Book a date for ethnic reception at Warrington Town Hall

Warrington Guardian: Clr Peter Carey Clr Peter Carey

THE second Annual Ethnic Reception, which aims to continue to build cultural bridges between the local community and the 22 ethnic groups in the town, will be held on June 2 at the Town Hall.

This year’s theme is A Taste of Warrington which will showcase some traditional British culture as well as ethnic artistic groups active in the town.

This event is one of the last Clr Peter Carey will attend as the Mayor of Warrington, who is the guest of honour at the event.

Comments (8)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:50pm Sun 25 May 14

*Spartan* says...

Another place for Labour councillors to canvas for more votes no doubt
Another place for Labour councillors to canvas for more votes no doubt *Spartan*
  • Score: 5

6:59am Mon 26 May 14

PageA says...

Why just Labour Councillors? Surely it would be an opportunity for all sides to be involved
Why just Labour Councillors? Surely it would be an opportunity for all sides to be involved PageA
  • Score: -6

5:06pm Mon 26 May 14

*Spartan* says...

PageA wrote:
Why just Labour Councillors? Surely it would be an opportunity for all sides to be involved
Because this is a Labour run Council Page, who have actively supported mass immigration to increase their constituents and votes. By all means go and get involved but I could probably think of better ways of spending our over inflated council taxes, like bring back weekly bin collections, fix pot holes in the roads, sort out our ailing high street ect ect
[quote][p][bold]PageA[/bold] wrote: Why just Labour Councillors? Surely it would be an opportunity for all sides to be involved[/p][/quote]Because this is a Labour run Council Page, who have actively supported mass immigration to increase their constituents and votes. By all means go and get involved but I could probably think of better ways of spending our over inflated council taxes, like bring back weekly bin collections, fix pot holes in the roads, sort out our ailing high street ect ect *Spartan*
  • Score: 5

5:19pm Mon 26 May 14

PageA says...

*Spartan* wrote:
PageA wrote:
Why just Labour Councillors? Surely it would be an opportunity for all sides to be involved
Because this is a Labour run Council Page, who have actively supported mass immigration to increase their constituents and votes. By all means go and get involved but I could probably think of better ways of spending our over inflated council taxes, like bring back weekly bin collections, fix pot holes in the roads, sort out our ailing high street ect ect
I think that promoting integration and harmony in or town is a great way to spend tax revenue. If communities spend more time with each other maybe they would set aside the fear, born of ignorance, that exists between us. I just hope it's better than the recent Ukip carnival debarcle! Now that was a waste of money!
[quote][p][bold]*Spartan*[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]PageA[/bold] wrote: Why just Labour Councillors? Surely it would be an opportunity for all sides to be involved[/p][/quote]Because this is a Labour run Council Page, who have actively supported mass immigration to increase their constituents and votes. By all means go and get involved but I could probably think of better ways of spending our over inflated council taxes, like bring back weekly bin collections, fix pot holes in the roads, sort out our ailing high street ect ect[/p][/quote]I think that promoting integration and harmony in or town is a great way to spend tax revenue. If communities spend more time with each other maybe they would set aside the fear, born of ignorance, that exists between us. I just hope it's better than the recent Ukip carnival debarcle! Now that was a waste of money! PageA
  • Score: -3

6:05pm Mon 26 May 14

*Spartan* says...

Page you seem an educated person. Look back in history and tell me where different cultures have come together and lived in peace and harmony. Im afraid that if you do find some examples there wouldn't be many successful ones. Cultures unfortunately do not mix successfully.
Where history has tried there is always a simmering bitterness and ultimately conflict. For this to be successful the ''Ethnic'' culture needs to embrace the host nation and this unfortunately does not happen in the UK.
We are expected to embrace their culture and then be politically correct about it. This doesn't happen anywhere else in the world. I cant go to the Middle East or Asia and expect them to embrace me and my culture, If I tried they would either kick me out or lock me up.
So again I reiterate my previous comment that Id rather see my TAX spent on more pressing issues closer to home and the UK.
Page you seem an educated person. Look back in history and tell me where different cultures have come together and lived in peace and harmony. Im afraid that if you do find some examples there wouldn't be many successful ones. Cultures unfortunately do not mix successfully. Where history has tried there is always a simmering bitterness and ultimately conflict. For this to be successful the ''Ethnic'' culture needs to embrace the host nation and this unfortunately does not happen in the UK. We are expected to embrace their culture and then be politically correct about it. This doesn't happen anywhere else in the world. I cant go to the Middle East or Asia and expect them to embrace me and my culture, If I tried they would either kick me out or lock me up. So again I reiterate my previous comment that Id rather see my TAX spent on more pressing issues closer to home and the UK. *Spartan*
  • Score: 2

6:28pm Mon 26 May 14

PageA says...

