A ONE-YEAR-OLD boy was taken to hospital after being attacked by a dog in Woolston, Cheshire Police has confirmed.
The toddler spent three days in hospital, where he needed stitches, after being bitten by the Japanese Akita.
Police say he was released earlier today, Tuesday, and does not need further treatment.
The attack happened at a residential address in Parkway at around 5.30pm on Saturday.
- Firefighters carry out RTC exercise
- Singer Nathan Grisdale and R&B band Mr Meanor to sign records at Head in Golden Square
- Driver arrested after car ploughs into police vehicle twice in getaway attempt
- Pop-up hot dog and cocktails bar in town centre tomorrow, Saturday
- Former mayor disagrees with election of new deputy
Insp Chris Adkins, of Warrington East NPU, said police are investigating.
Officers have carried out door to door enquiries in the area to establish what happened.
At this stage it is not believed the dog was on the street, or off its lead, but inside an address.
Insp Adkins added no decision had yet been made on whether to seize the animal.