Ex-Town man sentenced after admitting posting racist material on social media for second time (From Warrington Guardian)
Text us your news! Start your message Warrington News and send any photos or videos to 80360
Ex-Town man sentenced after admitting posting racist material on social media for second time
Updated 5:18pm Thursday 26th June 2014 in News
A FORMER Warrington Town footballer was given a suspended sentence after admitting posting racist material on social media for a second time.
Shaun Tuck, aged 28, from Norris Green , appeared at Liverpool Magistrates Court today, Thursday, after admitting posting comments on Facebook claiming he had been punched by an "orangutan".
Tuck, who is currently out of contract but has played for Warrington Town and Witton Albion, sentenced to 12 weeks in prison last year after he admitted using Twitter to call for mosques in the UK to be 'gassed out or bombed' after the Woolwich attack last summer.
Andrew Page, prosecuting, said Tuck had posted the most recent comments after he was attacked while on a night out.
Mr Page said: "He was out in town and was the victim of an unprovoked assault.
"His friend told him he was black. He was extremely angry."
He referred to the attacker as a 'monkey' and threatened to throw acid in the faces of his children.
Mr Hill said Tuck had made a full admission when interviewed by police.
He had deleted the comments the morning after they were posted.
Tuck, who was not legally represented in court, told magistrates he was extremely sorry.
He said: "There's not much I can say apart from I'm really, really sorry."
He said he had struggled to cope with his grief after the death of his parents.
Magistrates gave Tuck a 22 week sentence, suspended for 18 months, and ordered him to complete a 'human dignity' programme.
He was also ordered to carry out 120 hours of unpaid work and pay £165 costs.