*Spartan* wrote:
Page you seem an educated person. Look back in history and tell me where different cultures have come together and lived in peace and harmony. Im afraid that if you do find some examples there wouldn't be many successful ones. Cultures unfortunately do not mix successfully.
Where history has tried there is always a simmering bitterness and ultimately conflict. For this to be successful the ''Ethnic'' culture needs to embrace the host nation and this unfortunately does not happen in the UK.
We are expected to embrace their culture and then be politically correct about it. This doesn't happen anywhere else in the world. I cant go to the Middle East or Asia and expect them to embrace me and my culture, If I tried they would either kick me out or lock me up.
So again I reiterate my previous comment that Id rather see my TAX spent on more pressing issues closer to home and the UK.
Stop it! You're making me blush! I think the United States is doing ok as a melting pot with a black/white/Irish/Ke
nyan/American born in Hawaii president. I'd be interested if you could look back In history and tell me any society consisting of one ethnic, religious or cultural type? We don't need to strip people of their heritage Spartan, it should be celebrated and we should use it to enrich our own communities and lives. It's not about being PC, it's about embracing the different colours, sounds, tastes that new arrivals bring to our shores. What is Warrington Culture Spartan? What defines us as a town?
[quote][p][bold]*Spartan*[/bold] wrote: Page you seem an educated person. Look back in history and tell me where different cultures have come together and lived in peace and harmony. Im afraid that if you do find some examples there wouldn't be many successful ones. Cultures unfortunately do not mix successfully. Where history has tried there is always a simmering bitterness and ultimately conflict. For this to be successful the ''Ethnic'' culture needs to embrace the host nation and this unfortunately does not happen in the UK. We are expected to embrace their culture and then be politically correct about it. This doesn't happen anywhere else in the world. I cant go to the Middle East or Asia and expect them to embrace me and my culture, If I tried they would either kick me out or lock me up. So again I reiterate my previous comment that Id rather see my TAX spent on more pressing issues closer to home and the UK.[/p][/quote]Stop it! You're making me blush! I think the United States is doing ok as a melting pot with a black/white/Irish/Ke nyan/American born in Hawaii president. I'd be interested if you could look back In history and tell me any society consisting of one ethnic, religious or cultural type? We don't need to strip people of their heritage Spartan, it should be celebrated and we should use it to enrich our own communities and lives. It's not about being PC, it's about embracing the different colours, sounds, tastes that new arrivals bring to our shores. What is Warrington Culture Spartan? What defines us as a town? PageA
  • Score: -4

7:39pm Mon 26 May 14

*Spartan* says...

The United States ?. Its been proven that African Americans, Hispanics, The North, The South, Jews, Italians, Greeks, Whites, Native American Indians (Original Occupiers of the territories and subsequently slaughtered by another culture) the East Coast, The West Coast ect (Referring to you're melting pot) do not get on. They all feel hard done by, by each other, have their own cultures which most don't like integrating and rather keep to themselves.
We don't strip cultures of their heritage in this country, we respect them because we are British. They on the other hand do not afford us the same privilege in our own Country.
We have to change the way we live, speak and act so that we do not offend certain cultures. We cant wear military uniforms incase we offend certain people, we get refused service at cashiers because we buy certain meat products or alcohol in a supermarket, it's not Christmas lights in some place its festive lights (in some cases we cant even put them up anymore out of fear of upsetting someone). There are many more examples which I don't care to get into.
I don't mind other sounds, colours and tastes. I do mind the lack of non-integration that they bring to our shores. This is Great Britain and thats the way it must stay.
Warrington's culture is a hard working Northern Culture, full of British people who have worked hard all their lives and thats it. No amount of spin will make it look anymore or less attractive no matter what culture you try and integrate into it.
The United States ?. Its been proven that African Americans, Hispanics, The North, The South, Jews, Italians, Greeks, Whites, Native American Indians (Original Occupiers of the territories and subsequently slaughtered by another culture) the East Coast, The West Coast ect (Referring to you're melting pot) do not get on. They all feel hard done by, by each other, have their own cultures which most don't like integrating and rather keep to themselves. We don't strip cultures of their heritage in this country, we respect them because we are British. They on the other hand do not afford us the same privilege in our own Country. We have to change the way we live, speak and act so that we do not offend certain cultures. We cant wear military uniforms incase we offend certain people, we get refused service at cashiers because we buy certain meat products or alcohol in a supermarket, it's not Christmas lights in some place its festive lights (in some cases we cant even put them up anymore out of fear of upsetting someone). There are many more examples which I don't care to get into. I don't mind other sounds, colours and tastes. I do mind the lack of non-integration that they bring to our shores. This is Great Britain and thats the way it must stay. Warrington's culture is a hard working Northern Culture, full of British people who have worked hard all their lives and thats it. No amount of spin will make it look anymore or less attractive no matter what culture you try and integrate into it. *Spartan*
  • Score: 3

