One man taken to hospital after Bridgefoot car flip

One man in hospital after Bridgefoot car flip

One man in hospital after Bridgefoot car flip

First published in News
Last updated

THIS was the scene after a car appears to have flipped over fencing and on to the pavement at the Bridge Foot roundabout. 

A spokesman from North West Ambulance Service confirmed they were called to the incident at 3.55pm on Saturday. 

Two men had managed to free themselves from the car when paramedics arrived and one was taken to Warrington Hospital via an ambulance. 

The spokesman added his injuries were not thought to be serious. 

A police spokesman said the incident was still being investigated and confirmed no other cars were involved. 

He added: "They were very lucky to come away with minor injuries including a few scratches and if they had not been wearing their seatbelts it could have been much worse."

 

Comments (14)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:36pm Mon 7 Apr 14

GRUMPY PARENT says...

WTF!
WTF! GRUMPY PARENT
  • Score: 3

1:26pm Mon 7 Apr 14

Karlar says...

How old was the driver?
How old was the driver? Karlar
  • Score: -3

1:37pm Mon 7 Apr 14

Nick Tessla says...

Karlar wrote:
How old was the driver?
Why? So you know which type of age related prejudice to use?
[quote][p][bold]Karlar[/bold] wrote: How old was the driver?[/p][/quote]Why? So you know which type of age related prejudice to use? Nick Tessla
  • Score: 11

2:00pm Mon 7 Apr 14

Karlar says...

Nick Tessla wrote:
Karlar wrote:
How old was the driver?
Why? So you know which type of age related prejudice to use?
I never have nor do I hold such prejudices. The question was posed because of the tenor of some postings following the recent and sad death of a lady whose car went through railings, down an bank and into the canal.
[quote][p][bold]Nick Tessla[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Karlar[/bold] wrote: How old was the driver?[/p][/quote]Why? So you know which type of age related prejudice to use?[/p][/quote]I never have nor do I hold such prejudices. The question was posed because of the tenor of some postings following the recent and sad death of a lady whose car went through railings, down an bank and into the canal. Karlar
  • Score: 7

3:05pm Mon 7 Apr 14

GRUMPY PARENT says...

Karlar wrote:
Nick Tessla wrote:
Karlar wrote:
How old was the driver?
Why? So you know which type of age related prejudice to use?
I never have nor do I hold such prejudices. The question was posed because of the tenor of some postings following the recent and sad death of a lady whose car went through railings, down an bank and into the canal.
From what I understand that was more to do with the actual vehicle rather than the drivers ability to drive.
[quote][p][bold]Karlar[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Nick Tessla[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Karlar[/bold] wrote: How old was the driver?[/p][/quote]Why? So you know which type of age related prejudice to use?[/p][/quote]I never have nor do I hold such prejudices. The question was posed because of the tenor of some postings following the recent and sad death of a lady whose car went through railings, down an bank and into the canal.[/p][/quote]From what I understand that was more to do with the actual vehicle rather than the drivers ability to drive. GRUMPY PARENT
  • Score: 5

3:20pm Mon 7 Apr 14

WInwick Pig says...

To get a car over those barriers on that stretch of road up and over the railway line and down to Wilderspool, whoever was driving at whatever age or gender must have been going a little fast?

Quite a feet when you consider how snareld up that section of the A49 is and the number of lights!

Hope they are ok.

Oink :@)
To get a car over those barriers on that stretch of road up and over the railway line and down to Wilderspool, whoever was driving at whatever age or gender must have been going a little fast? Quite a feet when you consider how snareld up that section of the A49 is and the number of lights! Hope they are ok. Oink :@) WInwick Pig
  • Score: 4

3:53pm Mon 7 Apr 14

Nick Tessla says...

WInwick Pig wrote:
To get a car over those barriers on that stretch of road up and over the railway line and down to Wilderspool, whoever was driving at whatever age or gender must have been going a little fast?

Quite a feet when you consider how snareld up that section of the A49 is and the number of lights!

Hope they are ok.

Oink :@)
Would they be big clown feet that mean you can't properly operate the pedals?
[quote][p][bold]WInwick Pig[/bold] wrote: To get a car over those barriers on that stretch of road up and over the railway line and down to Wilderspool, whoever was driving at whatever age or gender must have been going a little fast? Quite a feet when you consider how snareld up that section of the A49 is and the number of lights! Hope they are ok. Oink :@)[/p][/quote]Would they be big clown feet that mean you can't properly operate the pedals? Nick Tessla
  • Score: -6

3:54pm Mon 7 Apr 14

Nick Tessla says...

Karlar wrote:
Nick Tessla wrote:
Karlar wrote:
How old was the driver?
Why? So you know which type of age related prejudice to use?
I never have nor do I hold such prejudices. The question was posed because of the tenor of some postings following the recent and sad death of a lady whose car went through railings, down an bank and into the canal.
My apologies for lumping you in with S********* who likes to stereotype anyone under 25.
[quote][p][bold]Karlar[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Nick Tessla[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Karlar[/bold] wrote: How old was the driver?[/p][/quote]Why? So you know which type of age related prejudice to use?[/p][/quote]I never have nor do I hold such prejudices. The question was posed because of the tenor of some postings following the recent and sad death of a lady whose car went through railings, down an bank and into the canal.[/p][/quote]My apologies for lumping you in with S********* who likes to stereotype anyone under 25. Nick Tessla
  • Score: -2

4:15pm Mon 7 Apr 14

WInwick Pig says...

Nick Tessla wrote:
WInwick Pig wrote:
To get a car over those barriers on that stretch of road up and over the railway line and down to Wilderspool, whoever was driving at whatever age or gender must have been going a little fast?

Quite a feet when you consider how snareld up that section of the A49 is and the number of lights!

Hope they are ok.

Oink :@)
Would they be big clown feet that mean you can't properly operate the pedals?
Nooooooo

That would just be as silly as picking up on people's spelling errors for the sake of wasting 2 minutes replying to a post. ;-)

I am sure 'their' 'they're' 'there' are teaching assistant jobs advertised somewhere on this site. They may even supply the green and red pens.

Oink :@)
[quote][p][bold]Nick Tessla[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]WInwick Pig[/bold] wrote: To get a car over those barriers on that stretch of road up and over the railway line and down to Wilderspool, whoever was driving at whatever age or gender must have been going a little fast? Quite a feet when you consider how snareld up that section of the A49 is and the number of lights! Hope they are ok. Oink :@)[/p][/quote]Would they be big clown feet that mean you can't properly operate the pedals?[/p][/quote]Nooooooo That would just be as silly as picking up on people's spelling errors for the sake of wasting 2 minutes replying to a post. ;-) I am sure 'their' 'they're' 'there' are teaching assistant jobs advertised somewhere on this site. They may even supply the green and red pens. Oink :@) WInwick Pig
  • Score: 0

8:00am Tue 8 Apr 14

PageA says...

WInwick Pig wrote:
Nick Tessla wrote:
WInwick Pig wrote:
To get a car over those barriers on that stretch of road up and over the railway line and down to Wilderspool, whoever was driving at whatever age or gender must have been going a little fast?

Quite a feet when you consider how snareld up that section of the A49 is and the number of lights!

Hope they are ok.

Oink :@)
Would they be big clown feet that mean you can't properly operate the pedals?
Nooooooo

That would just be as silly as picking up on people's spelling errors for the sake of wasting 2 minutes replying to a post. ;-)

I am sure 'their' 'they're' 'there' are teaching assistant jobs advertised somewhere on this site. They may even supply the green and red pens.

Oink :@)
It's important to keep standards high Winwick pig.
[quote][p][bold]WInwick Pig[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Nick Tessla[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]WInwick Pig[/bold] wrote: To get a car over those barriers on that stretch of road up and over the railway line and down to Wilderspool, whoever was driving at whatever age or gender must have been going a little fast? Quite a feet when you consider how snareld up that section of the A49 is and the number of lights! Hope they are ok. Oink :@)[/p][/quote]Would they be big clown feet that mean you can't properly operate the pedals?[/p][/quote]Nooooooo That would just be as silly as picking up on people's spelling errors for the sake of wasting 2 minutes replying to a post. ;-) I am sure 'their' 'they're' 'there' are teaching assistant jobs advertised somewhere on this site. They may even supply the green and red pens. Oink :@)[/p][/quote]It's important to keep standards high Winwick pig. PageA
  • Score: 0

8:06am Tue 8 Apr 14

PageA says...

WInwick Pig wrote:
To get a car over those barriers on that stretch of road up and over the railway line and down to Wilderspool, whoever was driving at whatever age or gender must have been going a little fast?

Quite a feet when you consider how snareld up that section of the A49 is and the number of lights!

Hope they are ok.

Oink :@)
Lot of sympathy on here for the occupants of the car. If there had been a young mother pushing a pram on the footpath would you still be so understanding? Or is it all about the outcome?
[quote][p][bold]WInwick Pig[/bold] wrote: To get a car over those barriers on that stretch of road up and over the railway line and down to Wilderspool, whoever was driving at whatever age or gender must have been going a little fast? Quite a feet when you consider how snareld up that section of the A49 is and the number of lights! Hope they are ok. Oink :@)[/p][/quote]Lot of sympathy on here for the occupants of the car. If there had been a young mother pushing a pram on the footpath would you still be so understanding? Or is it all about the outcome? PageA
  • Score: 2

10:02am Tue 8 Apr 14

grey_man says...

PageA wrote:
WInwick Pig wrote:
To get a car over those barriers on that stretch of road up and over the railway line and down to Wilderspool, whoever was driving at whatever age or gender must have been going a little fast?

Quite a feet when you consider how snareld up that section of the A49 is and the number of lights!

Hope they are ok.

Oink :@)
Lot of sympathy on here for the occupants of the car. If there had been a young mother pushing a pram on the footpath would you still be so understanding? Or is it all about the outcome?
Great point. I know we tend to be relieved that nobody is killed but it's a lesson about people considering the consequences of their own actions. When something terrible happens as a consequence of stupidity, those responsible always fall back on 'I didn't mean it'. I don't think that's a valid defence for stupidity and recklessness.
[quote][p][bold]PageA[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]WInwick Pig[/bold] wrote: To get a car over those barriers on that stretch of road up and over the railway line and down to Wilderspool, whoever was driving at whatever age or gender must have been going a little fast? Quite a feet when you consider how snareld up that section of the A49 is and the number of lights! Hope they are ok. Oink :@)[/p][/quote]Lot of sympathy on here for the occupants of the car. If there had been a young mother pushing a pram on the footpath would you still be so understanding? Or is it all about the outcome?[/p][/quote]Great point. I know we tend to be relieved that nobody is killed but it's a lesson about people considering the consequences of their own actions. When something terrible happens as a consequence of stupidity, those responsible always fall back on 'I didn't mean it'. I don't think that's a valid defence for stupidity and recklessness. grey_man
  • Score: 1

12:47pm Tue 8 Apr 14

Reader says...

Might not have been stupidity.... could have been due to any number of reasons and that is for the police to try and find out not for us to speculate.
As for the car going over the railings the pics on the other news page reported on Saturday looked like it my have gone up the bit where the bollards are not over the rail. Glad everyones ok :)
Might not have been stupidity.... could have been due to any number of reasons and that is for the police to try and find out not for us to speculate. As for the car going over the railings the pics on the other news page reported on Saturday looked like it my have gone up the bit where the bollards are not over the rail. Glad everyones ok :) Reader
  • Score: 4

2:18pm Tue 8 Apr 14

fedster says...

we know how bad that section of road is and the build up to rush hour it gets worse.
far to many people shoot up the left lane the turning for the (A49) and then cut others of at the lights to head down chester road.

not to mention that curb is huge and railings on the angle they are on make people go wide.
we know how bad that section of road is and the build up to rush hour it gets worse. far to many people shoot up the left lane the turning for the (A49) and then cut others of at the lights to head down chester road. not to mention that curb is huge and railings on the angle they are on make people go wide. fedster
  • Score: 2

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree