, Cheshire Police has confirmed.
The toddler spent three days in hospital, where he needed stitches, after being bitten by the Japanese Akita.
Police say he was released earlier today, Tuesday, and does not need further treatment.
The attack happened at a residential address in Parkway at around 5.30pm on Saturday.
- UPDATED 8.20: A49 reopened after accident between two vehicles
- Unnecessary visitors to hospital's A&E department will be ordered home under new scheme
- Teenage arsonist avoids jail sentence after setting fire to house while occupant was in bath
- 'Important part' of Howley community to celebrate 100th birthday on Saturday
- Success at dancing school after squad competes in national final
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police are investigating.
Officers have carried out door to door enquiries in the area to establish what happened.
At this stage it is not believed the dog was on the street, or off its lead, but inside an address.
Insp Adkins added no decision had yet been made on whether to seize the animal.