8:13pm Mon 26 May 14

PageA says...

*Spartan* wrote:
The United States ?. Its been proven that African Americans, Hispanics, The North, The South, Jews, Italians, Greeks, Whites, Native American Indians (Original Occupiers of the territories and subsequently slaughtered by another culture) the East Coast, The West Coast ect (Referring to you're melting pot) do not get on. They all feel hard done by, by each other, have their own cultures which most don't like integrating and rather keep to themselves.
We don't strip cultures of their heritage in this country, we respect them because we are British. They on the other hand do not afford us the same privilege in our own Country.
We have to change the way we live, speak and act so that we do not offend certain cultures. We cant wear military uniforms incase we offend certain people, we get refused service at cashiers because we buy certain meat products or alcohol in a supermarket, it's not Christmas lights in some place its festive lights (in some cases we cant even put them up anymore out of fear of upsetting someone). There are many more examples which I don't care to get into.
I don't mind other sounds, colours and tastes. I do mind the lack of non-integration that they bring to our shores. This is Great Britain and thats the way it must stay.
Warrington's culture is a hard working Northern Culture, full of British people who have worked hard all their lives and thats it. No amount of spin will make it look anymore or less attractive no matter what culture you try and integrate into it.
It's been proven? I'm sure there are issues here as anywhere but to say it's been proven isn't true. When you say 'we' get refused by cashiers do you mean it happened once..somewhere...an
d you read about it in the daily mail? Who can't wear military uniforms?? Or are you talking about an SS uniform that you keep in the wardrobe? Because that's a uniform I'd find offensive. I agree that non integration us a big problem an I'm pleased that you recognise it as an issue that needs fixing. I applaud this event and hope it goes some way to addressing the issues you have raised
[quote][p][bold]*Spartan*[/bold] wrote: The United States ?. Its been proven that African Americans, Hispanics, The North, The South, Jews, Italians, Greeks, Whites, Native American Indians (Original Occupiers of the territories and subsequently slaughtered by another culture) the East Coast, The West Coast ect (Referring to you're melting pot) do not get on. They all feel hard done by, by each other, have their own cultures which most don't like integrating and rather keep to themselves. We don't strip cultures of their heritage in this country, we respect them because we are British. They on the other hand do not afford us the same privilege in our own Country. We have to change the way we live, speak and act so that we do not offend certain cultures. We cant wear military uniforms incase we offend certain people, we get refused service at cashiers because we buy certain meat products or alcohol in a supermarket, it's not Christmas lights in some place its festive lights (in some cases we cant even put them up anymore out of fear of upsetting someone). There are many more examples which I don't care to get into. I don't mind other sounds, colours and tastes. I do mind the lack of non-integration that they bring to our shores. This is Great Britain and thats the way it must stay. Warrington's culture is a hard working Northern Culture, full of British people who have worked hard all their lives and thats it. No amount of spin will make it look anymore or less attractive no matter what culture you try and integrate into it.[/p][/quote]It's been proven? I'm sure there are issues here as anywhere but to say it's been proven isn't true. When you say 'we' get refused by cashiers do you mean it happened once..somewhere...an d you read about it in the daily mail? Who can't wear military uniforms?? Or are you talking about an SS uniform that you keep in the wardrobe? Because that's a uniform I'd find offensive. I agree that non integration us a big problem an I'm pleased that you recognise it as an issue that needs fixing. I applaud this event and hope it goes some way to addressing the issues you have raised PageA
  • Score: -2

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree