David Mowat moves out of Warrington - rival calls it 'shameful'

David Mowat moves out of Warrington - rival calls it 'shameful'

David Mowat after being elected in 2010

Nick Bent

First published in News
Last updated

DAVID Mowat has moved out of Warrington in what his Labour rival is calling a ‘shameful’ decision.

The Warrington South MP told the Warrington Guardian he has moved to Macclesfield and that many MPs do not live within the constituency they represent.

He had lived in Higher Walton.

Mr Mowat said: "I moved to the next-door constituency 2 years ago because of family commitments. This was recorded on the Electoral Roll in 2012

"However, I am quite happy for people to assess my "commitment" to Warrington.

"Perhaps they could ask one of the 200 people from the Borough who have been helped to find work and support their families through the Jobs Club which I have supported for the past five years.

"Or perhaps they could ask one of the 850 people who attended the annual Jobs Fair that I organised in February to help local people meet local employers.

"Since I've been the MP here I've successfully lobbied for more cash for our NHS, better broadband in Chapelford and new flood defences to help protect homes and businesses. I've also held 1,000 advice surgeries with constituents around the town.

"During the same period, all the Labour party has done is to take pictures of themselves waving placards in the town centre.

"People in Warrington deserve an MP who works hard for them - that's what I've done for the past four years and what I will continue to do, if reelected, in 2015."

His predecessor Helen Southworth lived in St Helens when she represented the town until 2010.

Nick Bent, who will stand for Labour in the seat at the General Election next year and lives in Great Sankey, said ‘Warrington is my home and I am here to stay’.

He added: “It is shameful that, having told voters he lived in Warrington, the Tory MP has secretly moved out, and the Lib Dems don’t even have a parliamentary candidate, so both coalition parties have turned their backs on local people.”

The row comes a year out from the General Election with Warrington South likely to be one of the most hotly contested seats.

Mr Mowat polled around 1,500 more votes than Mr Bent four years ago.

The Liberal Democrats had high hopes of surprising both in 2010 but Jo Crotty came a distant third, more than 4,500 votes behind.

She hopes to be elected to the European Parliament later this month having disappeared off the political spectrum in the years since.

The Lib Dems currently do not have a candidate for the seat.

Comments (25)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:23am Wed 7 May 14

PageA says...

What's the thrust of this argument? 'I may be sh*t, but at least I'm here?...I'm not much but I'm yours?' I'd like the best man for the job. As long as he can do the business for Warrington what does it matter about what his postcode is?
What's the thrust of this argument? 'I may be sh*t, but at least I'm here?...I'm not much but I'm yours?' I'd like the best man for the job. As long as he can do the business for Warrington what does it matter about what his postcode is? PageA
  • Score: 18

8:11am Wed 7 May 14

Nick Tessla says...

Going before he loses his seat - can't blame the chap.
Going before he loses his seat - can't blame the chap. Nick Tessla
  • Score: -7

8:54am Wed 7 May 14

Reader says...

OMG someone has moved house ! Macclesfield is only 40 mins away and it can take that long to drive from South Warrington to Westbrook when the traffic in town is bad. Can't be doing with politician types who are always in the press moaning about what their rivals are up to. I'd much rather about read what they themselves are actually doing (if anything). Zzzzzz.
OMG someone has moved house ! Macclesfield is only 40 mins away and it can take that long to drive from South Warrington to Westbrook when the traffic in town is bad. Can't be doing with politician types who are always in the press moaning about what their rivals are up to. I'd much rather about read what they themselves are actually doing (if anything). Zzzzzz. Reader
  • Score: 17

9:39am Wed 7 May 14

Lymm Reader says...

I don't see how David Mowat can claim to represent the people of Warrington if he doesn't live here. Whether it's 'allowed' or not is irrelevant. Warrington deserves someone who actually wants to play a part in this community and make it better. The fact that he's tried to do it under the radar speaks volumes about his integrity and his intentions towards his constituents.
I don't see how David Mowat can claim to represent the people of Warrington if he doesn't live here. Whether it's 'allowed' or not is irrelevant. Warrington deserves someone who actually wants to play a part in this community and make it better. The fact that he's tried to do it under the radar speaks volumes about his integrity and his intentions towards his constituents. Lymm Reader
  • Score: -6

9:44am Wed 7 May 14

snilodnamynam says...

The problem here is that he has moved out on the sly, not telling any of his constituents.
Has he moved to avoid the bridge tolls his party enforces here but not in Cambridge, which he hardly lobbied against?
The problem here is that he has moved out on the sly, not telling any of his constituents. Has he moved to avoid the bridge tolls his party enforces here but not in Cambridge, which he hardly lobbied against? snilodnamynam
  • Score: -2

9:56am Wed 7 May 14

Nick Tessla says...

Reader wrote:
OMG someone has moved house ! Macclesfield is only 40 mins away and it can take that long to drive from South Warrington to Westbrook when the traffic in town is bad. Can't be doing with politician types who are always in the press moaning about what their rivals are up to. I'd much rather about read what they themselves are actually doing (if anything). Zzzzzz.
Comparing apples to oranges in your journey times - yes it might take as long to get from South Warrington to Westbrook, on a bad day (but as that is not in his constituency is a bit irrelevant) but it could also take a **** site longer than 40 minutes to get to South Warrington from Macclesfield.

There is a world of difference between someone who happens to live outside the area becoming an MP and someone who has been living here then moving out.

Perhaps the W Guardian could actually give Mr Mowat the chance to explain why he can't stand living in his constituency - seems only fair.
[quote][p][bold]Reader[/bold] wrote: OMG someone has moved house ! Macclesfield is only 40 mins away and it can take that long to drive from South Warrington to Westbrook when the traffic in town is bad. Can't be doing with politician types who are always in the press moaning about what their rivals are up to. I'd much rather about read what they themselves are actually doing (if anything). Zzzzzz.[/p][/quote]Comparing apples to oranges in your journey times - yes it might take as long to get from South Warrington to Westbrook, on a bad day (but as that is not in his constituency is a bit irrelevant) but it could also take a **** site longer than 40 minutes to get to South Warrington from Macclesfield. There is a world of difference between someone who happens to live outside the area becoming an MP and someone who has been living here then moving out. Perhaps the W Guardian could actually give Mr Mowat the chance to explain why he can't stand living in his constituency - seems only fair. Nick Tessla
  • Score: 1

10:04am Wed 7 May 14

mdmattydavies says...

PageA wrote:
What's the thrust of this argument? 'I may be sh*t, but at least I'm here?...I'm not much but I'm yours?' I'd like the best man for the job. As long as he can do the business for Warrington what does it matter about what his postcode is?
Speaks volumes that he doesn't have anything positive to say about himelf apart from living in Warrington.

Personally I'd prefer an MP who actually does soemthing for the town apart from take selfies with pop stars
[quote][p][bold]PageA[/bold] wrote: What's the thrust of this argument? 'I may be sh*t, but at least I'm here?...I'm not much but I'm yours?' I'd like the best man for the job. As long as he can do the business for Warrington what does it matter about what his postcode is?[/p][/quote]Speaks volumes that he doesn't have anything positive to say about himelf apart from living in Warrington. Personally I'd prefer an MP who actually does soemthing for the town apart from take selfies with pop stars mdmattydavies
  • Score: 1

10:12am Wed 7 May 14

moleogod says...

the man is a two faced lair he said he would help the people of warrington even putting his face to The Trussell Trust warrington food banks even photographed filling boxes he is on the warrington webpage google it. but then weeks later voted against an official investigation into the causes of food poverty and hunger in the UK and how to prevent it. here is the proof he voted in favor of letting people go without food. --------------------
--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
he was at a meeting weeks before that vote in sankey bridges community house where the trussell trust spoke out saying and telling us how they are helping people. David Mowat MP stood up and echoed what he said that people needed helping and he would help in anyway he can. but what he meant was he wants photo opportunities to make it look like he was helping
the man is a two faced lair he said he would help the people of warrington even putting his face to The Trussell Trust warrington food banks even photographed filling boxes he is on the warrington webpage google it. but then weeks later voted against an official investigation into the causes of food poverty and hunger in the UK and how to prevent it. here is the proof he voted in favor of letting people go without food. -------------------- -------------------- -------------------- -------------------- -------------------- he was at a meeting weeks before that vote in sankey bridges community house where the trussell trust spoke out saying and telling us how they are helping people. David Mowat MP stood up and echoed what he said that people needed helping and he would help in anyway he can. but what he meant was he wants photo opportunities to make it look like he was helping moleogod
  • Score: -2

10:44am Wed 7 May 14

Lymm Reader says...

Ian Brown showed his support to a campaign asking local people to donate food for Warrington's Food Bank, a cause I believe David Mowat also supports. Sometimes. And possibly not when voting in the Commons on economic policy. Go on, knock yourself out and give us a 'last Labout Govt' 'inherited mess' blah blah blah rant. I'm not sure whether I've heard that point before.
Ian Brown showed his support to a campaign asking local people to donate food for Warrington's Food Bank, a cause I believe David Mowat also supports. Sometimes. And possibly not when voting in the Commons on economic policy. Go on, knock yourself out and give us a 'last Labout Govt' 'inherited mess' blah blah blah rant. I'm not sure whether I've heard that point before. Lymm Reader
  • Score: 1

11:00am Wed 7 May 14

garywar50 says...

IVE done!! 200 jobs via a job club IVE set up in 5 years!! 850 attendees at a job fair and 1000 advise surgeries!...nit much to brag about ya clown especially when alot of yhese jobs YOUVe created are dead end jobs in out sourcing companies that have taken proper jobs and proper wages from Warringtonians
Pathetic results Mr Moffat
I notice that you omit your supporting fracking in Warrington and have moved away from the area you have doomed to the devastation that industry will make to residents and local business,
IVE done!! 200 jobs via a job club IVE set up in 5 years!! 850 attendees at a job fair and 1000 advise surgeries!...nit much to brag about ya clown especially when alot of yhese jobs YOUVe created are dead end jobs in out sourcing companies that have taken proper jobs and proper wages from Warringtonians Pathetic results Mr Moffat I notice that you omit your supporting fracking in Warrington and have moved away from the area you have doomed to the devastation that industry will make to residents and local business, garywar50
  • Score: -2

2:18pm Wed 7 May 14

PageA says...

Lymm Reader wrote:
I don't see how David Mowat can claim to represent the people of Warrington if he doesn't live here. Whether it's 'allowed' or not is irrelevant. Warrington deserves someone who actually wants to play a part in this community and make it better. The fact that he's tried to do it under the radar speaks volumes about his integrity and his intentions towards his constituents.
You might do a good job at your place of work. Should I be surprised that you don't live in your office..or warehouse. It's up to the man and his family where he chooses to live, that's his right. If Nick Bent moves house..I don't want to know...unless he's moving next door in which case I'd appreciate the heads up
[quote][p][bold]Lymm Reader[/bold] wrote: I don't see how David Mowat can claim to represent the people of Warrington if he doesn't live here. Whether it's 'allowed' or not is irrelevant. Warrington deserves someone who actually wants to play a part in this community and make it better. The fact that he's tried to do it under the radar speaks volumes about his integrity and his intentions towards his constituents.[/p][/quote]You might do a good job at your place of work. Should I be surprised that you don't live in your office..or warehouse. It's up to the man and his family where he chooses to live, that's his right. If Nick Bent moves house..I don't want to know...unless he's moving next door in which case I'd appreciate the heads up PageA
  • Score: 5

5:23pm Wed 7 May 14

snilodnamynam says...

Something else Mr Bent said about him - that he 'slavishly votes for whatever the government tells him to' is absolutely correct. Between the southeast and the ruling classes and the people of Warrington South, he has voted for the former every time he's been asked. He doesn't represent you, he's just another Tory placeholder.
His work in the community is no small contribution, but he seems to be more going through the motions than putting his heart and soul into his work like Burnham or *rueful laughter* Osborne (making a £40bn train line move round your constituency is trying of the wrong sort).
Essentially, get him out, he has done nothing extraordinary in the slightest, is not a local resident, does not have any personal political clout and doesn't even live here.
Something else Mr Bent said about him - that he 'slavishly votes for whatever the government tells him to' is absolutely correct. Between the southeast and the ruling classes and the people of Warrington South, he has voted for the former every time he's been asked. He doesn't represent you, he's just another Tory placeholder. His work in the community is no small contribution, but he seems to be more going through the motions than putting his heart and soul into his work like Burnham or *rueful laughter* Osborne (making a £40bn train line move round your constituency is trying of the wrong sort). Essentially, get him out, he has done nothing extraordinary in the slightest, is not a local resident, does not have any personal political clout and doesn't even live here. snilodnamynam
  • Score: 2

5:49pm Wed 7 May 14

Mike_1979 says...

It's not the fact that David Mowat has moved out of Warrington, it's the fact that he did it surreptitiously. He shows up in the paper but I can safely say you won't bump into him anywhere in the town. Unlike Nick Bent who seems to be everywhere.

Seriously, check your back garden he's probably out there fixing that fence panel you've been meaning to get around to.

If you spot a Mowat in the wild there should be a prize.
It's not the fact that David Mowat has moved out of Warrington, it's the fact that he did it surreptitiously. He shows up in the paper but I can safely say you won't bump into him anywhere in the town. Unlike Nick Bent who seems to be everywhere. Seriously, check your back garden he's probably out there fixing that fence panel you've been meaning to get around to. If you spot a Mowat in the wild there should be a prize. Mike_1979
  • Score: 4

10:38pm Wed 7 May 14

PageA says...

Mike_1979 wrote:
It's not the fact that David Mowat has moved out of Warrington, it's the fact that he did it surreptitiously. He shows up in the paper but I can safely say you won't bump into him anywhere in the town. Unlike Nick Bent who seems to be everywhere.

Seriously, check your back garden he's probably out there fixing that fence panel you've been meaning to get around to.

If you spot a Mowat in the wild there should be a prize.
You're right...Bent is a busy fool
[quote][p][bold]Mike_1979[/bold] wrote: It's not the fact that David Mowat has moved out of Warrington, it's the fact that he did it surreptitiously. He shows up in the paper but I can safely say you won't bump into him anywhere in the town. Unlike Nick Bent who seems to be everywhere. Seriously, check your back garden he's probably out there fixing that fence panel you've been meaning to get around to. If you spot a Mowat in the wild there should be a prize.[/p][/quote]You're right...Bent is a busy fool PageA
  • Score: 0

12:07pm Thu 8 May 14

tojahejome says...

What's the problem, if he is still a good MP who cares where he lives as long as he is accessible to the people of Warrington. I new that he had moved and I am not a friend or colleague so I don't think he's done it secretly or anything.
What's the problem, if he is still a good MP who cares where he lives as long as he is accessible to the people of Warrington. I new that he had moved and I am not a friend or colleague so I don't think he's done it secretly or anything. tojahejome
  • Score: 0

2:17pm Thu 8 May 14

TherealLB says...

Nick Bent's profile on the Labour page quickly deals with the inconvenient truth that he's not a local by stating he comes from 'Nearby Altrincham' before banging on about the fact he uses Sankey station in the morning to go to work.
Chapelford is over 20 miles from Altrincham!
I put this to him in a tweet. No reply. Funny that....
Nick Bent's profile on the Labour page quickly deals with the inconvenient truth that he's not a local by stating he comes from 'Nearby Altrincham' before banging on about the fact he uses Sankey station in the morning to go to work. Chapelford is over 20 miles from Altrincham! I put this to him in a tweet. No reply. Funny that.... TherealLB
  • Score: -1

9:38pm Thu 8 May 14

Lymm Reader says...

TherealLB wrote:
Nick Bent's profile on the Labour page quickly deals with the inconvenient truth that he's not a local by stating he comes from 'Nearby Altrincham' before banging on about the fact he uses Sankey station in the morning to go to work.
Chapelford is over 20 miles from Altrincham!
I put this to him in a tweet. No reply. Funny that....
Yeah, but the inconvenient truth for you is that Nick Bent does actually live in Warrington, not Macclesfield. And if you look again on the same Labour website (careful, it may burn your eyes), you'll find a list of all the missed opportunities that Mowat has had to stand up for Warrington and its hard working residents. I'm sure he's a nice bloke but he's not done much for the Town. 'Better broadband in Chapelford' is all very nice but thousands of people used the Warrington Foodbank last year. Yes, thousands. And why didn't he put up a fight for the NWDA? And why did he vote for a health bill that could see Warrington Hospital under threat? And now he's moved out.
[quote][p][bold]TherealLB[/bold] wrote: Nick Bent's profile on the Labour page quickly deals with the inconvenient truth that he's not a local by stating he comes from 'Nearby Altrincham' before banging on about the fact he uses Sankey station in the morning to go to work. Chapelford is over 20 miles from Altrincham! I put this to him in a tweet. No reply. Funny that....[/p][/quote]Yeah, but the inconvenient truth for you is that Nick Bent does actually live in Warrington, not Macclesfield. And if you look again on the same Labour website (careful, it may burn your eyes), you'll find a list of all the missed opportunities that Mowat has had to stand up for Warrington and its hard working residents. I'm sure he's a nice bloke but he's not done much for the Town. 'Better broadband in Chapelford' is all very nice but thousands of people used the Warrington Foodbank last year. Yes, thousands. And why didn't he put up a fight for the NWDA? And why did he vote for a health bill that could see Warrington Hospital under threat? And now he's moved out. Lymm Reader
  • Score: 0

7:21am Fri 9 May 14

PageA says...

Lymm Reader wrote:
TherealLB wrote:
Nick Bent's profile on the Labour page quickly deals with the inconvenient truth that he's not a local by stating he comes from 'Nearby Altrincham' before banging on about the fact he uses Sankey station in the morning to go to work.
Chapelford is over 20 miles from Altrincham!
I put this to him in a tweet. No reply. Funny that....
Yeah, but the inconvenient truth for you is that Nick Bent does actually live in Warrington, not Macclesfield. And if you look again on the same Labour website (careful, it may burn your eyes), you'll find a list of all the missed opportunities that Mowat has had to stand up for Warrington and its hard working residents. I'm sure he's a nice bloke but he's not done much for the Town. 'Better broadband in Chapelford' is all very nice but thousands of people used the Warrington Foodbank last year. Yes, thousands. And why didn't he put up a fight for the NWDA? And why did he vote for a health bill that could see Warrington Hospital under threat? And now he's moved out.
'And why didn't he put up a fight for the NWDA?"
Maybe it was the office they had in a Californian surf paradise or the homophobic texts made by the chief executive..or the taxi rides to rugby matches that soured it for him
[quote][p][bold]Lymm Reader[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TherealLB[/bold] wrote: Nick Bent's profile on the Labour page quickly deals with the inconvenient truth that he's not a local by stating he comes from 'Nearby Altrincham' before banging on about the fact he uses Sankey station in the morning to go to work. Chapelford is over 20 miles from Altrincham! I put this to him in a tweet. No reply. Funny that....[/p][/quote]Yeah, but the inconvenient truth for you is that Nick Bent does actually live in Warrington, not Macclesfield. And if you look again on the same Labour website (careful, it may burn your eyes), you'll find a list of all the missed opportunities that Mowat has had to stand up for Warrington and its hard working residents. I'm sure he's a nice bloke but he's not done much for the Town. 'Better broadband in Chapelford' is all very nice but thousands of people used the Warrington Foodbank last year. Yes, thousands. And why didn't he put up a fight for the NWDA? And why did he vote for a health bill that could see Warrington Hospital under threat? And now he's moved out.[/p][/quote]'And why didn't he put up a fight for the NWDA?" Maybe it was the office they had in a Californian surf paradise or the homophobic texts made by the chief executive..or the taxi rides to rugby matches that soured it for him PageA
  • Score: 0

9:53am Fri 9 May 14

Lymm Reader says...

PageA wrote:
Lymm Reader wrote:
TherealLB wrote:
Nick Bent's profile on the Labour page quickly deals with the inconvenient truth that he's not a local by stating he comes from 'Nearby Altrincham' before banging on about the fact he uses Sankey station in the morning to go to work.
Chapelford is over 20 miles from Altrincham!
I put this to him in a tweet. No reply. Funny that....
Yeah, but the inconvenient truth for you is that Nick Bent does actually live in Warrington, not Macclesfield. And if you look again on the same Labour website (careful, it may burn your eyes), you'll find a list of all the missed opportunities that Mowat has had to stand up for Warrington and its hard working residents. I'm sure he's a nice bloke but he's not done much for the Town. 'Better broadband in Chapelford' is all very nice but thousands of people used the Warrington Foodbank last year. Yes, thousands. And why didn't he put up a fight for the NWDA? And why did he vote for a health bill that could see Warrington Hospital under threat? And now he's moved out.
'And why didn't he put up a fight for the NWDA?"
Maybe it was the office they had in a Californian surf paradise or the homophobic texts made by the chief executive..or the taxi rides to rugby matches that soured it for him
Maybe. Or maybe his Westminster buddies said: "jump" and he said: "how high?" Who knows? But none of these reasons have anything to do with supporting the economic prosperity of Warrington or the North West as a very important manufacturing region.
[quote][p][bold]PageA[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lymm Reader[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TherealLB[/bold] wrote: Nick Bent's profile on the Labour page quickly deals with the inconvenient truth that he's not a local by stating he comes from 'Nearby Altrincham' before banging on about the fact he uses Sankey station in the morning to go to work. Chapelford is over 20 miles from Altrincham! I put this to him in a tweet. No reply. Funny that....[/p][/quote]Yeah, but the inconvenient truth for you is that Nick Bent does actually live in Warrington, not Macclesfield. And if you look again on the same Labour website (careful, it may burn your eyes), you'll find a list of all the missed opportunities that Mowat has had to stand up for Warrington and its hard working residents. I'm sure he's a nice bloke but he's not done much for the Town. 'Better broadband in Chapelford' is all very nice but thousands of people used the Warrington Foodbank last year. Yes, thousands. And why didn't he put up a fight for the NWDA? And why did he vote for a health bill that could see Warrington Hospital under threat? And now he's moved out.[/p][/quote]'And why didn't he put up a fight for the NWDA?" Maybe it was the office they had in a Californian surf paradise or the homophobic texts made by the chief executive..or the taxi rides to rugby matches that soured it for him[/p][/quote]Maybe. Or maybe his Westminster buddies said: "jump" and he said: "how high?" Who knows? But none of these reasons have anything to do with supporting the economic prosperity of Warrington or the North West as a very important manufacturing region. Lymm Reader
  • Score: 2

4:11pm Fri 9 May 14

PageA says...

Lymm Reader wrote:
PageA wrote:
Lymm Reader wrote:
TherealLB wrote:
Nick Bent's profile on the Labour page quickly deals with the inconvenient truth that he's not a local by stating he comes from 'Nearby Altrincham' before banging on about the fact he uses Sankey station in the morning to go to work.
Chapelford is over 20 miles from Altrincham!
I put this to him in a tweet. No reply. Funny that....
Yeah, but the inconvenient truth for you is that Nick Bent does actually live in Warrington, not Macclesfield. And if you look again on the same Labour website (careful, it may burn your eyes), you'll find a list of all the missed opportunities that Mowat has had to stand up for Warrington and its hard working residents. I'm sure he's a nice bloke but he's not done much for the Town. 'Better broadband in Chapelford' is all very nice but thousands of people used the Warrington Foodbank last year. Yes, thousands. And why didn't he put up a fight for the NWDA? And why did he vote for a health bill that could see Warrington Hospital under threat? And now he's moved out.
'And why didn't he put up a fight for the NWDA?"
Maybe it was the office they had in a Californian surf paradise or the homophobic texts made by the chief executive..or the taxi rides to rugby matches that soured it for him
Maybe. Or maybe his Westminster buddies said: "jump" and he said: "how high?" Who knows? But none of these reasons have anything to do with supporting the economic prosperity of Warrington or the North West as a very important manufacturing region.
Funny that what you say completely conflicts with the local Labour Party's claims that Warrington is booming. Which is it to be..things are good or things are bad? Did it really all go wrong following the closure of the NWDA? Why dont I read that in here?
[quote][p][bold]Lymm Reader[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]PageA[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lymm Reader[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TherealLB[/bold] wrote: Nick Bent's profile on the Labour page quickly deals with the inconvenient truth that he's not a local by stating he comes from 'Nearby Altrincham' before banging on about the fact he uses Sankey station in the morning to go to work. Chapelford is over 20 miles from Altrincham! I put this to him in a tweet. No reply. Funny that....[/p][/quote]Yeah, but the inconvenient truth for you is that Nick Bent does actually live in Warrington, not Macclesfield. And if you look again on the same Labour website (careful, it may burn your eyes), you'll find a list of all the missed opportunities that Mowat has had to stand up for Warrington and its hard working residents. I'm sure he's a nice bloke but he's not done much for the Town. 'Better broadband in Chapelford' is all very nice but thousands of people used the Warrington Foodbank last year. Yes, thousands. And why didn't he put up a fight for the NWDA? And why did he vote for a health bill that could see Warrington Hospital under threat? And now he's moved out.[/p][/quote]'And why didn't he put up a fight for the NWDA?" Maybe it was the office they had in a Californian surf paradise or the homophobic texts made by the chief executive..or the taxi rides to rugby matches that soured it for him[/p][/quote]Maybe. Or maybe his Westminster buddies said: "jump" and he said: "how high?" Who knows? But none of these reasons have anything to do with supporting the economic prosperity of Warrington or the North West as a very important manufacturing region.[/p][/quote]Funny that what you say completely conflicts with the local Labour Party's claims that Warrington is booming. Which is it to be..things are good or things are bad? Did it really all go wrong following the closure of the NWDA? Why dont I read that in here? PageA
  • Score: -1

10:53am Sat 10 May 14

ChristoB says...

Mowat is doing an excellent job for his constituents and this is what matters. Bent is just out to make yet another cheap political point - which is all Labour are capable of doing these days. The voters will judge on substance and commitment to the job and Mowat will win hands down on this basis. Surely ha wasn't expected to take out a full page advert to announce his new address.
Mowat is doing an excellent job for his constituents and this is what matters. Bent is just out to make yet another cheap political point - which is all Labour are capable of doing these days. The voters will judge on substance and commitment to the job and Mowat will win hands down on this basis. Surely ha wasn't expected to take out a full page advert to announce his new address. ChristoB
  • Score: 5

5:42pm Sat 10 May 14

Kingsmill says...

garywar50 wrote:
IVE done!! 200 jobs via a job club IVE set up in 5 years!! 850 attendees at a job fair and 1000 advise surgeries!...nit much to brag about ya clown especially when alot of yhese jobs YOUVe created are dead end jobs in out sourcing companies that have taken proper jobs and proper wages from Warringtonians
Pathetic results Mr Moffat
I notice that you omit your supporting fracking in Warrington and have moved away from the area you have doomed to the devastation that industry will make to residents and local business,
As one of the 200 helped into employment by his Job Club, I can vouch that he personally took the time to support my job search after I endured 12 months of unemployment, and that - far from being in a low paid outsourced job, I'm in a permanent role earning my highest ever salary. This would not have happened without his personal support. Personally, I couldn't give a stuff where he lives - he's proved to me that cares for and wants to help his constituents.
[quote][p][bold]garywar50[/bold] wrote: IVE done!! 200 jobs via a job club IVE set up in 5 years!! 850 attendees at a job fair and 1000 advise surgeries!...nit much to brag about ya clown especially when alot of yhese jobs YOUVe created are dead end jobs in out sourcing companies that have taken proper jobs and proper wages from Warringtonians Pathetic results Mr Moffat I notice that you omit your supporting fracking in Warrington and have moved away from the area you have doomed to the devastation that industry will make to residents and local business,[/p][/quote]As one of the 200 helped into employment by his Job Club, I can vouch that he personally took the time to support my job search after I endured 12 months of unemployment, and that - far from being in a low paid outsourced job, I'm in a permanent role earning my highest ever salary. This would not have happened without his personal support. Personally, I couldn't give a stuff where he lives - he's proved to me that cares for and wants to help his constituents. Kingsmill
  • Score: 1

9:23pm Sun 11 May 14

Rowdie says...

Nick Tessla wrote:
Going before he loses his seat - can't blame the chap.
If that's the case why don't you join him?
[quote][p][bold]Nick Tessla[/bold] wrote: Going before he loses his seat - can't blame the chap.[/p][/quote]If that's the case why don't you join him? Rowdie
  • Score: 1

9:37pm Sun 11 May 14

Rowdie says...

Nick Tessla wrote:
Reader wrote:
OMG someone has moved house ! Macclesfield is only 40 mins away and it can take that long to drive from South Warrington to Westbrook when the traffic in town is bad. Can't be doing with politician types who are always in the press moaning about what their rivals are up to. I'd much rather about read what they themselves are actually doing (if anything). Zzzzzz.
Comparing apples to oranges in your journey times - yes it might take as long to get from South Warrington to Westbrook, on a bad day (but as that is not in his constituency is a bit irrelevant) but it could also take a **** site longer than 40 minutes to get to South Warrington from Macclesfield.

There is a world of difference between someone who happens to live outside the area becoming an MP and someone who has been living here then moving out.

Perhaps the W Guardian could actually give Mr Mowat the chance to explain why he can't stand living in his constituency - seems only fair.
So what happens when they spend time down in London......or is that a bit too far.?

Labour as ever will try to make political slurs just about on anything. I wonder how many workers or Area managers in the private sector or anywhere else would be ridiculed for living just over half an hour away from 'their patch'. Do these Labour lot realize how stupid they are becoming in trying to attack the opposition on issues other than policies.....I know they don't have too many of them.;...the latest resorting to ridicule is the disastrous PB of Clegg and then the basket of groceries, where they ask how much everyone has paid in VAT on them.? God help us if they get around to putting VAT on groceries.
They are looking more and more like the idiots they are!
[quote][p][bold]Nick Tessla[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Reader[/bold] wrote: OMG someone has moved house ! Macclesfield is only 40 mins away and it can take that long to drive from South Warrington to Westbrook when the traffic in town is bad. Can't be doing with politician types who are always in the press moaning about what their rivals are up to. I'd much rather about read what they themselves are actually doing (if anything). Zzzzzz.[/p][/quote]Comparing apples to oranges in your journey times - yes it might take as long to get from South Warrington to Westbrook, on a bad day (but as that is not in his constituency is a bit irrelevant) but it could also take a **** site longer than 40 minutes to get to South Warrington from Macclesfield. There is a world of difference between someone who happens to live outside the area becoming an MP and someone who has been living here then moving out. Perhaps the W Guardian could actually give Mr Mowat the chance to explain why he can't stand living in his constituency - seems only fair.[/p][/quote]So what happens when they spend time down in London......or is that a bit too far.? Labour as ever will try to make political slurs just about on anything. I wonder how many workers or Area managers in the private sector or anywhere else would be ridiculed for living just over half an hour away from 'their patch'. Do these Labour lot realize how stupid they are becoming in trying to attack the opposition on issues other than policies.....I know they don't have too many of them.;...the latest resorting to ridicule is the disastrous PB of Clegg and then the basket of groceries, where they ask how much everyone has paid in VAT on them.? God help us if they get around to putting VAT on groceries. They are looking more and more like the idiots they are! Rowdie
  • Score: 1

9:43pm Sun 11 May 14

Rowdie says...

Nick Tessla wrote:
Reader wrote:
OMG someone has moved house ! Macclesfield is only 40 mins away and it can take that long to drive from South Warrington to Westbrook when the traffic in town is bad. Can't be doing with politician types who are always in the press moaning about what their rivals are up to. I'd much rather about read what they themselves are actually doing (if anything). Zzzzzz.
Comparing apples to oranges in your journey times - yes it might take as long to get from South Warrington to Westbrook, on a bad day (but as that is not in his constituency is a bit irrelevant) but it could also take a **** site longer than 40 minutes to get to South Warrington from Macclesfield.

There is a world of difference between someone who happens to live outside the area becoming an MP and someone who has been living here then moving out.

Perhaps the W Guardian could actually give Mr Mowat the chance to explain why he can't stand living in his constituency - seems only fair.
Can you remember where Nick Bent comes from and how long he he has been living in Warrington? Will he still remain here if he doesn't get elected ?
No doubt some of the electors would like to know ?
[quote][p][bold]Nick Tessla[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Reader[/bold] wrote: OMG someone has moved house ! Macclesfield is only 40 mins away and it can take that long to drive from South Warrington to Westbrook when the traffic in town is bad. Can't be doing with politician types who are always in the press moaning about what their rivals are up to. I'd much rather about read what they themselves are actually doing (if anything). Zzzzzz.[/p][/quote]Comparing apples to oranges in your journey times - yes it might take as long to get from South Warrington to Westbrook, on a bad day (but as that is not in his constituency is a bit irrelevant) but it could also take a **** site longer than 40 minutes to get to South Warrington from Macclesfield. There is a world of difference between someone who happens to live outside the area becoming an MP and someone who has been living here then moving out. Perhaps the W Guardian could actually give Mr Mowat the chance to explain why he can't stand living in his constituency - seems only fair.[/p][/quote]Can you remember where Nick Bent comes from and how long he he has been living in Warrington? Will he still remain here if he doesn't get elected ? No doubt some of the electors would like to know ? Rowdie
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree