UPDATED: Gareth Jones jailed today at Liverpool Crown Court for fatal crash at 'boy racer club'

Gareth Jones

Jack Bellis

The police picture of him

First published in News
Last updated

A HIGHLY-trained driver for the Army maintains that he did not do anything wrong despite being jailed for 15 months for killing Padgate teenager Jack Bellis in a crash at a ‘boy racer club’.

Gareth David Owen Jones, aged 23, of Cradley, Widnes, was sentenced on Thursday, at Liverpool Crown Court.

Jones was found guilty of causing death by careless or inconsiderate driving at Chester Crown Court on March 26.

The 19-year-old motorcyclist was killed in the crash at a 'car cruising club' next to an industrial estate off Warrington Road in Runcorn, organised on Facebook, on October 14, 2012.

Witnesses reported seeing cars in 'rolling races', travelling at speeds estimated to be up to 130mph in the 40mph zone.

Prosecuting Peter Hussey said: “The defendant was spoken to after the incident and he gave his account in interview.

“He maintains his driving was not dangerous and expressed remorse for the passing of Jack Bellis.”

But Judge Thomas Teague QC disagreed that this was the case and said he had only shown ‘regret’ following the death of Mr Bellis.

He added: “Remorse implies taking responsibility and there has not been any.”

The court heard how the Bellis family has struggled to come to terms with the death of Mr Bellis.

He was described by his parents Kimberly and Andrew Bellis as being his ‘dad’s right-hand man’ who ‘always looked out for his sister’.

But the court heard how Jones, who has served in Afghanistan twice, did not see the bike when he began the manoeuvre and had been travelling at relatively low speeds at that time.

It was alleged by Jones’ defence team that he had cooperated with police despite lying to them that his girlfriend was in the car with him when he was interviewed.

Defending, Geoff Whelan said: “The defendant believes he did not do anything wrong but the jury tried the defendant and he was found guilty of causing death by careless or inconsiderate driving.

“He knows that if he was not there that evening the accident would not have happened. The accident has had a serious effect on Mr Jones. Drink was an issue in the month after the incident as a coping mechanism.”

Summing up, Judge Teague said: “The meeting you attended on that evening was an illegal one. You knew it was illegal because the police had moved you on from at least one other location on that night.

“There is no clear evidence to suggest that you participated with the racing but you were driving at speeds in excess of the limit and you were doing so to show off.”

He continued: “You did not indicate. I’m sure of that. You also maintain that you did not see him but you should have done.

“Never the less, it is my view that it fell just short of dangerous driving.”

Judge Teague said that some witnesses had shown ‘disrespect’ to Mr Bellis after lying on oath during the trial. 

Judge Teague concluded: “Jack Bellis was 19 years of age and had his full life ahead of him. He came from an excellent home and a loving family.”

Jones, who was also disqualified from driving for three years, remained impassive as he was sentenced and was led away to the cells.

 

SPEAKING after the sentencing, Sergeant Neil Farnworth, of the roads policing team, said this sentence should send out a strong message.

He said: "Today's sentence is the conclusion of a lengthy and thorough investigation into the tragic death of Jack Bellis.

"Our thoughts are with Jack's family and friends, and I hope this can bring some form of closure to them. I would like to thank all those involved in this case who worked tirelessly to bring about this result.

"This sentence should send out a very strong message to people that anti-social, dangerous and careless driving will not be tolerated by Cheshire Police, and we will prosecute those involved."

Comments (24)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:46pm Thu 17 Apr 14

Debz21 says...

Absolutely disgusting! 15 months and the killer won't serve all of that time. He should have got at least 10 years.
Absolutely disgusting! 15 months and the killer won't serve all of that time. He should have got at least 10 years. Debz21
  • Score: -3

1:46pm Thu 17 Apr 14

Geordie1970 says...

Debz21 wrote:
Absolutely disgusting! 15 months and the killer won't serve all of that time. He should have got at least 10 years.
Ten years? Are you sure? Death by careless or inconsiderate driving carries a maximum sentence of five years.
[quote][p][bold]Debz21[/bold] wrote: Absolutely disgusting! 15 months and the killer won't serve all of that time. He should have got at least 10 years.[/p][/quote]Ten years? Are you sure? Death by careless or inconsiderate driving carries a maximum sentence of five years. Geordie1970
  • Score: 1

2:43pm Thu 17 Apr 14

fedster says...

Debz21 wrote:
Absolutely disgusting! 15 months and the killer won't serve all of that time. He should have got at least 10 years.
but the thing is debz21 if neither of them where breaking the law then theres a good chance this wouldnt have happened.

i hate to sound crass but the amount of these events that take place needs clamping down on
[quote][p][bold]Debz21[/bold] wrote: Absolutely disgusting! 15 months and the killer won't serve all of that time. He should have got at least 10 years.[/p][/quote]but the thing is debz21 if neither of them where breaking the law then theres a good chance this wouldnt have happened. i hate to sound crass but the amount of these events that take place needs clamping down on fedster
  • Score: 7

3:18pm Thu 17 Apr 14

Paul9994 says...

And the person that killed my wife on a more serious charge, got a suspended sentence
And the person that killed my wife on a more serious charge, got a suspended sentence Paul9994
  • Score: 12

5:33pm Thu 17 Apr 14

Dave Wessex says...

To be fair the reason he only got 15 months was the mitigating factor that the prosecution admitted the other driver who was killed had been driving at high speeds and was therefore partly to blame as well. No-one has won today, a life has been lost and another life ruined.
To be fair the reason he only got 15 months was the mitigating factor that the prosecution admitted the other driver who was killed had been driving at high speeds and was therefore partly to blame as well. No-one has won today, a life has been lost and another life ruined. Dave Wessex
  • Score: 12

7:18pm Thu 17 Apr 14

Lucky Thirteen says...

Personally I think all of you pipe down, you was not there, you did not see what happened that night, and Gaz was not in the wrong, just because a jury say he was does not mean that he was in the wrong, not get off your high horses and get back too watching eastenders or something
Personally I think all of you pipe down, you was not there, you did not see what happened that night, and Gaz was not in the wrong, just because a jury say he was does not mean that he was in the wrong, not get off your high horses and get back too watching eastenders or something Lucky Thirteen
  • Score: -15

7:22pm Thu 17 Apr 14

Lucky Thirteen says...

Personally I think you should all pipe down, you was not there on the night, and just because a Jury come up with a verdict of guilty does not mean that he is guilty, he was not in the wrong that night at all and im not afraid to say it, yes Jack was a nice lad, but so is Gareth, accidents happen and that is all it was a freak accident, so get off your computer chairs wind ya necks in and go watch eastenders or something ya nuggets, your all bang out of order, and if you was there on the night you would know exactly what happened and who "actually" was in the wrong ;)
Personally I think you should all pipe down, you was not there on the night, and just because a Jury come up with a verdict of guilty does not mean that he is guilty, he was not in the wrong that night at all and im not afraid to say it, yes Jack was a nice lad, but so is Gareth, accidents happen and that is all it was a freak accident, so get off your computer chairs wind ya necks in and go watch eastenders or something ya nuggets, your all bang out of order, and if you was there on the night you would know exactly what happened and who "actually" was in the wrong ;) Lucky Thirteen
  • Score: -10

10:24pm Thu 17 Apr 14

fedster says...

Lucky Thirteen wrote:
Personally I think you should all pipe down, you was not there on the night, and just because a Jury come up with a verdict of guilty does not mean that he is guilty, he was not in the wrong that night at all and im not afraid to say it, yes Jack was a nice lad, but so is Gareth, accidents happen and that is all it was a freak accident, so get off your computer chairs wind ya necks in and go watch eastenders or something ya nuggets, your all bang out of order, and if you was there on the night you would know exactly what happened and who "actually" was in the wrong ;)
you said
""and just because a Jury come up with a verdict of guilty does not mean that he is guilty, he was not in the wrong that night at all and im not afraid to say it, yes Jack was a nice lad, but so is Gareth, accidents happen and that is all it was a freak accident, ""


both where in the wrong, as street racing is illegal

yes its tragic that both had to suffer but alas if they wouldn't have been there speeding/racing then it wouldn't have happened.

so whos fault is it ?
[quote][p][bold]Lucky Thirteen[/bold] wrote: Personally I think you should all pipe down, you was not there on the night, and just because a Jury come up with a verdict of guilty does not mean that he is guilty, he was not in the wrong that night at all and im not afraid to say it, yes Jack was a nice lad, but so is Gareth, accidents happen and that is all it was a freak accident, so get off your computer chairs wind ya necks in and go watch eastenders or something ya nuggets, your all bang out of order, and if you was there on the night you would know exactly what happened and who "actually" was in the wrong ;)[/p][/quote]you said ""and just because a Jury come up with a verdict of guilty does not mean that he is guilty, he was not in the wrong that night at all and im not afraid to say it, yes Jack was a nice lad, but so is Gareth, accidents happen and that is all it was a freak accident, "" both where in the wrong, as street racing is illegal yes its tragic that both had to suffer but alas if they wouldn't have been there speeding/racing then it wouldn't have happened. so whos fault is it ? fedster
  • Score: 11

11:03pm Thu 17 Apr 14

Geordie1970 says...

Lucky Thirteen wrote:
Personally I think you should all pipe down, you was not there on the night, and just because a Jury come up with a verdict of guilty does not mean that he is guilty, he was not in the wrong that night at all and im not afraid to say it, yes Jack was a nice lad, but so is Gareth, accidents happen and that is all it was a freak accident, so get off your computer chairs wind ya necks in and go watch eastenders or something ya nuggets, your all bang out of order, and if you was there on the night you would know exactly what happened and who "actually" was in the wrong ;)
"just because a Jury come up with a verdict of guilty does not mean that he is guilty"

Er, that's kind of how it works.

"accidents happen and that is all it was a freak accident"

caused by dangerous driving. That's why he got 15 months.

I'm sure he is a nice lad. You'll find lots of people who end up inside are. Nice people do stupid things too.
[quote][p][bold]Lucky Thirteen[/bold] wrote: Personally I think you should all pipe down, you was not there on the night, and just because a Jury come up with a verdict of guilty does not mean that he is guilty, he was not in the wrong that night at all and im not afraid to say it, yes Jack was a nice lad, but so is Gareth, accidents happen and that is all it was a freak accident, so get off your computer chairs wind ya necks in and go watch eastenders or something ya nuggets, your all bang out of order, and if you was there on the night you would know exactly what happened and who "actually" was in the wrong ;)[/p][/quote]"just because a Jury come up with a verdict of guilty does not mean that he is guilty" Er, that's kind of how it works. "accidents happen and that is all it was a freak accident" caused by dangerous driving. That's why he got 15 months. I'm sure he is a nice lad. You'll find lots of people who end up inside are. Nice people do stupid things too. Geordie1970
  • Score: 8

11:21pm Thu 17 Apr 14

Lucky Thirteen says...

Geordie1970 wrote:
Lucky Thirteen wrote:
Personally I think you should all pipe down, you was not there on the night, and just because a Jury come up with a verdict of guilty does not mean that he is guilty, he was not in the wrong that night at all and im not afraid to say it, yes Jack was a nice lad, but so is Gareth, accidents happen and that is all it was a freak accident, so get off your computer chairs wind ya necks in and go watch eastenders or something ya nuggets, your all bang out of order, and if you was there on the night you would know exactly what happened and who "actually" was in the wrong ;)
"just because a Jury come up with a verdict of guilty does not mean that he is guilty"

Er, that's kind of how it works.

"accidents happen and that is all it was a freak accident"

caused by dangerous driving. That's why he got 15 months.

I'm sure he is a nice lad. You'll find lots of people who end up inside are. Nice people do stupid things too.
none of you was there thats whats so funny about it, you think its appropriate to come on here and go all Keyboard warrior haha, but none of you know the facts, all you know is **** stories that have been passed about and **** that the papers write.

oh and ill think you will find he got 15 months for careless driving not dangerous, again get your facts right its wrote right in front of you.
[quote][p][bold]Geordie1970[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lucky Thirteen[/bold] wrote: Personally I think you should all pipe down, you was not there on the night, and just because a Jury come up with a verdict of guilty does not mean that he is guilty, he was not in the wrong that night at all and im not afraid to say it, yes Jack was a nice lad, but so is Gareth, accidents happen and that is all it was a freak accident, so get off your computer chairs wind ya necks in and go watch eastenders or something ya nuggets, your all bang out of order, and if you was there on the night you would know exactly what happened and who "actually" was in the wrong ;)[/p][/quote]"just because a Jury come up with a verdict of guilty does not mean that he is guilty" Er, that's kind of how it works. "accidents happen and that is all it was a freak accident" caused by dangerous driving. That's why he got 15 months. I'm sure he is a nice lad. You'll find lots of people who end up inside are. Nice people do stupid things too.[/p][/quote]none of you was there thats whats so funny about it, you think its appropriate to come on here and go all Keyboard warrior haha, but none of you know the facts, all you know is **** stories that have been passed about and **** that the papers write. oh and ill think you will find he got 15 months for careless driving not dangerous, again get your facts right its wrote right in front of you. Lucky Thirteen
  • Score: -11

11:28pm Thu 17 Apr 14

local man says...

So if anyone who was there would like to let everyone know what really went on, i'm sure we'd be very interested. As long as its wrote right in front of us:)
So if anyone who was there would like to let everyone know what really went on, i'm sure we'd be very interested. As long as its wrote right in front of us:) local man
  • Score: 6

11:32pm Thu 17 Apr 14

Lucky Thirteen says...

I was there, incase ya already havent guessed, but im not going to go into it iv had enough of that, but what is done is done, it was an accident but what im getting at is all these people piping up saying Gareth deserves what he got and should of got more, if you dont know what happened and should just shut up.

End of the day 1 poor lad lost his life and anothers is ruined, leave it at that, if ya was not there, keep your thoughts and opinions to yourself
I was there, incase ya already havent guessed, but im not going to go into it iv had enough of that, but what is done is done, it was an accident but what im getting at is all these people piping up saying Gareth deserves what he got and should of got more, if you dont know what happened and should just shut up. End of the day 1 poor lad lost his life and anothers is ruined, leave it at that, if ya was not there, keep your thoughts and opinions to yourself Lucky Thirteen
  • Score: -7

8:19am Fri 18 Apr 14

the equaliser says...

Lucky Thirteen wrote:
Personally I think you should all pipe down, you was not there on the night, and just because a Jury come up with a verdict of guilty does not mean that he is guilty, he was not in the wrong that night at all and im not afraid to say it, yes Jack was a nice lad, but so is Gareth, accidents happen and that is all it was a freak accident, so get off your computer chairs wind ya necks in and go watch eastenders or something ya nuggets, your all bang out of order, and if you was there on the night you would know exactly what happened and who "actually" was in the wrong ;)
Think you are totally missing the point here Lucky 13. When any serious incident occurs the authorities (who uphold our laws for our society) are responsible for establishing the facts. That is what the subsequent investigations and court actions are there to do. Lots of statements (including one from you I guess?) will have been considered and there may well be contradictory eye witness accounts. If you are saying that things happened differently and the outcome of the proceedings is wrong then this is because your contradictory evidence is outweighed by other evidence some of which will be physical and some will be other eye witness account . Our 'trial by jury' system is one of the most robust legal systems in the world and (aside from sentencing inconsistencies) we have a legal system to be proud of.
The outcome of the coroners hearings and court trial is a matter of public record and is such for a good reasons. The verdict is a clear statement that is the view of a society which we are all part of and not one persons opinion. Your view of what happened that night is merely your opinion and if it inconsistent with what the verdict that it is you who should "wind ya neck in" and accept that the trained investigators, the courts and a jury have done their jobs properly and done right not only by the deceased and his family but also the general public.
[quote][p][bold]Lucky Thirteen[/bold] wrote: Personally I think you should all pipe down, you was not there on the night, and just because a Jury come up with a verdict of guilty does not mean that he is guilty, he was not in the wrong that night at all and im not afraid to say it, yes Jack was a nice lad, but so is Gareth, accidents happen and that is all it was a freak accident, so get off your computer chairs wind ya necks in and go watch eastenders or something ya nuggets, your all bang out of order, and if you was there on the night you would know exactly what happened and who "actually" was in the wrong ;)[/p][/quote]Think you are totally missing the point here Lucky 13. When any serious incident occurs the authorities (who uphold our laws for our society) are responsible for establishing the facts. That is what the subsequent investigations and court actions are there to do. Lots of statements (including one from you I guess?) will have been considered and there may well be contradictory eye witness accounts. If you are saying that things happened differently and the outcome of the proceedings is wrong then this is because your contradictory evidence is outweighed by other evidence some of which will be physical and some will be other eye witness account . Our 'trial by jury' system is one of the most robust legal systems in the world and (aside from sentencing inconsistencies) we have a legal system to be proud of. The outcome of the coroners hearings and court trial is a matter of public record and is such for a good reasons. The verdict is a clear statement that is the view of a society which we are all part of and not one persons opinion. Your view of what happened that night is merely your opinion and if it inconsistent with what the verdict that it is you who should "wind ya neck in" and accept that the trained investigators, the courts and a jury have done their jobs properly and done right not only by the deceased and his family but also the general public. the equaliser
  • Score: 14

8:34am Fri 18 Apr 14

GRUMPY PARENT says...

Lucky Thirteen wrote:
I was there, incase ya already havent guessed, but im not going to go into it iv had enough of that, but what is done is done, it was an accident but what im getting at is all these people piping up saying Gareth deserves what he got and should of got more, if you dont know what happened and should just shut up.

End of the day 1 poor lad lost his life and anothers is ruined, leave it at that, if ya was not there, keep your thoughts and opinions to yourself
Unfortunately for you we live in a democracy and as such we are entitled to freedom of speech and our own opinion. Personally I believe that all who were present at this illegal event should face charges for aiding and abetting known illegal activity. Yes that means you, who seams to think you are above all who comment as "you was there". As with all illegal activity you take the risks so be prepared to face the consequences.
[quote][p][bold]Lucky Thirteen[/bold] wrote: I was there, incase ya already havent guessed, but im not going to go into it iv had enough of that, but what is done is done, it was an accident but what im getting at is all these people piping up saying Gareth deserves what he got and should of got more, if you dont know what happened and should just shut up. End of the day 1 poor lad lost his life and anothers is ruined, leave it at that, if ya was not there, keep your thoughts and opinions to yourself[/p][/quote]Unfortunately for you we live in a democracy and as such we are entitled to freedom of speech and our own opinion. Personally I believe that all who were present at this illegal event should face charges for aiding and abetting known illegal activity. Yes that means you, who seams to think you are above all who comment as "you was there". As with all illegal activity you take the risks so be prepared to face the consequences. GRUMPY PARENT
  • Score: 13

12:19pm Fri 18 Apr 14

T1XYL1X says...

GRUMPY PARENT wrote:
Lucky Thirteen wrote:
I was there, incase ya already havent guessed, but im not going to go into it iv had enough of that, but what is done is done, it was an accident but what im getting at is all these people piping up saying Gareth deserves what he got and should of got more, if you dont know what happened and should just shut up.

End of the day 1 poor lad lost his life and anothers is ruined, leave it at that, if ya was not there, keep your thoughts and opinions to yourself
Unfortunately for you we live in a democracy and as such we are entitled to freedom of speech and our own opinion. Personally I believe that all who were present at this illegal event should face charges for aiding and abetting known illegal activity. Yes that means you, who seams to think you are above all who comment as "you was there". As with all illegal activity you take the risks so be prepared to face the consequences.
Agreed. Illegal event. Two participants had an accident. Sounds like unlucky 13 needs to go to the police as he/she know more than the police??
[quote][p][bold]GRUMPY PARENT[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lucky Thirteen[/bold] wrote: I was there, incase ya already havent guessed, but im not going to go into it iv had enough of that, but what is done is done, it was an accident but what im getting at is all these people piping up saying Gareth deserves what he got and should of got more, if you dont know what happened and should just shut up. End of the day 1 poor lad lost his life and anothers is ruined, leave it at that, if ya was not there, keep your thoughts and opinions to yourself[/p][/quote]Unfortunately for you we live in a democracy and as such we are entitled to freedom of speech and our own opinion. Personally I believe that all who were present at this illegal event should face charges for aiding and abetting known illegal activity. Yes that means you, who seams to think you are above all who comment as "you was there". As with all illegal activity you take the risks so be prepared to face the consequences.[/p][/quote]Agreed. Illegal event. Two participants had an accident. Sounds like unlucky 13 needs to go to the police as he/she know more than the police?? T1XYL1X
  • Score: 8

1:33pm Fri 18 Apr 14

fedster says...

tragic accident no ones fault

so mr thirteen tell me if a kid had walked out on your illegal event and been killed would that have just been a tragic accident
NO it would be manslaughter.

seems like your the keyboard warrior who needs to grow up so many people are killed and seriously injured by boy racers and there events each year.
if you want to race pay the price and go to a track day and enjoy it dont go racing down a road where your likely to kill someone.


So maybe you need to take a reality check on your own little sad life.
tragic accident no ones fault so mr thirteen tell me if a kid had walked out on your illegal event and been killed would that have just been a tragic accident NO it would be manslaughter. seems like your the keyboard warrior who needs to grow up so many people are killed and seriously injured by boy racers and there events each year. if you want to race pay the price and go to a track day and enjoy it dont go racing down a road where your likely to kill someone. So maybe you need to take a reality check on your own little sad life. fedster
  • Score: 7

6:30pm Fri 18 Apr 14

GRUMPY PARENT says...

fedster wrote:
tragic accident no ones fault

so mr thirteen tell me if a kid had walked out on your illegal event and been killed would that have just been a tragic accident
NO it would be manslaughter.

seems like your the keyboard warrior who needs to grow up so many people are killed and seriously injured by boy racers and there events each year.
if you want to race pay the price and go to a track day and enjoy it dont go racing down a road where your likely to kill someone.


So maybe you need to take a reality check on your own little sad life.
Won't respond fedster as he/she knows it was illegal what they was doing. I just hope they will try and respond as I will destroy them with me being a "keyboard warrior". Bring it on Lucky Thirteen, I am waiting!.
[quote][p][bold]fedster[/bold] wrote: tragic accident no ones fault so mr thirteen tell me if a kid had walked out on your illegal event and been killed would that have just been a tragic accident NO it would be manslaughter. seems like your the keyboard warrior who needs to grow up so many people are killed and seriously injured by boy racers and there events each year. if you want to race pay the price and go to a track day and enjoy it dont go racing down a road where your likely to kill someone. So maybe you need to take a reality check on your own little sad life.[/p][/quote]Won't respond fedster as he/she knows it was illegal what they was doing. I just hope they will try and respond as I will destroy them with me being a "keyboard warrior". Bring it on Lucky Thirteen, I am waiting!. GRUMPY PARENT
  • Score: 7

6:50pm Fri 18 Apr 14

Lucky Thirteen says...

such a grump guy, why do you have too bring violence into this, i was just stating a point and you all took things to far, my feelings are hurt now :( like i said in a previous comment, i aint going into it no more, ill leave you guys too argue it out and get wound up.

Tarrarrrr x
such a grump guy, why do you have too bring violence into this, i was just stating a point and you all took things to far, my feelings are hurt now :( like i said in a previous comment, i aint going into it no more, ill leave you guys too argue it out and get wound up. Tarrarrrr x Lucky Thirteen
  • Score: -11

3:45pm Sat 19 Apr 14

grey_man says...

Lucky Thirteen wrote:
such a grump guy, why do you have too bring violence into this, i was just stating a point and you all took things to far, my feelings are hurt now :( like i said in a previous comment, i aint going into it no more, ill leave you guys too argue it out and get wound up.

Tarrarrrr x
And this is exactly why this kind of thing will happen again, because people like you believe that doing dangerous and stupid things that kill other people makes it an 'accident'. You say Gareth Jones' life is ruined but it isn't, He'll be out in a year clearly feeling sorry for himself and no wiser.
[quote][p][bold]Lucky Thirteen[/bold] wrote: such a grump guy, why do you have too bring violence into this, i was just stating a point and you all took things to far, my feelings are hurt now :( like i said in a previous comment, i aint going into it no more, ill leave you guys too argue it out and get wound up. Tarrarrrr x[/p][/quote]And this is exactly why this kind of thing will happen again, because people like you believe that doing dangerous and stupid things that kill other people makes it an 'accident'. You say Gareth Jones' life is ruined but it isn't, He'll be out in a year clearly feeling sorry for himself and no wiser. grey_man
  • Score: 5

10:45pm Sat 19 Apr 14

the_watcher says...

Oh lucky13 i must say i am loving your grammar, right i'll 'pipe down now' :-)
Oh lucky13 i must say i am loving your grammar, right i'll 'pipe down now' :-) the_watcher
  • Score: 1

3:24pm Sun 20 Apr 14

GRUMPY PARENT says...

grey_man wrote:
Lucky Thirteen wrote:
such a grump guy, why do you have too bring violence into this, i was just stating a point and you all took things to far, my feelings are hurt now :( like i said in a previous comment, i aint going into it no more, ill leave you guys too argue it out and get wound up.

Tarrarrrr x
And this is exactly why this kind of thing will happen again, because people like you believe that doing dangerous and stupid things that kill other people makes it an 'accident'. You say Gareth Jones' life is ruined but it isn't, He'll be out in a year clearly feeling sorry for himself and no wiser.
He won't even do a year grey_man he will be out within 7 month's at the most. Under three years you do half of the sentence given, less if you are good and apply for tag or parole. Either way his life will not be adversely affected by this tragedy.
[quote][p][bold]grey_man[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lucky Thirteen[/bold] wrote: such a grump guy, why do you have too bring violence into this, i was just stating a point and you all took things to far, my feelings are hurt now :( like i said in a previous comment, i aint going into it no more, ill leave you guys too argue it out and get wound up. Tarrarrrr x[/p][/quote]And this is exactly why this kind of thing will happen again, because people like you believe that doing dangerous and stupid things that kill other people makes it an 'accident'. You say Gareth Jones' life is ruined but it isn't, He'll be out in a year clearly feeling sorry for himself and no wiser.[/p][/quote]He won't even do a year grey_man he will be out within 7 month's at the most. Under three years you do half of the sentence given, less if you are good and apply for tag or parole. Either way his life will not be adversely affected by this tragedy. GRUMPY PARENT
  • Score: 1

7:47pm Tue 22 Apr 14

local man says...

Got to say he photographs really well, the "Just got out of court" shot is a classic.
Got to say he photographs really well, the "Just got out of court" shot is a classic. local man
  • Score: 1

10:03am Thu 24 Apr 14

jones1989 says...

at the end of the day he killed some one accident or not a life for a life !!!!
at the end of the day he killed some one accident or not a life for a life !!!! jones1989
  • Score: -1

3:01pm Thu 24 Apr 14

Geordie1970 says...

jones1989 wrote:
at the end of the day he killed some one accident or not a life for a life !!!!
"A life for a life" We're not living in 33AD you know.
[quote][p][bold]jones1989[/bold] wrote: at the end of the day he killed some one accident or not a life for a life !!!![/p][/quote]"A life for a life" We're not living in 33AD you know. Geordie1970
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree